Spinoff Thread... Would Ice Cube ever work with Eminem???

Options
2»

Comments

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    You don't remember cube and em were signed to the same label in 2001 or 2 on aftermath even though like most the people on aftermath cube didn't release anything but i sure if he did em probably would of been on the album and there was even a rumor ice cube was signed to shady records

cube was never on aftermatg
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? sink tthreads now?
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea if Em is actually going in and not on that "Real Slim Shady" or "Without me" ? .
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell Know that would Be the Death Knell...
    ? sink tthreads now?
    Mods have had that ability since I was a part of the Mod squad(After we got this new vanilla forum) stewie and sion in particular love doing it on the sly when threads highlighting the faults of their favs. It is/was only supposed to be used on threads that have gotten off track but kats have been given reign to do as they please as long as not too many waves are made. Given the reactions you received one can only guess who did it to you.

But back on track The Up in Smoke tour ad libs is something I never saw before but still a far cry from doing a song together still amazes though how people ride the fence with this type of thread when they know there vote is public and much props to those on both sides who had the testicular fortitude to vote proudly whichever way they voted...
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited September 2013
    Options
    ? sink tthreads now?
    Mods have had that ability since I was a part of the Mod squad(After we got this new vanilla forum) stewie and sion in particular love doing it on the sly when threads highlighting the faults of their favs. It is/was only supposed to be used on threads that have gotten off track but kats have been given reign to do as they please as long as not too many waves are made. Given the reactions you received one can only guess who did it to you.

But back on track The Up in Smoke tour ad libs is something I never saw before but still a far cry from doing a song together still amazes though how people ride the fence with this type of thread when they know there vote is public and much props to those on both sides who had the testicular fortitude to vote proudly whichever way they voted...

His ? ass didnt even realize the thread bumped right back up once he posted and your ? cant see it was a hour + break in between post? Hmmm ever think thats why the thread was sinking?
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    edited September 2013
    Options
    ? sink tthreads now?

His ? ass didnt even realize the thread bumped right back up once he posted and your ? cant see it was a hour + break in between post? Hmmm ever think thats why the thread was sinking?
    Stewie you do not have to lie to kick it it makes all you Mods look bad doing so I posted in it before I made this thread and it did not move so I referenced it in this thread nice try at covering your ass with a spin job and removing the sinker tho, you can go back to your sneak abuses now or further expose yourself choice is yours...

As to this thread as I stated the track with Eminem and Ice Cube would be the Death Knell to the game most of us all claim to love...
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Options
    I don't see why not, but cube was baiting eminem to a beef around the time Terrorist Threats came out
    would love to see that beef...

Mister Black Korea...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uxGKU7wdZ0

Versus

Slim Shady...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chd8VzL2soY

too me not a fair battle, but would they rock a track together or even more unlikely do a mixtape or album together???
    Weazel wrote: »
    Em - "the new Ice Cube, ? hate to like you"

Cube - "I ain't the doctor, this ain't the patient. This ain't that ? always on vacation"

Em - While you were sipping your own Kool-Aid getting your buzz heavy. I was in the ? sheds sharpening my machete"

Cube - "Oh ? , it's N.W.A.! Them ? on tour and they comin our way. Lil' Eminem is still tucked away. In that trailer park, just bumpin our tape"

It ain't much, but it's something ^^^
    But I don't think they have any kind of "beef"
    Eminem is a fan of Cube's ? as far as I know
    And Ice Cube?, he doesn't look like a Em fan to me
    ...they did things together tho, same interview, same shows etc etc

• Stew
    Options
    ? sink tthreads now?

Stewie you do not have to lie to kick it it makes all you Mods look bad doing so I posted in it before I made this thread and it did not move so I referenced it in this thread nice try at covering your ass with a spin job and removing the sinker tho, you can go back to your sneak abuses now or further expose yourself choice is yours...

As to this thread as I stated the track with Eminem and Ice Cube would be the Death Knell to the game most of us all claim to love...

Ask @ThatDamnJay to check the logs so you can feel like a ? .
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »
    Didn't Scarface say he'd never work with Eminem?
    Oceanic wrote: »
    Didn't Scarface say he'd never work with Eminem?

Yea but not for any negative reason. He was basically givin him props.

Cube has already worked with Em more than once directly and indirectly.
    More politics then anything else you can walk around what is really being said by peeping this interview from a while back...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bUpeKyy-CE

Scarface with out talking about Eminem directly speaks on his presence and what it represents to the culture at this point. Face much like Cube is still relevant because they understand the politics of the game and neither refuses money as both are true to the hustler spirit. If you can make money off of your adversary or opponent you take that and play the game the robin hood mentality.

But each to this point has been careful to not ostracize themselves while still maintaining stances as they have already publicly stated positions they never retracted in the past. Basically in Cubes case over the years he has had no problem taking white & asian peoples money same as black and latinos if they still support his efforts knowing how he views their world positions in contrast to his own.

The same can be said about Eminem while he has claimed one thing he displays a typical position seen throughout history of adopting the urban culture and placing a white face on it. IF we are to judge by ones actions and lyrics both Cube and Eminem have deep and passionate positions about people and have spoken harshly at times about different cultures. In private life Cube has invested into his community outside of those that help him recoup finances he banks on his culture. He married a Beautiful Black Woman and lives the life he has professed he wished all the hood could.

Publicly Eminem from what I have seen has done similar but more so in his business of artists that make him money and keep him grounded in the scene. He has stuck to relationships with white(at the very least in manners and appearance)women and been very vehement in his statements musically and to the public about his feelings. Again both appear to adhere to their previously stated position publicly while still maintaining civility with cultures or individuals they have disdain for. There is definitely a type of satisfaction one feels profiting off a enemy. At the same time profits have to weigh against goals and if they conflict you do not profit at the expense of your overall investment...
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    edited September 2013
    Options
    ? sink tthreads now?

Ask @ThatDamnJay to check the logs so you can feel like a ? .

Check the logs for what past abuses or on this thread in particular, there is a perception thing you are missing with my statements so I apologize that you feel like I am abusing you as your reaction claims on my post. If you did not sink the thread in the 1st place then why are you defending as if you did? Lets say I give you the benefit of the doubt as I have not posted in the thread since observing it being sunk then in the interest of fairness why did you not unsink it?

All that said I hope you did not and had nothing to do with it as it inspired a interesting discussion that is hitting at the fundamentals of the changes we are seeing in the public perception of huge Figures in the game. The word play of thread is on knowing that certain moves by artists will show the shift into HipHop being completely and willfully subsumed instead of maintaining its distinct identity.

Artists like Cube have definitely matured over the years and the passion to be combative fades with old age as those it does not do so with usually are destroyed by that destructive energy but fundamental beliefs can easily be seen through their everyday actions. I honestly hope Ice Cube chooses not to choose profit over ideals as so many others have but I recognize that it is a real possibility given the direction things have been going...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvbUZ7pgZdw
  • Stew
    Options
    Nobody sank your damn thread ? , get over it.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Options
    More debate less derailing is needed in this thread...