The Official 2013-2014 NFL Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tryin to decide if im gonna go its supposed to rain in the morning which ruins tailgating my boy offered me 250 Lol for my ticket
    I actually prefer to watch games at home but i know arrowhead gonna be rockin
    Depends on how wgw i get at the fight party tonight
    Money team
  • Beezus
    Options
    I dunno who Tony room is
    Is he better than romo?
  • Beezus
    Options
    Last yr i couldnt give them away Lol
    Opening day at arrowhead..only reason
  • Beezus
    Options
    Damn i just realized u said chief tickets go for 2 bucks :(
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I look at teams like Texans , Bengals, and Bucs, Vikings very talented teams and they all have incapable quarterbacks to me and its holding them back.

Versus teams like Saints,Cowboys,Colts, who have capable QBs but been lacking in other areas. O-line,

Don't diss our oline. Brees rarely gets sacked.

How dare you put the cowboys in the same sentence as us
  • Beezus
    Options
    You can sell a chiefs ticket for 250?that has to be at least 248 above retail value.... Take the pleighguhl

My boy sellin standing room only tickets for 70 Lol
    Think i might take this money
    Before we get brought back down to reality
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    *wrong thread edit*
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    I look at teams like Texans , Bengals, and Bucs, Vikings very talented teams and they all have incapable quarterbacks to me and its holding them back.

Versus teams like Saints,Cowboys,Colts, who have capable QBs but been lacking in other areas. O-line,

Don't diss our oline. Brees rarely gets sacked.

How dare you put the cowboys in the same sentence as us

Didn't mean to put o-line. But defense sucked for y'all. Brees is average in the red zone by the way...he throws too many picks for my taste.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seahawks....a reckoning is coming
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    KU Beezy wrote: »
    Ready for tomorrow
    Chiefs dont let me down

Tru...niners need that extra 2nd rounder for captain checkdown
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Seahawks....a reckoning is coming

Put your avi up or stop with the fake confidence...y'all gettin smashed just like last time.
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    Avi bet allday
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Having a great QB greatly increase your chances to win a game more then any other position.

Colts two years ago.

Let's not act like having a average QB is a good thing if the rest of your team is championship calibern

So Joe Flacco is the best QB in the league? Dilfer? Eli?

Having good players at any position "improves your chances of winning." The most important thing is having a solid coaching staff and front office that can find the right players and coach them into whatever philosophy the team plays with.

That can be recycled over and over again. If a team is all about just one player then that means the team just "lucked out" and as soon as that player leaves it's back to the basement.

I've seen wack QB's win super bowls.
    Never saw a wack front office win a super bowl. Never seen a wack coaching staff win a super bowl.

Word to terry bradshaw....? got 4 rings but he is never mentioned among the goats
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Having a great QB greatly increase your chances to win a game more then any other position.

Colts two years ago.

Let's not act like having a average QB is a good thing if the rest of your team is championship calibern

Having good players at any position "improves your chances of winning." The most important thing is having a solid coaching staff and front office that can find the right players and coach them into whatever philosophy the team plays with.

That can be recycled over and over again. If a team is all about just one player then that means the team just "lucked out" and as soon as that player leaves it's back to the basement.

Never saw a wack front office win a super bowl. Never seen a wack coaching staff win a super bowl.

Word to terry bradshaw....? got 4 rings but he is never mentioned among the goats

Doesn't mean he's wack. Dude is a hall of famer.
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    C/s bout the front office. ..as soon as Debartlo was kicked out the league & he gave the team to his sister who in turn let her husband(a ? doctor) run the team it went downhiil quick...fired Marriucci after 10-6 season...hired Dennis Ericsson....niners spent 8 years in the dumps directly due to a horrible front officers
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honest question what did Seattle show the rest of you last week to indicate they will beat San Francisco.

I'm not saying Seattle won't win the game tomorrow, but in my opinion they didn't look great against Carolina.

Am I missing something?
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honest question what did Seattle show the rest of you last week to indicate they will beat San Francisco.

I'm not saying Seattle won't win the game tomorrow, but in my opinion they didn't look great against Carolina.

Am I missing something?

Probably because Seattle is playing at home where they didn't lose last year, plus it's a division game.

And they kicked our ass in Seattle toward the end of the season last year.
  • eastbay510
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    C/s bout the front office. ..as soon as Debartlo was kicked out the league & he gave the team to his sister who in turn let her husband(a ? doctor) run the team it went downhiil quick...fired Marriucci after 10-6 season...hired Dennis Ericsson....niners spent 8 years in the dumps directly due to a horrible front officers

Always thought we got rid of Mooch too early, he was a good coach for us. When he got fired we were being rumored to hire Dennis Green which i was cool with at the time... But Dennis Ericson??

That was a tough time to be a Niner fan those few years
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @eastbay510 y'all looked like the best team in football last week in my none biased opinion.

Luckily there is a lot of football to be played.

• eastbay510
    Options
    Yeah we looked great last week. Justin Smith back which should make a difference, his absence last time we played was one of the reasons we ended up losing.

Should be a good game I think we'll pull it out though
  • Beezus
    Options
    Just got home
    Runnin on no sleep
    Still ? and def aint makin the game
    Gotta get at least 3 hrs of sleep
    Chiefs win
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KU Beezy wrote: »
    Just got home
    Runnin on no sleep
    Still ? and def aint makin the game
    Gotta get at least 3 hrs of sleep
    Chiefs win

Oh really?

So what that ? looking like?

funny-gif-pervert-face-girls.gif
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Colts two years ago.

Doesn't mean he's wack. Dude is a hall of famer.

The ? ? You know how many players in the hall fame who didnt have a huge impact on the game or didnt put up great numbers? Your comment means nothing
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Troy Aikman isn't mentioned amongst the greats either, neither of them are wack, Joe Flacco, Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson would fit that category, although I wouldn't call them wack but average at best