Options
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There a Commissioner Gordon Origin Show coming to fox
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/09/25/gotham-batmans-commissioner-gordon-getting-fox-tv-series

Gotham: Batman's Commissioner Gordon Getting FOX TV Series

On the same night Marvel launched Agents of SHIELD, it's been revealed that DC is making another big step in TV, with Commissioner Gordon getting his own live-action series, reveals Deadline. Following a bidding war between the networks, the Warner Bros. TV-produced series, called Gotham, has ended up at FOX. Showing what a big deal Gotham is, it's been given a straight-to-series order, bypassing the pilot stage.
    The series will focus on a young Detective James Gordon and "the villains that made Gotham famous." Bruno Heller (Rome, The Mentalist) is writing the Commissioner Gordon, which will presumably launch during the 2014-2015 TV season. Gotham will take place before Gordon meets Batman, who will not be a part of the series.
    DC already has one TV show currently on the air, Arrow, and a second is very possible for next year - with The Flash being introduced on Arrow in Season 2 as a potential spinoff character. That being the case, it's possible we could have three DC-based series on the air by next fall.

In the past decade+, most DC-based TV shows have aired on The WB and its successor, The CW, including Smallville, Birds of Prey (the last Batman-related TV series), Arrow and, if it happens, The Flash. However, FOX did air a DC-based project in recent years, Human Target. A couple of years ago, FOX was also developing a potential Punisher TV show with Marvel, though that project never came to be.
    The announcement of Gotham is another sign that the Christopher Nolan Batman era is over. It was known that DC and Warner Bros. would never allow any direct tie-ins to Batman on Smallville and there were rumors that Nolan himself squashed the potential young ? Grayson series, The Graysons, that The CW was developing, not wanting any Batman-related live-action projects occurring during his uber-successful film trilogy. But with a new Batman coming to the movies, in the form of Ben Affleck, we're now going to get our first James Gordon since Gary Oldman played him for Nolan - albeit an even younger version than we met in Batman Begins, it seems.
    How Gotham might tie into Arrow (and The Flash), if at all, is unclear at this point. Given the different networks they're airing on, crossovers would certainly be more difficult, and the pre-Batman era Gotham is taking place in might leave it as a series standing on its own in any event.

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Different networks but it be dope if crossovers did happen.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just hope they dont take the Arrow universe and the Flash/Arrow universe and put it in the DC movies.

Fingers crossedddd
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    I just hope they dont take the Arrow universe and the Flash/Arrow universe and put it in the DC movies.

Fingers crossedddd

That may be how they are setting up flash for.
  • iron man1
    Options
    For the justice league
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Fingers crossedddd
    Is Arrow different from the traditional Green Arrow mythos? Cause Smallville was different from the Superman mythos so that's why that was its own world and didn't get a movie.
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    Is this Pre-Batman series basically just gonna be a cop show though?
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Fingers crossedddd
    Is Arrow different from the traditional Green Arrow mythos? Cause Smallville was different from the Superman mythos so that's why that was its own world and didn't get a movie.

Ehh as far as the origins i think its pretty accurate. he was stranded on an island, met a guy who healed him up and trained him in combat and archery.

One main difference is Green arrow actually kills people in the show. He's almost like a Punisher/Green Arrow hybrid haha.

That was first season though, second season they are going to introduce people with super powers, and maybe Arrow will change his ways from killing people. Show isnt bad but it almost feels like a chick show sometimes with all these emotions going everywhere.

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Green Arrow killed in the 80's. He trained himself in the comics on that island though nobody helped him. I don't watch that show so I don't know how different it is. I only read Green Arrow comic books from 70's, 80's and 90's mostly and some early 2000's when he came back from the dead so I don't know how much it cribs from those books or how faithful it is to the current New 52 version either. But adaptations borrow influences from every point in the character's history usually.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A Jim Gordon Origins show had the potential for "GOATness," if were on cable.
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think DC trying to catch up to Marvel is just a waste of time. I think by Nolan's Batman being so recent it just makes it hard for people to move and accept something new. I'm trying to figure out DC's vision as to how and what they have up their sleeve. So after this Batman and Superman movie, then what?
    They could do kind of like a reversal as to what Marvel did. Marvel had these solo films then brought them together now tear them down into solo films again while still growing the roster (Ant Man and Guardians of the Galaxy).
    DC could just have like a post credits scene that introduces the Justice League after the Batman and Superman movie. You already have your two casts just cast Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern (keep Hal or go with Stewart), and if there is enough room for Green Arrow and/or Martian Manhunter. Build them up off that one scene then tear them down for solos or just the hell with it and do a Justice League film.
    DC has too many great characters and stories to tell. I love both Marvel and DC its just Marvel had a vision and ran with it now they're reaping the rewards.
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You know what if Warner/DC were smart they'd do a Wonder woman movie immediately, could make a lot of money.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    DC could just have like a post credits scene

Why would you want DC to copy Marvel's blueprint? It's really uneccessary and Marvel's strategy, while successful, is not the only way. Just make GOOD movies with good actors, good directors, and good scripts and storylines.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    starvin wrote: »

You know what if Warner/DC were smart they'd do a Wonder woman movie immediately, could make a lot of money.

i have a theory that DC is waiting for Hillary clinton to be president to start a WW movie.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    DC could just have like a post credits scene

Why would you want DC to copy Marvel's blueprint? It's really uneccessary and Marvel's strategy, while successful, is not the only way. Just make GOOD movies with good actors, good directors, and good scripts and storylines.

DC needs to do more than push Batman and Superman. They are fools not making a Flash and Wonder Woman movie.
  • iron man1
    Options
    They need to just base the ww movie off the animated movie and reboot greenlantern using the first flight movie just keep it simple for now.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A GL reboot is needed. I still don't know why that garbage was made.
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    The problem with a Wonder Woman movie is they know that the majority of people don't want to see a female led action/comic book movie
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    The problem with a Wonder Woman movie is they know that the majority of people don't want to see a female led action/comic book movie

Such a shifty excuse. The audience doesn't even know what they want to see until you present it to them. Case in point all the people ? about a Batman reboot when it was advertised in 2005 and then crying like hoes praising the best ? they ever sucked after seeing the movie because "It's what Batman needed".

The reality is there is no Wonder Woman movie because Hollywood is sexist and doesn't believe that a well written movie with a female lead could find an audience. WB has always been scared for that reason and unlike Marvel there is no DC Studios so DC can't go out there and do it themselves even though they've wanted to for years now. They don't have the same level of independence.

Then to justify not making it they use all these faulty and rushed pieces of garbage like Tomb Raider movies and Elektra and Catwoman as evidence that it's an implausible feat. Never mind the fact that 2 of those movies had no business existing in the first place and that they were all plagued with bad scripts and worse directors.

I mean let's just conveniently forget that Ellen Ripley and Sarah Connor became two of the most iconic characters ever because they were strong and competently written female protagonists especially in the sequels they appeared in (Aliens, T2). If anything it still seems like Cameron is the only ? in Hollywood who knows how to write female characters and direct great performances out of female leads. If only he was a Wonder Woman fan.