The I Watched Recently Thread *possible spoilers*

Options

Comments

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxRVhgbVN9o

title is self explanatory. it goes through the steps of selling different drugs (weed & ? mainly) from how to get your own, smuggling, territories, war on drugs, lawyering up etc.
    give it a B
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parks & Recreation Season 5. Great stuff.

Beneath Hill 60. Thought it was great. Real tense. WWI movie in the trenches and tunnels.

Blow Dry. Okay romance movie. Thought it was gonna be a comedy but it was just hairdressers being flamboyant. Wasn't helping that they started everything off trying to make you feel bad for a pretty ? character being sick.

He's Mine, Not Yours. Couldn't get into it. Story was just dumb to me.

Season 3 of Black Lagoon on deck. Dead Like Me too if I didn't toss it by accident.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    lone_ranger_johnny_depp_armie_hammer.jpg

(GRADE = C) Johnny Deep stars as Tonto in the retelling of the Classic TV show "The Lone Ranger". Also starring Arnie Hammer as the Lone Ranger and directed by Gore Verbinski of the Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy. The film begins with Arnie Hammer transporting the criminal Tonto when him and his brother's team of rangers are ambushed by a gang of tyrants. When a white horse brings one of them back to life. Tonto is forced to join forces with him on his journey of for revenge for the destruction of his tribe. Now I didn't grow up on the TV show it was before my time. But I'm aware of it. I thought the movie wasn't as bad as critics said but it wasn't that great either. The action was cool and it was a true western for sure. Johnny was good in this role. But the film did have flaws, it kinda dragged in the 2nd act. The ? also could of been better. Overall it's a good rental but I'm not surprised it flopped at the box office.

exclusive-2-guns-poster-137547-a-1371721448-470-75.jpg

(GRADE = C) Denzel is back but this time he teams up with Mark Walhberg in this buddy action film "2 Guns". When 2 Undercover Agents in different branches of the government are double crossed, they are forced to work together to find out who did it which leads to a huge conspiracy and a lot of money. This drama finds them being followed by the Military, CIA and Drug Cartels in Mexico. "2 Guns" is a typical generic buddy action film. Definitely not one of Denzel's best but still had it's moments. Marky Mark plays his typical role of a tough guy. Denzel still carries the movie. Paula Patton is sexy as ever in her role. Bill Paxon plays a ruthless CIA agent. Edward James Olmos does a good job as a Cartel Boss. Overall it was entertaining but nothing great. It did have it's funny moments though.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    Damn after earth coming to dvd this Tuesday u know a movie is bad when they rush it to dvd to try and recoup some of they investment

didn't the movie come out in June? I wouldn't call four months rushing

the last transformers made 1 billion and it was out on DVD 3 months after it's theatrical release
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thought it came in july ...*shrug* I could be wrong
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Prisoners - think the reviews gassed it up for me,thought it was drawn out and predictable.maybe i watch too many movies but this did nothing for me.
    halfway through it was obvious the aunt was behind it,you don't cast an actress like Melissa Leo and give her a bit part for the first half of a film.plus Dano's reluctance to talk at all made it clear who the only person was he was willing to protect,nice try with the 'his IQ is ? ' misdirect

Terrence Howard did nothing in this movie with his ? ass voice.the whole '? up smalltown in America' aesthetic has been done better before.

The Lone Ranger - didn't think it was terrible,just bloated and unimaginative.i was under the impression this was a kids film.never seen a kids film where a character cuts out a heart and eats it,? had it's grimey moments.maybe thats why Tarantino cited it as one of his favorite films of the year.

Depp was straight as Tonto.

V/H/S/ 2 - strays from the originals format (clips are on video rather than being filmed on them) so it's a lot more polished.segments vary in quality (the alien one is ? ) the best being 'safe haven' which is by the director of 'the raid' and follows a camera crew who go undercover into an Indonesian cult...some crazy ? in that one made it worth the watch.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    Copped batman under the red hood
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    now+you+see+me.jpg

(GRADE = B+) "Now You See Me" is the Crime Caper Thriller Staring an all star cast that includes Morgan Freeman, Woody Harrleson, Mark Ruffulo, Jess Eisenberg and Michael Cain. The film was directed by Louis Letterrier of "The Transporter" series. The film follows four gifted magician/illusionist as they are brought together by a random set of cards. These cards leads them to become a team and make money doing a show in Vegas. Once a Bank in France gets robbed it leads to a full on investigation to try and stop them from doing it again. From New Orleans to New York they are tracked. I was very impressed with this movie. The cast was very on point. It has so many twist and turns you really didn't know what was going to happen next. The Ending was completely unexpected. The way the film and team was set up I fell this could actually be a very cool trilogy. There are rumors that a sequel is in the works. Overall very entertaining film.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ a B+ for "Now You See Me". WTF. ? that ? was horrible imo. I'd give it a D+
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last Stand ..

