Canibus appreciation thread

Options

Comments

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you're not ? or homophobic, the spin on that line doesn't even come to mind. All he meant was LL doesn't have rap skills, which he clearly explained in the lines before.

Chill with all that ? ? .
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Canibus wanna battle while I'm sticking him up
  • djraycool
    djraycool Members Posts: 159 ✭✭
    Options
    Canibus is dope...Iv been a ride or die fan since beasts from the east on lost boyz...his albums always has some Gems. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8766Wavlg4
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »
    I remember when Bis 1st came out b4 his album dropped mid-90ish. DJ Self put together a mixtape called "Canibus vs DMX", Canibus freestyles on side A, DMX verses on side B (b4 their albums had dropped).

To this day, Canibus's side A of that mixtape, is better and more listenable than alot of Rappers actual album (true story).

I still got it on cassette, even though its a lil chewed.

If i find that ? on the Internet,best believe im downloading it quick-fast!.

I have that tape. I think my tape is part 2 but I'm not sure. Anyway, my tape has the N.O.R.E., DMX, Canibus Hot 97 freestyle. Unfortunately the DJ started the session midway through side A so it gets cut off when side A ends and you have to flip the tape over to side B.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you're not ? or homophobic, the spin on that line doesn't even come to mind. All he meant was LL doesn't have rap skills, which he clearly explained in the lines before.

Chill with all that ? ? .

Nah ? all that. He still said he'd eat a ? 's ass.
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I remember when Bis 1st came out b4 his album dropped mid-90ish. DJ Self put together a mixtape called "Canibus vs DMX", Canibus freestyles on side A, DMX verses on side B (b4 their albums had dropped).

To this day, Canibus's side A of that mixtape, is better and more listenable than alot of Rappers actual album (true story).

I have that tape. I think my tape is part 2 but I'm not sure. Anyway, my tape has the N.O.R.E., DMX, Canibus Hot 97 freestyle. Unfortunately the DJ started the session midway through side A so it gets cut off when side A ends and you have to flip the tape over to side B.

i dont think its the same mixtape.

Funny thing is, everybody i know who got the mixtape im talking bout, their tape either popped or it got chewed up......must of been pressed up on a bunch of defective cassettes.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Funny thing is, everybody i know who got the mixtape im talking bout, their tape either popped or it got chewed up......must of been pressed up on a bunch of defective cassettes.

http://www.mixtapetorrent.com/dj-self-canibus-vs-dmx
  • lethal5
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »

http://www.mixtapetorrent.com/dj-self-canibus-vs-dmx

PROPS!
  • lethal5
    Options
    Has canibus ever been out-shined on a track? That aint no easy feat considering he's rhymed on tracks with Common, The Firm, Kurupt red & ? etc.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He killed that corny white dude... He lost for breaking out the pad...
  • lethal5
    Options
    As good as Canibus was, i wonder why a bunch of dope producers didnt flock to work with him.
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"I guess you can't write an infinite rhyme with a finite mind/ that's why rhymes like mine mystify man kind"

Honestly that whole freestyle might have been the best radio freestyle I've ever heard. Regarding Canibus, he really started to loose steam after Rip the Jacker which is easily his best work. I think Rip the Jacker is the perfect use of his scientific style. Not too over the top. Not to mention the amazing production from Stoupe. Canibus got too involved in that NWO conspiracy theory non-sense and let it take over his music

Poet Laureate 2 is a criminally underrated song btw.

