Who do y'all think is the best rapper/artist out of New Jersey

Options

Comments

• AmneasePiff
    AmneasePiff Members Posts: 281
    Options
    Budden's subject matter, depth, emotion definitley destroy anyone else from Jersey

? you cant name more than 3 rappers from nj

Redman
    Rah Digga
    Outlawz
    Ransom
    Chino XL

Overall Joe Buddeens is the best he has the pure emotion and depth and i'm not even a fan of Budden at all but he defo the best imo just based on emotion and content he just way more personal then others from Jersey

• AmneasePiff
    Options
    Good way of comparing people imo is looking at it objectivley can Redman do what Joe Budden does as far as emotional/deep songs that are personal? no but can Joe Budden do what Redman does? yes

• judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh..mainstream ass ? ..most consistent...most fearless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBXSIan1l8o
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Budden's subject matter, depth, emotion definitley destroy anyone else from Jersey

Redman
    Rah Digga
    Outlawz
    Ransom
    Chino XL

Overall Joe Buddeens is the best he has the pure emotion and depth and i'm not even a fan of Budden at all but he defo the best imo just based on emotion and content he just way more personal then others from Jersey

Joe Budden is one of the most overrated mc's in hip hop.. its fact his albums are trash...and still basing his ? off of Mood Music... which in itself wasn the best mixtape series of its era. Redman Albums/Catalouge ? on Budden easily..

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is that shadyteam
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    @judahxulu

Forgot about Wise Intelligent of Poor Righteous Teachers. He was one of the first New Jersey Hip Hop artists who made noise with thought provoking music.

But you know and must understand, bruh..he's under the radar because of the type of music he makes and the kids won't listen to it.
  • AmneasePiff
    edited October 2013
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

Redman
    Rah Digga
    Outlawz
    Ransom
    Chino XL

Joe Budden is one of the most overrated mc's in hip hop.. its fact his albums are trash...and still basing his ? off of Mood Music... which in itself wasn the best mixtape series of its era. Redman Albums/Catalouge ? on Budden easily..

Just because you think he is overrated doesn't mean he is you are entitled to your opinion but that's all it is an opinion but good music gets judged on things like emotion and giving the listener a personal feeling. he barley sold any records or had hits so to say he is overrated is reaching wen truth is he hasn't had any success to be overated in the first place

But what is a fact is Joe Budden's music is based on emotion and his lyrics are deep and personal this is a fact

His catalouge is weak but no 1 else from Jersey has a particularly outstanding catalouge that easily ? 's Budden's catalouge

I respect Budden and Redman and am not a fan of either but i would listen to and enjoy a Budden song over a Redman song easily
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Should've known an Eminem album is coming out
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Redman
    Rah Digga
    Outlawz
    Ransom
    Chino XL

Red peaked in 96 when he dropped my favorite album muddy waters second only to it was written. The joints with ? were Cool, but he lost a step somewhere. Now that white people rioting joint says he has it in him, but our him on stage verse for verse with budden he gonna lose in the long run
  • nujerz84
    Options
    n.mcfly wrote: »

Redman
    Rah Digga
    Outlawz
    Ransom
    Chino XL

Red peaked in 96 when he dropped my favorite album muddy waters second only to it was written. The joints with ? were Cool, but he lost a step somewhere. Now that white people rioting joint says he has it in him, but our him on stage verse for verse with budden he gonna lose in the long run

Both Blackout albums ? on all of Joey Solo albums easily... now if you want to go verse for verse ehh ok.. I put money Chino XL if you count him as a NJ mc would ? on Joey.
  • AmneasePiff
    edited October 2013
    Options
    The problem with Redman's music is he been around almost 20 years and showed no growth he never evolved from that animated/goofy content or street/thug content

Redman may not be able to craft songs with emotion that are deep and be succesful and sell this the hardest aspect of rap many have failed at it but atleast give it a fair shot and show evolution and growth at it but it's better to try something and fail rather then not try at all.

If growth isn't shown over a 20 year period then that's not a positive.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lords of The Underground were dope too.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    IMo Big Lou lyrically could give Joey the business but he has nothing really to judge but lots of dope verses.
  • AmneasePiff
    edited October 2013
    Options
    IMo Big Lou lyrically could give Joey the business but he has nothing really to judge but lots of dope verses.

There's more to Hip Hop Music then lyricsim tho there is emotion, hook crafting, beat selection, personal story telling, harmony etc

Judging just lyricsim is short sighted it's about judging the entire package and every aspect
  • nujerz84
    Options

There's more to Rap then lyricsim tho there is emotion, hook crafting, beat selection, personal story telling etc

Judging just lyricsim is short sighted it's about judging the entire package and every aspect

Quite frankly I could give a ? what u think about hiphop.. mods need to get on they JOB and ban you again.
  • AmneasePiff
    Options
    I forget Lauryn Hill is from Jersey will she definitley the best then followed by Budden

• AmneasePiff
    edited October 2013
    Options

Redman
    Rah Digga
    Outlawz
    Ransom
    Chino XL

Mood Musik was cool it's subject matter>>>>>>

haven't been impressed by anything Red done in a really long time
  • qawshun
    Options
    The funniest thing is budden is the only one active damn near. He works get the crown by default. Red touring l boogie bugged out. I mean come on who else is there
  • nujerz84
    Options
    The funniest thing is budden is the only one active damn near. He works get the crown by default. Red touring l boogie bugged out. I mean come on who else is there

How you king of a whole state... when his own city doesnt crown him or rep him? Nevermind his works outside of Mood Musik being trash and pretty much laying the weakest verses on nearly every Slaughterhouse Record.

• AmneasePiff
    Options

Also from Budden's music you atleast learn he was an alcaholic, he had a effed up life, he was depressed you learn about him as a character. With others mentioned in here not just Red but a few others you don't learn anything about them or who they are as a person from their music.

• qawshun
    Options

How you king of a whole state... when his own city doesnt crown him or rep him? Nevermind his works outside of Mood Musik being trash and pretty much laying the weakest verses on nearly every Slaughterhouse Record.

Now you're just hating if you don't like him you don't like him but that ? you posted Come on. You need to listen to those songs again. Look at the bet cypher budden Stay busing ass
  • nujerz84
    Options

Now you're just hating if you don't like him you don't like him but that ? you posted Come on. You need to listen to those songs again. Look at the bet cypher budden Stay busing ass

Crooked I Verse was slightly better, and while Royce verse wasnt better it was the one more memorable cause of the High Rihanna ? .. The Backroom Joell, and Crooked went harder then him... The Funkmaster Flex Freestyle Joell, Crook and Royce all ? on his verse (his verse wasnt wack they were just better)...I can post songs where Joey had the weakest verse on them ? but its whatever... Joey not even repped hard in Jersey City never mind all the extra ? he does that makes it hard for anyone to defend some of things he does... most would be overlooked if he dropped dope ? ... his albums are weed plates...