Nipsey Hussle Interview with Complex

Options
2»

Comments

• Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dam the IC is somthing else.....up that $100 cd thread and everybody was going in on him chargin $100. but now a dope interview drops and now he the man...some of yall i swear
  • bossflossy
    bossflossy Members Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    but kanye is an interloper in the fashion game. he's exploiting it. oh i'm famous for something else so let me jump in there and go to the front of the line based on my fame/notoriety in another industry. so kanye's gripe aint legit like this. nip is a guy that is hip-hop and is speaking on problems in this game. nipsey is speaking on real life and exploitation of something he's really put his whole life and soul into. kanye is mad that he cant go over there and ? a quick buck, just like we mad when someone comes and tries to ? off this. an actor trying to rap or an athlete trying
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dam the IC is somthing else.....up that $100 cd thread and everybody was going in on him chargin $100. but now a dope interview drops and now he the man...some of yall i swear

like who lol ?? point em out !!
  • antarticp
    Options
    bossflossy wrote: »
    but kanye is an interloper in the fashion game. he's exploiting it. oh i'm famous for something else so let me jump in there and go to the front of the line based on my fame/notoriety in another industry. so kanye's gripe aint legit like this. nip is a guy that is hip-hop and is speaking on problems in this game. nipsey is speaking on real life and exploitation of something he's really put his whole life and soul into. kanye is mad that he cant go over there and ? a quick buck, just like we mad when someone comes and tries to ? off this. an actor trying to rap or an athlete trying

kanye actually didnt use his celebrity ... he interned for mad years and work @ the bottom of the industry to learn it ... plus with the success of the yeezy + the success of his albums .... i mean the resume is right mane !! he def tried to do it the right way the humble way ... just like he did when he FIRST came into music then folks forced him to be arrogant about it cause he KNEW he was better than what people were making him out to be ....
  • antarticp
    edited October 2013
    Options

sn its the same ish your just not aware because the hip hop community is not that deep into the fashion "business" .... camron was just one the breakfast club radio show saying he was thinking the same ish back when jay and dame did rocaware ... he felt 6% was disrespectfull as someone who created the brand ... but he did say he later on found out thats an industry standard ... but so is 360 deals in 2013 ... which is why i SAY ITS THE SAME ISH ... most of us are just way in the dark when it comes the business of fashion ... kanye is so far ahead of the game on this .... its like nipsey trying to do what he is doing today in the 90s ............
  • antarticp
    Options
    antarticp wrote: »

sn its the same ish your just not aware because the hip hop community is not that deep into the fashion "business" .... camron was just one the breakfast club radio show saying he was thinking the same ish back when jay and dame did rocaware ... he felt 6% was disrespectfull as someone who created the brand ... but he did say he later on found out thats an industry standard ... but so is 360 deals in 2013 ... which is why i SAY ITS THE SAME ISH ... most of us are just way in the dark when it comes the business of fashion ... kanye is so far ahead of the game on this .... its like nipsey trying to do what he is doing today in the 90s ............

imo kanye realized what he sacrificed when it came to music business and he doesnt want to do the same when entering into fashion ......... just like nipsey he wants to make sure he comes out on top ... partner ? NO CHECKS !!!!!! ASSETS !!!!!!! in my nipsey hustle voice

• joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I vouched for Nip on my post... Y'all ? the 1s that's late, ketchup
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? made me feel proud as ? .
    Respect to Hussle. He standing behind his product like a man and saying ? the system.
    he kept it 100 about everything. real ? ? all in that interview.
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ....................Naybahood!
  • IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    can i get a recap? i aint redin all dat sheeit
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "They said, “Just be happy with the hood and happy with the fame of it and how it’s gonna make it look. It’s gonna be big. You’re gonna be the biggest ? out of the West,” and all this other ? . Sell that to a ? , my ? . I’m a man."

Real ?
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That’s where I get offended because let’s restart this whole situation. The metrics and the gauge of success, and of impact on the culture. It don’t got ? to do with Billboard, it don’t got ? to do with SoundScan. It don’t got ? to do with any of these platforms that the business created. This ? is a culture"

Amen
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Truth be told I ain't buying a $100 album but it's about ownership, as much as Birdman sounds like he has Down syndrome I always respect the business model Cash Money Records stood for (not the not paying their artist part). I always respected how Dame rode, pause, for his label.
  • double jay
    double jay Members Posts: 70 ✭✭
    Options
    "They said, “Just be happy with the hood and happy with the fame of it and how it’s gonna make it look. It’s gonna be big. You’re gonna be the biggest ? out of the West,” and all this other ? . Sell that to a ? , my ? . I’m a man."
    Real ?

I agree. He made a great a point the iphones etc. ? will pay 50/60 for Madden and not blink. They'd probably even pay 100 for a Jay album, but when a "new" ? say give me a 100, its a problem. I salute this dude.

• SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Yall do know that hes also pointing at fans & people around him too right? That hood ? sound like something a ? from his hood would say, who might had a hand in his pocket or looked as Nipsey as a come up for him..hint hint.

I tried to tell yall everyday but fans feel like they never have to hold any accountability at all. The underachiever ? is exactly one of those things i talked about. That dumb brainwashed ? without some of you realizing it. Cuz he left a major, alot of people jumped off Nipsey..i thought you 'pose to like an artist based on his/her art?

The problem is now every fan feel like theyre an A&R or they work in the industry. Acting like they know who got what money & ? . So you put faith into artist as a bet, same way the industry do. Like "i think he might blow up so let me like him, if he doesnt blow up as i expect him to be..next artists plz!..but let me just use other terms to justify why i stopped ? with him, ie. he feel off, he sound the same, he sound too different, he doesnt sound hungry etc etc.". Music is music. As long as the music good its good.

? complain about street tapes vs album - ? , whats the difference? If they all have original music & u can get your hands on it then whats the difference? Oh, but cuz you figure a mixtape wont be played on TV & radio yall jump ship?

Its all psychological ? . People fail to realize ? like this.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Fuxk you ? I wanted to make this thread
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow!! Big up!!! That was pure dope. I will buying this brothers stuff just off of the strength he is saying what needs to be said.