The Official Drake "Nothing Was The Same" Album Thread (The Reviews are Coming In....) (9.24)

Options

Comments

• TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't believe ? said this is a solid song. I just.... SMH..
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like I said, we REALLY need a "? you" or FOH button this type of horseshit.
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Drake Officially been kicked out the Reason or nah?
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao @ this being moved to the r&b section
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    edited September 2013
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ the move
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Troll ass title of a song....

This is what Drake wants us to do with it.....

[img]http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/attachments/f2/282186d1308514672-most-disgusting-gif-ever-made-eating-dog-? .gif[/img]
  • GovernmentCheese
    GovernmentCheese Members Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Just listened to the Wu Tang Forever track again. Drake got another hit on his hands tbh, I like the concept to the song as well. It ain't really about simpin, the connection to Wu Tang's "It's Your's" track is dope as ? . Wu-Tang was once on top of the world, selling out arenas all over...the world was theirs. Drake is saying that now he's on his Wu-Tang ? . The girl's are his, the rap game is his, the world is his; in his perspective.

• rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOcoaOyFqpU

I should of known he would mess it up. SMDH. How you going to call a song "Wu Tang Forever" and start singing about some damn chick. Pathetic. Who gives a damn about Chris Brown and Rhianna? This is about WU ? . Beat don't even sound like something Wu would f*ck with. This was a chance for Drake to shut some haters up with his lyrical ability over a hard track paying real homage to Wu. Instead another typical drake simping song. Throwing in "It's Yours" doesn't make up for the song. The song does not embody Wu, doesn't have the WU sound, Doesn't really have anything to do with the Wu Tang Legacy. Wu fans all across the net are sh!tting on it.

The song should not have been named "Wu Tang Forever". It's crazy cause this is the 20th Anniversary of Wu and again Drake had a great chance to pay real homage. Talk about the Wu, talk about their impact. Instead I have to hear him singing about females. WEAK! The only think positive I hope comes from this is all Drake's young fans go back and listen to "Wu Tang Forever" and get some real hip hop in those ear drums. ? I think Drake needs to pop in that album also cause he obviously doesn't get the Wu Tang vibe dropping that soft ? track. If you going to call that ish "Wu Tang Forever" you gotta bring it. It's gotta be Hip Hop. Drake shouldn't of even fixed his mouth to speak the Wu name:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNT6Zxi2M9k
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I consider myself a hip-hop head and the only thing that bothers me about the track is the name. It's misleading as hell. Shoulda been called "It's Yours" or sumin.

But I like the song itself. Especially that 2nd verse.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    I consider myself a hip-hop head and the only thing that bothers me about the track is the name. It's misleading as hell. Shoulda been called "It's Yours" or sumin.

But I like the song itself. Especially that 2nd verse.

The name is exactly why it's going to get backlash. He could of called it anything. Calling it "Wu Tang Forever" speaks to anyone who grew up on Wu Tang. You gotta come harder than that. Again it's just a regular Drake song. Why didn't he talk about the members on Wu or the Legacy of Wu? Was it even a homage track? Sure he scratched in "It's Yours" and took a few bars but the song itself really had nothing to do with Wu tang.

Dude should of reached out to RZA and got him to produce the song. Or at the very least should of sampled a Classic beat from the "Wu Tang Forever" album. Listening to the song made me seriously go and pop in "Forever" and cleanse myself, lol. It's songs like this why there is a large segment of Hip Hop heads that think Drake is forever soft. Hey Drake. THIS IS WU TANG FOREVER:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5Jnv5Z9z3o
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wu-Tang forever hmmm sounds nothing like Wu-Tang my oldest brother going to ? at me cause I mentioned this song to him about Drake rapping on a song with Wu-Tang in the title lol and he is a big Wu-Tang fan.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i really wanna know why this ? is called wu tang forever
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This song tight.I just don't understand why it's called wu tang forever
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    It's cool, just needs a title change.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    I felt like I got Punk'd/troll'd with this bait and switch ? .

BUA_ekMCQAAqJA7.jpg

look at her in attention sucking mode
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing was the same september 24th
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Theodis wrote: »
    Theodis wrote: »
    love the fact that even the drake riders felt this was a form of hip hop sacrilege...

keep waking up.

Johnny Football.

I know I told you I was gon take you on that fishing trip... but ? aint work out between me and your momma... so...
    ? your pillow fort, lil ? .

magicmanziel_medium.gif

"Nothing Was The Same"

Questions will swirl around Alabama as it heads to College Station Friday for one of the biggest games of the college football season. But this situation won't go away in a week, as the allegations could potentially alter the history books of the Crimson Tide's recent dominant run over college football.

D.J. Fluker started at right tackle in every game of Alabama's last two national championship seasons, but the allegations of impropriety appear to center in the middle of those two years. So should the NCAA be able to prove that the benefits did exist, it could retroactively strip the Crimson Tide of wins, including a SEC Championship and a BCS National Championship.

....shoulda told them agents #nonewfriends

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited September 2013
    Options
    In case people aint heard it yet

Drake - Wu Tang Forever (It's Yours)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDi88gBwnaM
    mattDUB2k5 wrote:
    25 minutes ago

you actually listen to the song or just mad? because if you listen to it, he's referring to rap/hip-hop in the same vein that Common did on "I Used To Love H.E.R."

I agree but the Wu tang thing is misleading unless you think of it as Wutang being used as a metaphor for hip hop. Sorta like Jordan is a symbol for basketball unofficially.

Like the Wutang flow he used.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That track dope as ? and this album gon be amazing...Fuzk any other opinion, cause it don't matter, scrait up...NOTHING WAS THE SAME...
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    That track dope as ? and this album gon be amazing...Fuzk any other opinion, cause it don't matter, scrait up...NOTHING WAS THE SAME...

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cabadonna,rae,inspecta deck all gave drake props for "payin homage"