Rick Ross & 2 Chainz Support Kanye West In Jimmy Kimmel Beef

Options
RickyRich
RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
Rick Ross and 2 Chainz come to the defense of Kanye West in his recent beef with Jimmy Kimmel.

Kanye West's lengthy interview with BBC Radio 1's Zane Lowe was a great look at where Kanye's currently at in his life, and where he wants to go in the future. Although many fans found the interview interesting and informative, late night show host, Jimmy Kimmel, decided it was in need of a satire. That did not go over too well with 'Ye.

Jimmy Kimmel's skit poking fun at Kanye's interview was torn apart by Yeezy, who proceeded to go in on Kimmel via Twitter, and even dropped off some memes. Since this feud between the rapper and talk show host transpired, many people have come to the defense of Kanye. At the BET Hip-Hop Awards, Rick Ross was one of the many rappers who sided with 'Ye.

While talking with MTV News, Rozay said, "I really didn’t watch all the interview. I just saw some of the Jimmy Kimmel ? . ? Jimmy Kimmel. You know we riding with the culture. So, Jimmy Kimmel he ain’t welcome here no more. You understand it? People who cross that line they not welcome no more. But as far as Kanye, I just love his passion. And I feel anybody that love what they do you gotta respect someone that is that passionate about what they do because homie a hundred mill you can just sit back and really don’t give a ? , but he actually cares about the culture. He puts that much passion into it."

2 Chainz was another rapper who defended Kanye (Tity Boi happened to receive a shout-out during the Zane Lowe interview). "You know, Kanye’s very passionate," the Hair Weave Killa said. "[For him] just letting his self go to the media like that I think he just has so much information that he wants to deliver. For me, I realize the special qualities I bring to the game although some people don’t. He’s one of the few people that do. I appreciate him greatly."

Comments

• Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A little bit of props went to Ross for this. The subtext behind the Kimmel skit is quite racist if you give it any kind of thought. He didn't understand what Kanye was saying and ridiculed it as the opinions of a little child. In other words calling Kanye boy. As well, Kanye went out of his way to enunciate his words and speak is a non aggressive tone with minimal jargon yet the black child actor in the skit delivered the lines in stereotypical rapper swagger.
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^^^

i find a lot of what jimmy kimmel does (and bill simmons too) to be a bit racist, but that's just me.
  • RickyRich
    Options
    why werent they ridiing on eminem when he was dissin black women .
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ricky.G wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that Ross used to diss em a lot along with 50cent back in the day
  • RickyRich
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    Ricky.G wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that Ross used to diss em a lot along with 50cent back in the day

he just called him a ? thats about it .
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao Rick Ross is such a ? .
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH....KIMMEL AINT DO ? ... YE NEEDS 2 CHILL OUT
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A little bit of props went to Ross for this. The subtext behind the Kimmel skit is quite racist if you give it any kind of thought. He didn't understand what Kanye was saying and ridiculed it as the opinions of a little child. In other words calling Kanye boy. As well, Kanye went out of his way to enunciate his words and speak is a non aggressive tone with minimal jargon yet the black child actor in the skit delivered the lines in stereotypical rapper swagger.

Exactly, but the IC hates Kanye so much that they will repeat whatever some white person tells them to say.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Stop with that ? ? . I bet if it was nas or someone body lyrical y'all would support. Only cuz these nigggas can't spit like that? Y'all some bias mofos and ?
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stop with that ? ? . I bet if it was nas or someone body lyrical y'all would support. Only cuz these nigggas can't spit like that? Y'all some bias mofos and ?

SMH. You realize ? is defending Kanye against JIMMY KIMMEL. This issue ain't even a big deal bruh. Kanye's interview was so ridiculous that I'm surprised some ? aint spoof it. The irony of you telling ? to stop with the ? ? in a thread about Rick Ross, 2 Chainz, and currently Kanye. It's not even about "who spits like that".
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The kimmel skit was not funny imo and was just straight wack

At the same time i didn't see anything blatantly racist but then again i only saw it once real quick. Kanye should have never even responded to Kimmel at all he got all emotional and should have gave him the same treatment he gave ray j after "I hit it first" which was to not respond and it all died away.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The funny thing is people are not used to hearing a person who is really really passionate in what they love to do, they think it is weird for someone to be so engrossed into whether its music ,fashion or movies.
  • TrueGodHS
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    The funny thing is people are not used to hearing a person who is really really passionate in what they love to do, they think it is weird for someone to be so engrossed into whether its music ,fashion or movies.