Here are some of his:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBx4su83BdA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QR2XvWjlEE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PrnxApprvs

Canibus at moments is easily the greatest lyricist that ever lived.
  • Empress_
    Empress_ Members Posts: 246 ✭✭
    Options
    Ayo, can you feel it?
    I know that everybody's heard of that (The Vapors)
    But this is the ninety-eight version of that
    BizMark, one of the founders of this art
    Discovered evidence, of the disease, and documented it
    Now the name of the virus is called "Hype-nitis"
    A terminal condition that effects all biters and liars
    Hype-no-holics can't require my respect
    Cause they snakes and I can smell the venom on they breath
    Hype-nitis

Have it on my laptop but can't find it on YouTube, if someone else can go ahead and post it. Thanks in advance.
  • Kalecrunch
    Kalecrunch Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Funkmaster Flex Vol 3 Canibus freestyle over Raekwon Ice Cream beat Mike Tyson on intro
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N_RQyuzw44&feature=youtube_gdata_player

[/quote] Then eat away at your interiora, I'm superior While you only pretend to be, I can double my density from three-sixty degrees to seven-twenty instantly Six, multiplied by five by four by three by two then one, go head and calculate the sum The time has cometh, I was summoned to punish ? with mouths to runneth over with rubbish
  • cobbland
    Options
    Has canibus ever been out-shined on a track? That aint no easy feat considering he's rhymed on tracks with Common, The Firm, Kurupt red & ? etc.

Depending on whom you ask, yes or no.

To me, Pun had the better verse on "Enemy of the State" from 1999.

Look at a sample of who he's collaborated with:

AZ
    Big Pun
    Busta Rhymes
    Buckshot
    Cam'ron
    Charlie Baltimore
    Chino XL
    Common
    Crooked I
    DMX
    Foxy Brown
    8-Ball
    Elzhi
    Journalist
    LL Cool J
    Lost Boyz
    Keith Murray
    Killah Priest
    Kool G Rap
    K-Rino
    KRS-One
    Kurupt
    Method Man
    Mos Def
    Nas
    Nature
    Noreaga
    Pharoahe Monch
    Planet Asia
    Rakim
    Ras Kass
    Redman
    Royce da 5'9"
    Sadat X
    Sean Price
    Slick Rick
    Styles P
    Tech N9ne
    Vinnie Paz

and many more.

http://lyrics.wikia.com/Canibus

He's arguably the greatest lyricist in hip-hop history.
  • cobbland
    Options
    Empress_ wrote: »
    Ayo, can you feel it?
    Hype-nitis

Have it on my laptop but can't find it on YouTube, if someone else can go ahead and post it. Thanks in advance.

The song's been removed from youtube, but the entire album is still there.
  • 216atlran
    216atlran Members Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BIS would've ate eminem
  • Empress_
    Empress_ Members Posts: 246 ✭✭
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »
    Empress_ wrote: »
    Ayo, can you feel it?
    Hype-nitis

The song's been removed from youtube, but the entire album is still there.

Thank you!

Completely forgot about this song, been a minute.....

http://youtu.be/ttSWnDoLvmk
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I lost all interest after Rip The Jacker. Actually it was his greatest album. but there is something tireing and annoying when you're overloaded with his material.
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Canibus brings the sickest drama/Fierce enough to pierce the thickest armor...
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kalecrunch wrote: »
    Funkmaster Flex Vol 3 Canibus freestyle over Raekwon Ice Cream beat Mike Tyson on intro
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N_RQyuzw44&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    Then eat away at your interiora, I'm superior While you only pretend to be, I can double my density from three-sixty degrees to seven-twenty instantly Six, multiplied by five by four by three by two then one, go head and calculate the sum The time has cometh, I was summoned to punish ? with mouths to runneth over with rubbish

Clearly Canibus has no idea how density is measured.

Divide the mass of the object in grams by the volume in milliliters to determine the density of the object

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_5794661_measure-density.html#ixzz2h3TnzeXu
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

El and Royce got him on this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKYXpWySt0E

• AmneasePiff
    AmneasePiff Members Posts: 281
    Options
    He can spit but he can't craft songs
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • AmneasePiff
    AmneasePiff Members Posts: 281
    Options
    I'll respect his longevity tho but if there is 1 rapper i would never listen to it is him it might sound like an old clishe but this something i hear most people say he too boring