Fair/Foul - Strippers now entitled to minimum wage

Options
7figz
7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2013 in For The Grown & Sexy
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) — A federal judge ruled this week that exotic dancers at a Midtown strip club are protected by labor laws and entitled to be paid at least a minimum wage...
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/09/11/judge-strippers-must-be-paid-at-least-minimum-wage/

Critics argue that they make (or have the potential to make) 1000's per night so this is ? .

The real question is: How does this affect the cost of lap-dances / VIP ?

Comments

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) — A federal judge ruled this week that exotic dancers at a Midtown strip club are protected by labor laws and entitled to be paid at least a minimum wage...

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/09/11/judge-strippers-must-be-paid-at-least-minimum-wage/

Critics argue that they make (or have the potential to make) 1000's per night so this is ? .

The real question is: How does this affect the cost of lap-dances / VIP ?

IB4 strippers have you pay $50 per song for lap dance!!!!
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    alot of these strippers are sucking ? at the back of these clubs and only use the club as a safer way to find tricks.
    so This development is going to cause massive lay offs in the stripper market

and an upsurges in the street walker market i predict club owners are going to fire some of these ? 's forcing them to turn to ? in purple suits
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sure why not.

lol @ the idea that all strippers are raking in the dough. Some of those chicks aren't even allowed to take the stage.
  • 7figz
    Options
    sure why not.

lol @ the idea that all strippers are raking in the dough. Some of those chicks aren't even allowed to take the stage.

Then those ? shouldn't get paid.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    foul, damn these ? hoes
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess this is alright. I haven't thought about it much but considering strip clubs also sell food (and in most places good food too) they can probably afford to pay it.

Just charge more at the door and raise the price of drinks bits settled.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sure why not.

They still serve a purpose cause for every type of female out there, there is a man that likes it like that.

They just aren't really main stage material.
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ 59 dollar lapdances
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ugly ? gonna get laid off if this ? gets legislated.
  • 7figz
    edited September 2013
    Options
    sure why not.

They still serve a purpose cause for every type of female out there, there is a man that likes it like that.

They just aren't really main stage material.

Unless you sayin' that this ? gonna still be "working", then I don't know what purpose she servin' in the club. (and why she should still get paid)
  • MF_Doomerville
    MF_Doomerville Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Minimum wage = I'm getting ? AND a lap dance.
  • GodNThaBuild'n
    GodNThaBuild'n Members Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh no love for these hoes. Might as well give em benefits too
  • GodNThaBuild'n
    GodNThaBuild'n Members Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guess that means I can save my nickels since these ? getting paid anyway.

You ever hit a ? in her ? with a nickel. ? is funny
  • 7figz
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Smh no love for these hoes. Might as well give em benefits too

Yeah... gonna ? the whole ? .

Next thing you know, fat ? will be suing strip clubs for discrimination.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I guess this is alright. I haven't thought about it much but considering strip clubs also sell food (and in most places good food too) they can probably afford to pay it.

WHO the ? are these ? eating the food at a strip club? men really do that ?
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Strippers got kids to feed.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    jono wrote: »

WHO the ? are these ? eating the food at a strip club? men really do that ?

Yep, I've done it once. ? slapped too but then again I was ? also so maybe I'm remembering it wrong.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fair

But I kinda have mixed thoughts on it because strippers have the ability to get tips unlike certain other professions.

Taking that into consideration a strippers dedication, discipline, mind frame could influence their salary a lot.

Most labors don't get the benefit of minimum wage and the ability to make a tips its usually one or the other.
  • 7figz
    Options
    The club had argued that the dancers were independent contractors.

But Manhattan U.S. District Court Judge Paul Engelmayer ruled that the dancers were the “main attraction” at the club and integral to its success...

It is hard to imagine how these entertainers should be paid at the minimum wage, which would amount to a fraction of the $1,000 or more that some of them acknowledged they earned in a single night,” Rick’s Cabaret International chief executive officer Eric Langan said in a news release. “Additionally, the court did not rule on the issue of whether the substantial amounts entertainers earned are wages under New York State Labor Law.”

Club attorney Jeffrey A. Kimmel said the club will be appealing the decision.
    “Additionally there are significant remaining issues that were not addressed on these motions, including whether the substantial amounts earned by the plaintiffs can be deemed wages under New York State Law and therefore be applied against any claimed minimum wage obligations,” he said in the release.

I never worked tips / commission but do other jobs that are tip / commission-based still have to meet minimum wage before tips are included ?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    whenever I go to a strip club, I only order drinks and chill. no dances. so I'm good
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wtf?? These broads take their clothes off for a living they don't deserve ? !