Southern Civil War RD 1: Texas vs Georgia

Options

Comments

• will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GA
    Never in my day would I have thought ? ? wit TX music more than GA music...I can't think of 1 group in TX better than Outkast...I can't think of a label as successful and diverse Organized Noize...? in TX made moves but none like Jermaine Dupri in his hey day...
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GA
    Dont forget we got Devin the Dude too......We got a versatility with our artist down here, if you think we have limited subject matter then probably only listened to Mike Jones and Paul Wall and judged off that.

Also when people say S.U.C they gotta realize the the amount of dope artist/sub groups inside of the click

Fat Pat
    Hawk
    Keke
    Big MoeESG
    Trae
    Big Pokey
    Z-Ro
    Mike D
    Botany BoyzChris Ward
    Yungstar
    D.E.A
    Southside Playaz
    Flip

SPC

K-Rino
    Klondike Kat
    Point Blank
    ect

Slim Thug
    Chamillion
    Magnificent
    UGK
    Scarface
    Geto Boys
    Devin The Dude
    Killa KyleonSPM

And I'm still leaving out a lot of artist but thats for the people who say we arent diverse

BRUH... U PICKED EVERRYBODY YOU COULD THINK OF AND MOST OF THEM ? IS TRASH.. NO HATE..

YALL ARE DIVERSE YOU SAY?.. I THINK ATLANTA IS MORE DIVERSE AND ATL RAPPERS GET MORE PLAY OUTSIDE OF THEIR OWN STATE.. MOST OF YALL RAPPERS ARE LOCAL JOKERS

IF WANNA TALK DIVERSITY WE CAN DO THAT

OUTKAST
    GOODIEMOB
    PASTOR TROY
    KILLA MIKE
    THE DUNGEON FAM
    LUDA
    TI
    JEZZY
    GUCCI
    KILO ALI
    HITMAN SAMMY SAM
    THE WHOLE 1990'S ? /BASS MUSIC
    YOUNG BLOODZ
    BONE CRUSHER
    CEELO/GNARLS BARKLEY
    FRANCHIZE BOYZ
    FIELD MOB
    2CHAINZ
    FUTURE

NONE OF THESE ? SOUND ALIKE AT ALL!

THE BOLDED ARE GARBAGE/1 HIT WONDERS, BUT THEIR MUSIC WAS NATION WIDE AND NOT JUST LOCAL, LIKE MOST TX RAPPERS

I agree, I never been to ATL and I can name all of those rappers cept for 3, or 4.

I lived in Texas for 4 years and I can only name a couple of those Texas rappers you posted.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TX
    while I voted in these threads reflecting and reading I see the divide and conquer tactics are impeccably positioned and executed in them...
  • GodNThaBuild'n
    GodNThaBuild'n Members Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TX
    To much snappin and hand twirling music comes outta a Georgia. Every other day it's a new dance. To many one hit wonders.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To much snappin and hand twirling music comes outta a Georgia. Every other day it's a new dance. To many one hit wonders.

While nothing has come from TX on the mainstream level in the last 6-8 years.

• GodNThaBuild'n
    Options
    TX
    GSonII wrote: »

Ay blame white kids for that. Texas artist ain't trying to impress any white kids
  • lonestarg
    lonestarg Members Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TX

What u fail to realise is Tx is comfortable with the underground scene and is going to eat like a major artist, many Tx artist have said they rather sale 100,00 underground cds for 10 a piece with there own decision, creativity, and hustle then sell out and be told what to put out and make pennies to the dollar..

ATL has more resources and networking due to the bigger labels and music corporations set up there but thats why yall come a dime a dozen and can be dished out for 1 hit song (maybe) and on to the next one!
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TX
    Love Outkast,Dungeon Family, Luda, old TI, but UGK,Swishahouse, ZRo, Trae , the rest of Houston, and Tum Tum and Dallas is just toooooooo much.
  • GodNThaBuild'n
    Options
    TX
    Ghost313 wrote: »
    Love Outkast,Dungeon Family, Luda, old TI, but UGK,Swishahouse, ZRo, Trae , the rest of Houston, and Tum Tum and Dallas is just toooooooo much.

I was with you until you said Tum Tum

• illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    TX
    I'm from PA. and I'm voting based off what we listened to when I was growing up..
    and we mostly listened to East Coast and West Coast..

We only listened to a couple southern states,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-6Xbg4cpRU

and that was Texas and Louisiana..

But we also banged that Triple 6 Mafia..
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TX
    Gotta roll with the Lone Star State due to their longevity, trendsetting and classic music.

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    TX
    MIND PLAYIN TRICKS ON ME DID BREAK NATIONAL, BUT IT DIDNT DO NOTHING FOR THE SOUTH AS FAR AS COMPETING WITH THE EAST...

mj-laughing.gif

shaq-face.jpg

f1013d0b_909263d6_2291482-not_sure_if_serious.jpeg
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TX
    I'm running with TX. Im up early bumping Devin The Dude

Plus my ? is up out of Texas...........UGK
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GA
    Really 1 hit wonders can't b brought up either, wat happened to Tum tum, b Hamp, gs boyz, party boys, some might even put cham and dorrough in there, but I fool with some Texas music tho
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TX
    Really 1 hit wonders can't b brought up either, wat happened to Tum tum, b Hamp, gs boyz, party boys, some might even put cham and dorrough in there, but I fool with some Texas music tho

Naw Cham isnt a one hit wonder but them others are
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TX
    Atl produced some great hip hop artists, even some legends, no doubt, much love to atl, but texas in the ny of the south.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TX
    Can't really call Dorrough one hit...he got atlest 2, right?
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TX
    Texas all day...