I respect Kanye's passion. I think there's a difference between being passionate and confident about your music and being delusional though. He's been teetering that delusional line for a minute now. But, your sig lets me know all I need to know here

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When jayz said boy to belafonte these guys were ready to march to dc but let a white person who knows nothing about hip hop speak and they swallow every word
  • herbalism101
    herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't believe muthfukkas are in here defending lil spoiled Kanye and backing no talent mofos like 2Chainz and Rick Ross and have the nerve to throw the word ? around. Those 2 ? are only backing Kanye because they want to have tracks with him in the future. And to those saying Kimmel is racist, get off that ? . Kimmel's given more shine to black culture than any of the other Late Night host(except for maybe Fallon) and put these idiots on before the other hosts did. I'm glad Kimmel did that ? ...? was hilarious and correctly portrayed Kanye as a lil kid.

That interview was atrocious and had nothing to do with Hip Hop or black culture. It was all about Kanye's ego. Dude has never struggled in his life. Dude has never had to worry about a thing in his life cause he comes from 2 professional parents. His whole interview was about him crying at why European fashion wont give him shine and himself....? Kanye.......
  • TrueGodHS
    Options

When jayz said boy to belafonte these guys were ready to march to dc but let a white person who knows nothing about hip hop speak and they swallow every word

Come on bruh. Nobody cares about Jimmy Kimmel here I don't think. But he's a comedian. This is what he does. Kanye's interview was being talked about, it got made fun of(skit wasn't even funny). I'm on that pro black ? all day, but come on bruh. Nobody cared when Kimmel made fun of Kanye's tweets by having that white boy singing them, because Kanye's tweets weren't being talked about in pop culture as news and ? (that skit was funny kinda though). Using Jay and Belafonte with a legitimate issue against Kimmel spoofing Kanye on a comedy late night show is crazy bruh. ? Kimmel and Kanye BTW
  • rico_ENS
    rico_ENS Members Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ayo ya really bumpin kanyes music like that i dont know no ? talkin that play that new kanye yo i think son type overrated wit the genius ? , he more of an attention ? and honestly i think son is the real ? wit his voice changin $120 white tees $500 sneakers and his leather sweat pants ? wild corny
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at ? hating on kanye's interview. Best interview in a minute from any artist.

Like it or not kanye is this generations(2000-present) Pac or raps MJ. He will be ridiculed or looked at as a weirdo/egotistical/stupid/? that doesn't know his place and thinks too much of himself. The day he dies i guarantee u people will start calling Ye the Goat and he will become a cult figure in hip hop history. Hopefully that day ain't any time soon because i enjoy what he has to say about the world and the music he makes always breaks barriers and sets trend.

Basically, it's ridiculous that hip hop fans are siding with Jimmy ? Kimmel smh
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am not siding with any one against my own people
    I let ? ? Dwade follow that path
    Kanye
    Was like a lil kid though, but he had some beautiful and forward ideas
    and he been talking like that since the beginning of his career
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kimmel legit in my book. And at the end of the day its all fun and games. Kanye was rolling with the punches
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ross and chainz both wack af imo lol
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh at grown men cosigning temper tantrums and emotionally charged delusional interviews.
  • herbalism101
    herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am not siding with any one against my own people
    I let ? ? Dwade follow that path
    Kanye
    Was like a lil kid though, but he had some beautiful and forward ideas
    and he been talking like that since the beginning of his career

Problem is Kanye dont give a ? about "your ppl"

Last time Kanye gave a ? about black ppl was during Katrina......Since then, He uses the black card as a crutch...When was the last time he looked out for the hood? Never because he's not from the hood...? Bill O'Reilly cares more about blk ppl than Kanye.

Tell me what beautiful and forward ideas Kanye has ever had that wasnt about himself....All I heard was him wining about why he cant get his Leather jogging pants on shelves....You calling out ? ? , but you siding with a ? ? .....