Crime action caper starring Schwarzenegger .. I believe its been already been reviewed by the T/S on here

Good villain. Fast (American) cars. Gun violence in abundance. Cliche script and Arnold is too ? old for action roles .. IMO

Its OK
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Recently watched:

Parker - D+
    World War Z - C+
    Killer Joe - B-
    Oblivion - C+
    Iron Man 3 - D+
    Mud - A
    Smashed - B+
    This is The End - A-
    Traffic (again) - A
    Twixt - D-
    The Iceman - B-
    The Great Gatsby - C+

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    Been meanin to check out mud...
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    now+you+see+me.jpg

(GRADE = B+) "Now You See Me" is the Crime Caper Thriller Staring an all star cast that includes Morgan Freeman, Woody Harrleson, Mark Ruffulo, Jess Eisenberg and Michael Cain. The film was directed by Louis Letterrier of "The Transporter" series. The film follows four gifted magician/illusionist as they are brought together by a random set of cards. These cards leads them to become a team and make money doing a show in Vegas. Once a Bank in France gets robbed it leads to a full on investigation to try and stop them from doing it again. From New Orleans to New York they are tracked. I was very impressed with this movie. The cast was very on point. It has so many twist and turns you really didn't know what was going to happen next. The Ending was completely unexpected. The way the film and team was set up I fell this could actually be a very cool trilogy. There are rumors that a sequel is in the works. Overall very entertaining film.

This was a good movie did you watch the lil clip after the movie was over?
  • rapmastermind
    edited October 2013
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    ^ a B+ for "Now You See Me". WTF. ? that ? was horrible imo. I'd give it a D+

D+? That's harsh. I could see maybe a C+ at the lowest cause I could understand if people didn't like the twist ending but I liked it. I had been hearing about the film all summer. It was actually a huge box office hit also. After watching it I could see why. The characters and acting really drove the movie.
    now+you+see+me.jpg

This was a good movie did you watch the lil clip after the movie was over?

Yes, here what I feel about a sequel:
    Now that all 4 have been accepted in this underground Magician group. They will now go on more missions to right certain wrongs being done. I think the sequel should have Morgan Freeman getting out of jail and coming back for revenge. It should also have even more tricks and the stakes should be higher.

• rapmastermind
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    Recently watched:

Parker - D+
    World War Z - C+
    Killer Joe - B-
    Oblivion - C+
    Iron Man 3 - D+
    Mud - A
    Smashed - B+
    This is The End - A-
    Traffic (again) - A
    Twixt - D-
    The Iceman - B-
    The Great Gatsby - C+

Now this is a Film Orgy People. Several films over a limited period of time. Cool list.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    Watched

The conjuring liked it a lot

After earth not as bad as ppl made it out to be...maybe I took it for what it was those accents annoyed me tho

Now bout to watch poltergeist
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    Watched A Place Beyond the Pines

Awesome movie ....felt like it was almost like 2 in 1

Gossling is sexy and excellent. Cooper plays a bad guy that you like

The twist at the end with their kids is great.

Highly recommend this movie
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Warrior was good
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    Don't laugh yall but I watched
    The ewok adventures battle for endor and carvan of courage
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    Watched A Place Beyond the Pines

Awesome movie ....felt like it was almost like 2 in 1

Gossling is sexy and excellent. Cooper plays a bad guy that you like

The twist at the end with their kids is great.

Highly recommend this movie

I didnt really see cooper as the bad guy
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched Baggage Claim ....I was like ? outta here
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Devil's Advocate.

While I have watched bits and pieces of this movie on tv, I have never seen the full uncensored version. People often speak of Pacino's speech at the end of the movie but the one in middle where that fat white dude was running set the rest of film. Apart from it strangely predicting the future, it is one of those monologs that get you hyped up and make you sit up in your seat.

Of course Pacino's phenomenal speech at the end tied everything together in just a fantastic explosion of thought. This was one of his GOAT roles and my second favorite of his after his work in The Godfather. He in my opinion was one of the best people to play the devil in a movie like this.

Was an A++ I think, I love movies like this from Fallen to End of Days, I wish they do more movies like this.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    Yea end of days is on of my favorites never seen devils advocate but ill check it out now
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Europa report - minimalistic sci-fi film,you'll recognise most of the cast if you know your ? (shartlo Copley is amongst them.) follows a crew making their way to a moon of Jupiter to collect data because scientists have discovered water there.slow burning but effective,real throwback to the sci-fi films of old.found it quite enjoyable.

The internship - seeing the leads back together keeps you watching but this film is like 5 years too late.no real laugh loud moments and massively predictable.theres a quidditch game in the middle of the film,now im not sure if this is how Google processes its interns in reality but Vince Vaughn sums it up when he questions what the ? this has to do with computing.

One night in mongkok - title makes it sound like something it isnt.Chinese flick where over the course of a night a detective squad are trying to locate an assasin before a gang war breaks out.a morality lesson on violence and how the decisons these characters make come round full circle in the end.not as serious as it sounds but I ? with this flick.

The way way back - have to say this are usually the kind of films I like so its probably one of the most enjoyable films I've seen this year.co written by the dean from 'community' (he also stars in it) set over the summer in a waterpark run by Sam Rockwell (great in this) its a charming coming of age story.kind of film that puts a a smile on your face if your having a ? day.either that or you go outside and choke a ? .
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah Devil's Advocate just showed why no one plays crazy ass erratic characters better than Pacino ..

Another highlight was a full frontal from the two bishes in the flick ..