Nipsey Hussle selling first 1,000 hard copies of Crenshaw tape for $100.00 each

Options

Comments

• SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thing is Prince has already done this. He gave tickets with his album purchase.

And nippy can do what Prince can do
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    If Nipsey is successful, the rest of hip hop will dickride this concept for sure until it either seperates the artist with elite fanbases or the whole concept becomes a past flava of the month situation that will be laughed about in a few months.... we'll see.

Supply n demand ... Intelligent.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    If Nipsey is successful, the rest of hip hop will dickride this concept for sure until it either seperates the artist with elite fanbases or the whole concept becomes a past flava of the month situation that will be laughed about in a few months.... we'll see.

you beat me to it... this is genius in terms of microeconomics.. im taking note
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    most ? that say they wouldnt pay 100 wouldnt even pay 10.... for like they favorite rappers ? .
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CC_Poncho wrote: »
    I wouldn't buy my momma's album for $100

But your Momma bought you them Jordans you wanted for Prom... You a terrible son. smh

Who the ? wears Jordans to prom?
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't buy my momma's album for $100

But your Momma bought you them Jordans you wanted for Prom... You a terrible son. smh

Who the ? wears Jordans to prom?

jordan-prom-dress.jpg

• lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »

Was thinkin that too this could change the game
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @NipseyHussle: Lol we doin #'s online @PayPal jus called askin some suspicious ass questions.Lol all 100 dollar transactions! I told them y'all #Proud2pay
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mdot wrote: »
    That's too much money for a damn album. You can find another artist like him for 1/10th the price to spend your money on.

If he sold this like an experience maybe. If he like broke it up and brought the people in who bought his album to a studio session or something.

people dont spent alot more on alot less ... think about the stacks dudes been dropping on gym shoes lately lol ...

hey it is what it is ... and imo people natural buy ish if it has a HIGH price taag .... and if they cant buy it they will result to criminal activity just to get it ... nipsey might of fell into something ... i garantee if he actually moves a good amount of units others will follow .....
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he doing more #s than kim lol jk lol .... but for real tho waiting on lil kim to throw a shot @ nipsey lol jk lol
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thing is Prince has already done this. He gave tickets with his album purchase.

Record companies actually pay Prince for rights to distribute his music ..

After his fallout with Warner Bros. And his stage name change to TAFKAP (The Artiste ..) In the 90's, dude revolutionised the game

I got an album of his for free in 2010 when I bought a newspaper here in the UK. Apparently the newspaper paid him millions to distribute his ? ..
  • can'tyoutell
    can'tyoutell Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you guys favorite artist dropped an album and it got great reviews all around the board, i'm talking classic status, how much would you pay?
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you guys favorite artist dropped an album and it got great reviews all around the board, i'm talking classic status, how much would you pay?

15 dollars at best.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He obviously did his research to know that it would be profitable.
    I don't think he would willingly set himself up for failure like that.
    But props to the ? . I ? with his music.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I hope something else comes w/ the album. No way in hell I'm paying $100 for just an album...I don't care if Jesus was rappin on that joint. Plus that ? better be a certified classic beyond a reasonable doubt. Nothing wrong w/ changing the game, but you have to assess how your actions will affect the consumers as well. Cheap ass muffugguhs out here barely wanna pay $13 for a cd from their favorite artist...so what makes you think they wanna drop a bill?
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    People domt realize there are thousands of people who will brag that they had a hundred dollars to waste calling everybody else broke.

Nipseys basically trying to cake off of ? up mentalities/ignorance which is intelligent.
  • AmneasePiff
    AmneasePiff Members Posts: 281
    Options
    K Dot
    Nipsey
    Jay Rock
    Spider Loc
    Cashis

Top 5 currently from the West

• Infamous.H_G_C
    Infamous.H_G_C Members Posts: 263 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lookdude wrote: »
    I wonder if he will sell even one.

He's selling it on his website and people are buying it

http://iamproud2pay.com/
    BV2lOysCIAANu6U.jpg

Loyal fans/stans gonna pay bruh

? buy recycled Jordan for $100 plus. Pyrex selling screen printed Champion hoodies (they don't even bother to take the Champion logo off of) for $250 plus, and they are SOLD OUT!!

He's under rated and he's a superstar with no major label exposure or support! Yes, I'd cop his mixtape for $100 because I believe in his brand and I can afford it!

Broke ? need not apply, keep downloading Slaughterhouse's latest weed plate for free!!!!

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ion even listen to dude, but i respect it, it took nuts to try this, and he prolly gon make at least a direct 50k off mixtapes, i just hope the ones who pay 100 aint disappointed in the music
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Respect it man

As crazy as it is, I see it as something needed

Artists are giving away good product and it should be respected .
    I hope he make it wit that