PS4 Will not Recognize Bluetooth Headsets For Voicechat

Options
themadlionsfan
themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2013 in IllGaming
Report: PS4 won't recognize Bluetooth headsets for voice chat
by David Hinkle Writer RSS (33 minutes ago)

Bluetooth headsets will not work for voice chat on PS4, Sony has confirmed to Game Informer. This is in contrast to the PS3, which has enabled Bluetooth pairing from the get-go.

USB headsets will be a viable option for voice chat following an update, due sometime after the console's launch, and anything that requires a digital optical connection will play game audio. Owners of Sony's Pulse headset will also have to wait for a future update, Sony says.

The PS4 will launch on November 15. The $399 console, which sports a new DualShock 4 controller and optional PS4 Eye camera, is currently up for pre-order through most retailers.

whmlhv.jpg

Comments

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So it does or it doesn't?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Karl.
    edited October 2013
    Options
    This dude is such a fanboy. His brain doesn't let him see negative PS4 news.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont see how this is negative when every console ships with a headset and people did not use it for the PS3 anyway.LOL stop looking for negative news.
  • Karl.
    Options
    I was joking but this news is more negative than positive.asserrrereeeee I thought it was a cool feature on the PS3.

I don't really give a ? .
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Not terrible, but I the ability to use BT headsets was a nice feature. I'm not sure why they nixed it.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • themadlionsfan
    Options
    i ? up the thread title aight....no...ps4 wont recognize bluetooth headsets
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @focus .. come look at the caping bruh.. anytime something bad comes out for PlayStation ? be like "nobody uses it" ? .. thats how I use my voice on ps3 .. Bluetooth is dope.

When them flimsy ass mics they shipped with it start breaking you'll know what's up
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It will get it eventually...
  • themadlionsfan
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    @focus .. come look at the caping bruh.. anytime something bad comes out for PlayStation ? be like "nobody uses it" ? .. thats how I use my voice on ps3 .. Bluetooth is dope.

When them flimsy ass mics they shipped with it start breaking you'll know what's up

like the ones that shipped with the 360?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I use Bluetooth for my PS3 too, but ya'll M$ fanboys can't have it both ways. In other topics ya'll will be the first to say that PSN sucks because no one uses headsets at all. Now you're claiming that people are caping because they are saying that nobody uses a particular class of headsets. If headsets in general aren't that big a deal in the PS community, than the loss of BT compatibility for gaming is not a big deal either.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    The thing is it says it will be available, just not at launch....
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    It says that about USB headsets. It's unclear as to whether or not BT will ever be compatible.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont see how this is negative when every console ships with a headset and people did not use it for the PS3 anyway.LOL stop looking for negative news.
    that ? the Ps4 ships with is not a ? headset
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I use Bluetooth for my PS3 too, but ya'll M$ fanboys can't have it both ways. In other topics ya'll will be the first to say that PSN sucks because no one uses headsets at all. Now you're claiming that people are caping because they are saying that nobody uses a particular class of headsets. If headsets in general aren't that big a deal in the PS community, than the loss of BT compatibility for gaming is not a big deal either.

Oh to the contrary my friend .. you guys are the ones trying to be both ways. Not u but mad lion specifically.. how in the blue hell is he gonna sit there and say nobody uses Bluetooth anyway? The people that do talk on psn either have BT or turtles ...

Now once Xbox cones out with the BT compatibility ? will say the jocked from Sony.

Like I've been saying I wouldn't consider myself a fanboy because I always eodw with Sony.. will be getting a ps4 emmaybe sooner than later.. but I like to call out ?
  • themadlionsfan
    Options

Oh to the contrary my friend .. you guys are the ones trying to be both ways. Not u but mad lion specifically.. how in the blue hell is he gonna sit there and say nobody uses Bluetooth anyway? The people that do talk on psn either have BT or turtles ...

Now once Xbox cones out with the BT compatibility ? will say the jocked from Sony.

Like I've been saying I wouldn't consider myself a fanboy because I always eodw with Sony.. will be getting a ps4 emmaybe sooner than later.. but I like to calut ?

I've never said that pan users don't use bluetooth....search my posts.....in fact...I have the official Sony Bluetooth.....however...I no longer givea ? about Bluetooth because I have turtle beach headsets
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    It says that about USB headsets. It's unclear as to whether or not BT will ever be compatible.
    They'll probably make some Bluetooth attachment device you can buy eventually...
  • Karl.
    Options
    They'll probably make some Bluetooth attachment device you can buy eventually...

Bruh... No.

Bluetooth is #oldtech.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bathroom selfies = ?