Yeahhhh miss me with that rapsh!t!

Options
Muhannad
Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
This thread was inspired by a thread about TI not being pleased that his Grand Hustle/ Hustle Gang click wasn't invited to the BET cyphers or w/e.

I been getting tired of this fake disdain/ comtempt some of these wack emcees from a certain region got for hip hop. I'm a Jeezy fan but I remember when he dropped that Trap or die DVD in '05 when he blew he was like "I don't battle a n*gga, I'll punch a n*gga in his face blabla" or something along those lines. Jeezy even had a joint out with the hook going "miss me with that rapsh*t". I actually liked that joint but it plays into what I been saying about these n*ggas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66felNkCiWg

All that anti-hiphop "I'm a hustler, not a rapper", "we don't do that battle rapping over here, we letting our guns go", "miss me with that rapsh*t" bravado we hear from wack n*ggas from the south is just a front to mask the fact they lack basic skill. They know they wack af. Notice how these weak n*ggas that proclaim they don't care about this genre got in their emotions when Nas named his album Hip hop = dead. He didn't even mention any one of them particularly but the shoe fit and they took offence. Jeezy embarassed himself in that Monie Luv interview, BGizzle (FYI I like BGizzle) said some BS in some interview and there were other n*ggas sounding madd salty taking offence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqDsWxCrKMo
From 13:40. Why you wanna change the rules? Talking about you ain't came up battling on the corner. Talking about you wanna shoot someone instead of battling them. We can hear that cuz I rarely if ever have heard them n*ggas spit anything that made me rewind that sh*t. TIP and BOB are dope but them other n*ggas suck.
These n*ggas are getting carried by production, hide behind affiliations and a fake image and use collabo's as a crutch. When a n*gga like Sway put 'em on the spot they don't show & prove but fold like a deck of cards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baqu9I9_pUk

Not beating up on TIP and his artists but why this pale b*tch wanna change the rules? Spit over that beat FOH...

I was happy when Kendrick dropped that verse. Real hip hop is coming back. Right now it's cool again to actually be able to spit. Kendrick took it back to the essence. These non-rappin' a*s rappers aren't selling and their of music is starting to get played out.

How do ya'll feel about this? I can't be the only one getting tired of these weak uninspired n*ggas that's only rapping because of the glitz & glamour (n/h). Is real hip hip coming back?

Comments

• FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 whole days just to count the real money (daaaaammmnn)
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i never take it serious when jeezy says ? like im not a rapper, no need of sayin that if u gon drop something like tm 101, cuz its obvious u tried to make a dope album
  • Muhannad
    Options
    lol @SheerExcellence. Seriously though. Getting tired of using this artform like a weak hustle.
  • Muhannad
    Options
    i never take it serious when jeezy says ? like im not a rapper, no need of sayin that if u gon drop something like tm 101, cuz its obvious u tried to make a dope album
    Yeah and notice how he took offence when no'one was even talking bout him when Nas dropped that album. If he really didn't care for the genre he wouldn't even care if Nas called him out specifically.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited October 2013
    Options
    but the thing about that interview tho, u gotta take what big kuntry king say with a grain of salt, tip, bob, and dro got bars wit the pen and maybe freestyling, doe b ehh ion know, shad ehh ion know, but big kuntry king cant rap in any possible situation and he's the one who talm bout we aint come up battling, lol u notice tip hurried up and said, "we can rap too tho!"
  • Muhannad
    Options
    Yeah but the damage was done at that point. TIP need to check these n*ggas cuz they making him look bad.
  • SiccoLoccJay
    SiccoLoccJay Members Posts: 723 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like your argument but let me start by saying majority rules. Right now Atl and the south is the mecca of rap rappers of every region go there sooner or later. Its like the melting ? for rappers and every region is influence by it so u can't jst blame south rappers. The fact of the matter is people don't really care for lyrical content that much anymore. An ? want to get paid so they give the people what they ask for can't blame rappers for that. Also Kendrick did make a blimp on the rap radar with his control type verses lately causing a few good rappers to step up there bars. but its just a drop in the bucket compared to all the other rappers who arint lyrical clogging up the radio and internet so I wouldnt expect a big change over night.......especially with lil wayne and 2Chains still around

• IResearch
    IResearch Members Posts: 287 ✭✭
    Options
    Yall need 2 things :
    Fresh air and ?
  • moedays
    moedays Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ that one interview "Sway you always trying to catch me" "Give me decent beat man, u always try to give a ? a off ass beat" Hustle gang is so trash them ? really can't rap.. If you call yourself a rapper u should atleast be able to spit a decent 16 anytime jus incase somebody puts you on the spot
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options

I'm glad lyrical like content is coming back because these ? in my city still sound like some 2005 Jeezy knock offs & that's why they still corner hustling their cds because in 2013, nobody dont wanna hear that fiction Nicky Barnes story you trying to sell.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sully wrote: »
    illedout wrote: »
    Nas' rant at 1:40 is GOAT..

ri4y09.gif

LOL..
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The thing is, I agree with T.I. on some of the ? like you gotta check with the DJ about freestyling, BUT if you go on SWAY IN THE MORNING, you gotta expect to at least spit 16 bars. That's nothing right there. Not even talking about battling, just freestyling or "freestyling" like ? did before. I miss the Hot 97 days with Flex dropping bombs on ? while they freestyle.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I feel like when rappers say F that rap ? . They're being disrespectful to the genre. I feel like no matter what you do you should try to be the best you can be. Instead these cats use hip hop to make money and don't give a flying 747 ? about it. I bet these cats don't even know the 4 elements of hip hop. That's why I don't respect these lame "I'm a hustler, not a rapper" type ? .
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They do be playin some offset ass beats up there...
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if you cant free or be able to spit on demand you should not be a rapper point blank period that ti ? was sad to see yeaah they good biz people but dem boys got no craft
  • SiccoLoccJay
    SiccoLoccJay Members Posts: 723 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if you cant free or be able to spit on demand you should not be a rapper point blank period that ti ? was sad to see yeaah they good biz people but dem boys got no craft

Thats not really fair to say cause I know some rappers who can't freestyl e for ? but can make a hit recorded easy and some rappers who can freestyle but can't make a hit song to save there life aka slaughter house so u can't jst say u shouldn't be a rapper if u can't freestyle cause people could easily say you shouldn't rap if u can't make a good song

• OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    he was sayin he not a ? dont think you gon run up on him like he some fake rapper, you ? really that square, why even listen to hip hop if you cant relate

and ? was on some anti rap head battle ? because yall was on some anti south ? , its that sample, and why you ? give a ? we aint hip hop
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IResearch wrote: »
    Yall need 2 things :
    Fresh air and ?

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    if you cant free or be able to spit on demand you should not be a rapper point blank period

so wat about nas
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jeezy actually know how to rap though
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no pay, no play, thats me
    no promo concert, no ? for free
    no freestyle session cuz i dont waste raps
    ima show ya how to put ya ? hole on the map -? C

i feel that ? tho....if there was no money in music we could wipe out about 90% of the people thats doin it....i respect the artform and all that ? but backpackin aint feeding nobody

i'll never forget when Birdman (just Baby at the time) went in the booth on the old rap city....? stepped up and said "i cant rap but i'll ? yo ? " lmfao....u cant even be mad at that....? rich as ?