Multiple classics & Devin the Dude

http://youtu.be/lDJlJ_ODKwg

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GA
    Can't really call Dorrough one hit...he got atlest 2, right?
    Ion really call dorrough n cham one hit either but most remember em for ice cream paint job n riding ?
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still at it? I thought this was over yesterday. * IC poster voice* ? Atlanta people! *shaking fists* I have a feeling this "tournament" will get less interesting without that big bad ATL in it. But let it move on without by far the most successful state. Yall are hilarious. Thats the internet for ya it can be fun to escape reality sometimes. So whats the next round lookin like?
  • lonestarg
    lonestarg Members Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TX
    Still at it? I thought this was over yesterday. * IC poster voice* ? Atlanta people! *shaking fists* I have a feeling this "tournament" will get less interesting without that big bad ATL in it. But let it move on without by far the most successful state. Yall are hilarious. Thats the internet for ya it can be fun to escape reality sometimes. So whats the next round lookin like?

Notice u said "you" feel the tournament would be less interesting without ATL yet if they was interested in Ga they'd make it past the 1st round

Feeling Salty? Suck on a lemon!
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GA
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    IM FROM GA, SO IMA BE BIASED A LIL...

NO SOUTHERN STATE HAS HAD A MOVEMENT LIKE GA (ATLANTA)

ALLLL THIS ? STARTED WHEN OUTKAST GOT BOOED AT THE SOURCE AWARDS...

TX CHOPPED AND SCREWED IS COOL.. BUT ITS AN AQUIRED TASTE..MOST FOLKS ACTUALLY THINK ITS STUPID!

WHEN A NEW DANCE COMES OUT, CLUB BANNGER; ITS USUALLY FROM ATLANTA..

I SEE YALL NAMED ALOTT TX RAPPERS BUT MOST OF THEM ? AINT KNOWN OUTSIDE OF TEXAS..

THE "CRUNK ERA" SHYTED ON ANY ERA THAT TEXAS EVER HAD.. TX MADE A MOVE, BUT IT GOT BLEW OUT REALLY QUICK

I DONT THINK ANY BODY IN TX CAN ? WITH OUTKAST MUSICALLY (MY OPINION).. BUT U GOT NGAS THAT THINK UGK IS WAYY BETTER THAN OUTKAST.. SO ITS JUST YOUR TASTE..

I JUST PERSONALLY THINK AND I THINK WE CAN ALL AGREE THAT GA (ATLANTA) HAS DONE FOR THE SOUTHERN MUSIC SCENE THAN ANY OTHER SOUTHERN STATE. WETHA WE PRODUCE 1 HIT WONDERS OR NOT

dre at the source awards was cool but "mind playing tricks on me" was the first southern record that broke nationally

lol@ atlanta having a movement for some slang they didnt originate

crunk/krunk/crump isnt from georgia fam

btw: nobody has still named a significant indy rap label from georgia

ill give you one thing tho....georgia has more dance hits

MIND PLAYIN TRICKS ON ME DID BREAK NATIONAL, BUT IT DIDNT DO NOTHING FOR THE SOUTH AS FAR AS COMPETING WITH THE EAST...

3-6 MAFIA STARTED "BUCK" MUSIC, BUT NOT CRUNK AND CRUNK IS A BRANCH OFF FROM BUCK, BUT NOT EXACTLY THE SAME THANG..

Three 6 did start crunk music, along with DJ Squeaky, DJ Zirk & etc in Memphis

They was tearing clubs up back in the early 90s, ATL started getting crunk by 98-99 when PT came thru with No Mo Play In GA
    lonestarg wrote: »

What u fail to realise is Tx is comfortable with the underground scene and is going to eat like a major artist, many Tx artist have said they rather sale 100,00 underground cds for 10 a piece with there own decision, creativity, and hustle then sell out and be told what to put out and make pennies to the dollar..

ATL has more resources and networking due to the bigger labels and music corporations set up there but thats why yall come a dime a dozen and can be dished out for 1 hit song (maybe) and on to the next one!

ATLANTA AINT ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THAT DOE...

YES, YALL DO YALL LIL UNDERGROUND THANG, BUT LIKE I SAID, MOST OF TX ARE LOCAL CATS..

YOU CAN BE UNDREGROUND AND STILL MAKE A NATIONWIDE NAME FOR YOURSELF

FLIP DID IT... PAUL WALL, THUGGA DID IT.. UGK DID IT....
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GA
    I GOT A ? FROM TX.. THAT ? GOT 2 THICK ASS CD BINDERS FULL OF TX MUSIC..

YALL LIKE THAT SLOW ? .. IN THE A, WE LIKE THAT FAST ? ... BOTH ARE COOL EITHER WAY.. BUT I JUST GOTS TO PUT UP A FIGHT FOR MY CITY
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    GA

b-hamp-do_the_ricky_bobby.jpg
    gs-boyz.jpeg

and these ? was dumb wack

and can you name the one hit wonders from ga, because i dont think rap fans know exactly what a one hit wonder is, i think they believe it has somethin to do wit not bein lyrical
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TX
    Cain1 wrote: »
    Scarface
    Geto Boys
    Big Mike
    Slim Thug
    UGK
    Devin The Dude
    DOC (from TX lot of people forget this)

Only Texas artist worth pushing play for them other ? are not that good IMO

TI
    Jeezy
    OutKAst
    Goodie MOb
    Luda
    Field Mob
    Dungeon Fam
    Pastor Troy

Only GA artist I listen to.

Sacrface tips the scale for my vote cause he's one of the Goats but GA has better artist and music

Damn I forgot about Big Mike,
    he was signed to Rap-A-Lot,
    but he from Louisiana though..

I forgot about the Convicts,
    this song was my ? ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_StVODAyJRE