The BET Hip-Hop Awards Thread

Options

Comments

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Buddens prolly had the best verse..I'm extremely disappointed in the cyphers this yr...btw how the hell them TDE ? could not ride that Shook Ones Pt 2 beat..them dudes were all over the place on that classic beat...
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so who was kendrick dissing

Drake Papoose
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah that Kendrick Lamar ? was overhyped and overrated like I said it would be............... Kendrick Lamar is overrated by stans.......... He's decent and can put out some decent ? ......... But you ? talkin that King of New York or King gotta be trollin like Lil' B or Odd Future fans........... Im not comparing Kendrick to them ? but dude ain't dope like yall tryin to hype it............ He nice but he can do better................................
  • Listencloser
    Options
    Joe Buddens prolly had the best verse..I'm extremely disappointed in the cyphers this yr...btw how the hell them TDE ? could not ride that Shook Ones Pt 2 beat..them dudes were all over the place on that classic beat...

The ? ? His was hands down the worst out of SH
  • Listencloser
    Options
    They are REALLY trying to force feed us these white emcees!!!! I'm KOO ? !!!! I don't wanna hear from these corny muthafuckas!!!

At all
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options

The ? ? His was hands down the worst out of SH

A matter of preference...I just like Joes slick punch line style
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    B Rabbit ride that Shook Ones beat better than them TDE ?
  • Infamous.H_G_C
    Infamous.H_G_C Members Posts: 263 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And why does Detroit produce CORNBALL after CORNBALL!!!! I didn't say they couldn't rhyme but NOTHING hood come outta there that's popular rap wise! EVERYONE of them ? is corny!

Eminem, Royce, Big Sean, Jon Connor, etc.

Not ONE street dude hot outta Detroit!

Michigan gotta step it up, motor city the new cornball capital!!

• BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And why does Detroit produce CORNBALL after CORNBALL!!!! I didn't say they couldn't rhyme but NOTHING hood come outta there that's popular rap wise! EVERYONE of them ? is corny!

Eminem, Royce, Big Sean, Jon Connor, etc.

Not ONE street dude hot outta Detroit!

Michigan gotta step it up, motor city the new cornball capital!!

Check out that new Black Milk or Boldy James and Alchemist.
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Best thing out of this ? was seeing Tiffany Fox ass ? yall were she thick.
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nice to see Bone thugs my fav group(next to Digable planets.)
  • double0suge
    double0suge Members Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nick Cannon killed them ? lol
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I usually sit through and watch this entire wack ass awards show just so that I can see the cyphers. ? all of that ? . Last year was the last time that i'll ever do that again. I'm not watching this ? anymore. I heard it was wack ass hell again. It's pretty much what I expected. I'll just catch the cyphers on youtube or some ? .

Didnt watch it cuz I had other ? to do but wanted to see the cyphers. Next time, just wait until its over and google "2014 BET Cyphers" and all these blog sites will have them all up in HD hella quick. Thats what I did this year.
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick's verse was nice so was Buddens. Overall everyone seemed really uninspired in the cyphers. Last years seemed better.
  • Listencloser
    Options
    I ain’t no backpack rapper, I ain’t no lyricist
    And if he ain’t talking to you mind ya business then

Papoose, get him.
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar killed it once again.? need to step their game up.FOREAL!!!
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ain’t no backpack rapper, I ain’t no lyricist
    And if he ain’t talking to you mind ya business then

Papoose, get him.

papoose played that ? ,, he should not have responded so lackadaisical
  • Jamaican Curry Bwoy
    Jamaican Curry Bwoy Members Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MadSirius wrote: »
    So wait, Papoose is the sensitive ? in pajamas?

Either that or he's depressed eating yogurt in bed.

...Greek yogurt.....
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why the Bone instrumental sound like it was made on a Sega Genesis Sound Debug? Sonic the Hedgehog had better instrumentals.
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    clippyclipp n*gga Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick broke down papoose very easy with one line "your career aint ? unless you got some Kendrick in it "which is all fact papoose wack ass going to try to milk this Kendrick Tde to try to gain some buzz nobody cares about that corny ?
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who had the best freestyle you think?
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol these ? mad because Isaiah Rashard was the first to be put on from Chatt. They talking about is he gon come back & help us (the rappers) lol. For what tho? Every time a ? make it, its always a group of lazy mfs saying "he fake if he dont come back & help his people". ? go out there & get it like he got it, its not his job to tag yall along with him.

Like I said months ago back when he first signed to TDE & nobody knew except for me & a few from Chatt. I was on facebook a copule of months ago & all ? was doing circle jerking each other in statuses about who the best in the city & its mostly these trendy type or trash ass rappers on there like "no you the best...........no you the best.......no you are hot in the city.............no you are hot in the city" & not once have Isaiah Rashard name came up in the discussion. Mf is so local minded its pathetic. ? that "suppose to rap" in the city didnt even know about Isaiah Rashard but you got ? like me that knew this ? back in the spring time & this ? just catching on to the masses.

whats crazy is before I knew about Isaiah Rashard, I was talking to my brother about how wack or trendy these rappers are in the city & nobody dont really care about how much dope you sold or how much money you have anymore in the mainstream rap, you 2005 Jeezy knock offs...........& if I was a rapper I'll be on K.R.I.T & similar rappers style who talk about real real life ? & that will make me stand out from the rest of the pack
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Lol these ? mad because Isaiah Rashard was the first to be put on from Chatt. They talking about is he gon come back & help us (the rappers) lol. For what tho? Every time a ? make it, its always a group of lazy mfs saying "he fake if he dont come back & help his people". ? go out there & get it like he got it, its not his job to tag yall along with him.

Like I said months ago back when he first signed to TDE & nobody knew except for me & a few from Chatt. I was on facebook a copule of months ago & all ? was doing circle jerking each other in statuses about who the best in the city & its mostly these trendy type or trash ass rappers on there like "no you the best...........no you the best.......no you are hot in the city.............no you are hot in the city" & not once have Isaiah Rashard name came up in the discussion. Mf is so local minded its pathetic. ? that "suppose to rap" in the city didnt even know about Isaiah Rashard but you got ? like me that knew this ? back in the spring time & this ? just catching on to the masses.

whats crazy is before I knew about Isaiah Rashard, I was talking to my brother about how wack or trendy these rappers are in the city & nobody dont really care about how much dope you sold or how much money you have anymore in the mainstream rap, you 2005 Jeezy knock offs...........& if I was a rapper I'll be on K.R.I.T & similar rappers style who talk about real real life ? & that will make me stand out from the rest of the pack

i think bolded is why we see so many stories or youtube videos of "insert rapper here dont even get love here bruh". ? always want they town to be repped a certain way or to be put on, instead of lettin that artist just do them, their way