The most dangerous states in America (according to USA Today)

Options
13»

Comments

• reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Damn my city state is at #4? ?
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yep, if it's a bad statistic then South Carolina is in the to 5.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doubletee wrote: »
    TEXAS>>>>>>

Houston is as dangerous a city as anywhere I've been, but Texas stays off the list because its so big population wise and the crime rate isn't that high for as many people it has I guess.
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Need to do a recount Tennessee not that bad....Memphis is so, so. But it got to be some other states beside Tennessee we don't need that no1 spot
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's funny is Louisiana being on the list when Louisiana is most rural backwoods outside of New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Shreveport, and Lafayette and the latter 3 or real small cities.

You go to other parts of the state its nothing but woods, oil fields, and farms.

more crime occurs outside cities
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    TEXAS>>>>>>

Houston is as dangerous a city as anywhere I've been, but Texas stays off the list because its so big population wise and the crime rate isn't that high for as many people it has I guess.

It said state tho...Texas is the largest state,but houston didnt even make the top 10 in dangerous citites i dont believe.
  • Crude_
    Options
    TEXAS>>>>>>

It said state tho...Texas is the largest state,but houston didnt even make the top 10 in dangerous citites i dont believe.

Again didn't make the list because its a big ass state.

Houston did make the top most dangerous city because its a big ass city.

if Houston keeps annexing the towns around it it will pass Chicago in the next couple of decades population wise.

I've been to the Southside of Houston and parts of the North as well (Acres Homes) and its as rough as any inner city areas I've been in and I've been in some supposedly rough places around America.
  • Crude_
    Options
    What's funny is Louisiana being on the list when Louisiana is most rural backwoods outside of New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Shreveport, and Lafayette and the latter 3 or real small cities.

You go to other parts of the state its nothing but woods, oil fields, and farms.

I live in a more rural area and there not ? going on.

My hometown parish had the first murder its had in a couple of years a few months back.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

My hometown parish had the first murder its had in a couple of years a few months back.

well this list counts property and sexual violence as well as violent crime and many of the most dangerous municipalities are small suburbs of larger cities (East St. Louis, Camden, etc). the fact that there are more people living in "suburban" areas means there will be more crime (for the most part). the reason you don't see states like Illinois, Michigan, NJ, is outside the cities are nice as ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yep, if it's a bad statistic then South Carolina is in the to 5.

Sad but true. I already knew my home state was the most racist historically and among the most poorly educated. Now it's turning into a violent ? hole. It's the ? trying to ignite all the gang ? . You got fools in Columbia killing random people as gang initiations. There has got to be a limit to just how stupid you're going to be.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    TEXAS>>>>>>

Again didn't make the list because its a big ass state.

Houston did make the top most dangerous city because its a big ass city.

if Houston keeps annexing the towns around it it will pass Chicago in the next couple of decades population wise.

I've been to the Southside of Houston and parts of the North as well (Acres Homes) and its as rough as any inner city areas I've been in and I've been in some supposedly rough places around America.

No ? sherlock.Long as i been out here i havent witnessed any serious crimes...maybe a couple ? and females gettin they ass whooped...but almost erryday i turn on the news i see robberies,murders,home invasions being reported...never said it wasnt dangerous here just going off the rankings on the list and i didnt see my state on it.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like TN is taking an L.

SaistakestheL.gif
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Elrawd wrote: »
    I would have thought DC would be in the top ten

the american education system everyone
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]https://scontent-b-mia.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1395452_10151995119550499_1560540910_n.jpg[/img]
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options

I'm not American, thankfully. DC was murder capital for so long it just made sense for them to be one of the leading states in terms of violent crime
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

I'm not American, thankfully. DC was murder capital for so long it just made sense for them to be one of the leading states in terms of violent crime

dc is not a state b
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Illinois has bad cities to, east st louis, peoria was on a most dangerous city list, rockford, some of the burbs around chicago bad like harvey, dolton ford heights etc
  • Rollin_Thunda
    Rollin_Thunda Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Options

Can't forget about Lake Charles and Alexandria but I willing to bet Monroe had its hand helping to that #7 ranking and its way smaller than Shreveport and Lafayette.

Yeah outside our few "major" cities its hella country. Nothing but sweet potato fields round my way, hell we just got a Mickey D's not even a year ago.