The Official 2013-2014 Football (Soccer) Thread.

Options

Comments

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    All this because of Januzaj and he hasn't even expressed any desire to play for England ........ people really think he's going to wait 4 and half years to choose a National team? SMFH.

His decisions are between Belgium, Albania and Kosovo, his and his families' birthplaces.

Would be best for him to play for England because they're pretty much about to go through a rebuilding phase.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Figo wrote: »
    Thing is Mo Farrah is basically English, he's 30 years old and moved to England when he was 7 or 8, all his schooling, childhood, teenage and adult life has been in England... Januzaj has spent 3 years in England!!! Jack should of worded it better, the press just want to moan about something...

Sterling should represent which country in your assessment?? Jamaica or England??

either, but since he represented england from u16's to senior level england...
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thing is Mo Farrah is basically English, he's 30 years old and moved to England when he was 7 or 8, all his schooling, childhood, teenage and adult life has been in England... Januzaj has spent 3 years in England!!! Jack should of worded it better, the press just want to moan about something...

Sterling should represent which country in your assessment?? Jamaica or England??

Sterling's case is different. Januzaj can BECOME an English citizen eventually, because of him moving to England for work (football related). Sterling came to England at a young age and grew up there and gained citizenship naturally. Biggest thing is, Januzaj isn't even close to becoming a citizen.

either, but since he represented england from u16's to senior level england...

Alyuh right.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    icks86 wrote: »
    All this because of Januzaj and he hasn't even expressed any desire to play for England ........ people really think he's going to wait 4 and half years to choose a National team? SMFH.

His decisions are between Belgium, Albania and Kosovo, his and his families' birthplaces.

Would be best for him to play for England because they're pretty much about to go through a rebuilding phase.

It would take another 4 and half years for him to become an English citizen.
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    International breaks are GOAT. Only thing better are international competitions.

Let's get it. (Go ahead and nosign)
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? , Every ? International break, its the same whining from u guys. This ? has been going on forever, get used to it. Use the break to do something else. Read a book, do some painting, have sex, discuss philosophy.......

Me, Pre Season Basketball, GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!
  • toheeb27
    Options
    International breaks are GOAT. Only thing better are international competitions.

Let's get it. (Go ahead and nosign)

I like the international break too. U can always find some quality games to watch.

UNFOTUNATELY, the schedule this break looks very weak. Probably watch the Belgium vs. Croatia game.....
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    ? , Every ? International break, its the same whining from u guys. This ? has been going on forever, get used to it. Use the break to do something else. Read a book, do some painting, have sex, discuss philosophy.......

All that stuff can be done without a break. The games aren't the problem. It's the fact that it cuts into the campaign. A disruption. One break is cool but three is simply nonsense. Spread that ? out over the summer or at the end of the league campaigns. Club football is top priority. To lose a player in a qualifier or some stupid friendly during the season? Really? Smdh

And what you know about philosophy? Serious question.
  • toheeb27
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »

Plato is my Homeboy.....
  • toheeb27
    edited October 2013
    Options

All that stuff can be done without a break. The games aren't the problem. It's the fact that it cuts into the campaign. A disruption. One break is cool but three is simply nonsense. Spread that ? out over the summer or at the end of the league campaigns. Club football is top priority. To lose a player in a qualifier or some stupid friendly during the season? Really? Smdh

I truly understand your argument. But u guys do some version of this complaining every break. It becomes repetitive. Would rather read @Young_Chitlin tell me who FK Rubin Kazan and Maritimo are "interested in" this week.

PS, u can't click on the spam reaction on my post and then respond to it (or do u respond to spam in real life). Click on TROLL, that was my true intention anyway.
  • northside7
    Options

Would rather read @Young_Chitlin tell me who FK Rubin Kazan and Maritimo are "interested in" this week.

That ? ? Nah lol
  • northside7
    Options

Plato is my Homeboy.....
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

A hero is born among a hundred, a wise man is found among a thousand, but an accomplished one might not be found even among a hundred thousand men.

A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers.

Democracy... is a charming form of government, full of variety and disorder; and dispensing a sort of equality to equals and unequals alike.

There will be no end to the troubles of states, or of humanity itself, till philosophers become kings in this world, or till those we now call kings and rulers really and truly become philosophers, and political power and philosophy thus come into the same hands.

A few quotes that you should be familiar with from your studies at the university of Houston.
  • afro thunder
    Options
    Lukaku can't stop scoring.

I'll quote this post everytime Lukaku scores. One quote per match. Let's see how long it'll get.
  • afro thunder
    Options
    Lukaku celebrating like Drogba.
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dude is a monster... Scary physical attributes
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Arsenal is being linked with a move for juventus striker Fernando Llorente
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gooner wrote: »

Not only that, but he can definitely play. Perfect man for the sole striker role.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Galatasaray have invited Chelsea to bid for striker Burak Yilmaz
  • Gooner
    Options

Not only that, but he can definitely play. Perfect man for the sole striker role.

oh no doubt...potential is through the roof if handled right...
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Actually get to sleep after partying hard on a Friday and Saturday night
  • Gooner
    edited October 2013
    Options
    very attacking lineup frm england...Welbeck, Sturridge and Rooney all start...midfield of Stevie G and lampard...no Wilshere
    Hart; Walker, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines; Gerrard, Lampard; Townsend, Rooney, Welbeck; Sturridge

Carrick should be starting...so one of sturridge or welbeck wide? wonder how they line up...
  • Gooner
    Options
    damn Carrick, Pirlo and Xabi Alonso are all free agents this summer
  • davidbrooks
    davidbrooks Members Posts: 584 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This Germany vs Ireland game reminds me of one of the complaints against the World Cup from casual fans. Lesser teams are content to sit back and play for the point. Makes for some very boring games. Usually will also bring about incredible goals
  • Gooner
    Options
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    very attacking lineup frm england...Welbeck, Sturridge and Rooney all start...midfield of Stevie G and lampard...no Wilshere
    Hart; Walker, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines; Gerrard, Lampard; Townsend, Rooney, Welbeck; Sturridge

Carrick should be starting...so one of sturridge or welbeck wide? wonder how they line up...

Roy must have beef with Carrick, he never gets picked, he should be one of the first names on the team sheet, he would feed Rooney and Sturridge blinding passes... Thats what they are needing now, they cant get through the defence, just reduced to long range shoots...