Kendrick Lamar's full Cypher verse Video w/words-2013 B.E.T

Options

Comments

• G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Verse was solid, but nothing amazing. This whole discussion is beginning to get old as ? though.
  • Infamous.H_G_C
    Infamous.H_G_C Members Posts: 263 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    Kliimaxx wrote: »
    IamMonster wrote: »
    Yea but when you drop a song no wait a verse and have everybody in and out of hip hop talking about it that is iconic. Rappers were coming out of the wood works to respond and as fleeting as it may have been it made a huge impact that can't be down played.

I agree. Also, let's not get it ? up. Kendrick Lamar had mainstream white dudes at my job talking about "lyrics." not a song about shaking the ass or twerking or about how they sell drugs in columbia, he had them talking about lyrics, in the same way my boys and I would decipher a ghostface album.

I have criticized kendrick a lot over his Control verse, for various reasons. But people are checking for lyrics and rhymes now, at just the time when everyone thought it was a lost art. The credit is not solely on kendrick. battle rap and the oversaturation of a-b-c rap also helped usher this moment, but let's not fail to give kendrick his credit for shifting mainstream hip-hop into a direction that at least for the moment leads to more people focusing on the art of rhyming.

prime example of the ignorance and narcissism of ic worshippers... not only has the underground BEEN checking for lyrics but white boys BEEN on that ? . they the main ones been keeping most rappers talking about stuff other than the usual ? afloat... thats nothing new. interscope saw that desire from the consumer and filled it.. in a half ass way non-threatening to the system

I went to sleep last night, woke up, went to class, went to work, got home, worked out, and in between it all I have noticed you on here CONSISTENTLY complaining about Kendrick!

Again, this borders on obsessive!

As an appeal to your manhood, I implore you to check yourself and re-direct that energy bruh!

Ya skirt is showing.

giphy.gif

I just want him to consider what he could have done in a day if he weren't so focused on Kendrick is all!

? i own my own company... i do whatever the ? i wanna do all day. slave job having ass ? ... posting a few times in a thread didnt even consume a total of 20 minutes of my day ? . now go run your little hamster wheel.. youre late for sumn somewhere peasant

Cooked dinner, ? , studied, logged on.....and you're STILL here complaining about Kendrick!

You know ? well you're unemployed! Sitting around writing raps, hoping someone pays attention to your music does NOT make you a "business owner".

You cut it out ? , you too grown for this ? !

• afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With all the hype surrounding this cypher, I was expecting something better than this.

It was nothing special. I blame the hype machine for this disappointment.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea but when you drop a song no wait a verse and have everybody in and out of hip hop talking about it that is iconic. Rappers were coming out of the wood works to respond and as fleeting as it may have been it made a huge impact that can't be down played.

I agree. Also, let's not get it ? up. Kendrick Lamar had mainstream white dudes at my job talking about "lyrics." not a song about shaking the ass or twerking or about how they sell drugs in columbia, he had them talking about lyrics, in the same way my boys and I would decipher a ghostface album.

I have criticized kendrick a lot over his Control verse, for various reasons. But people are checking for lyrics and rhymes now, at just the time when everyone thought it was a lost art. The credit is not solely on kendrick. battle rap and the oversaturation of a-b-c rap also helped usher this moment, but let's not fail to give kendrick his credit for shifting mainstream hip-hop into a direction that at least for the moment leads to more people focusing on the art of rhyming.

prime example of the ignorance and narcissism of ic worshippers... not only has the underground BEEN checking for lyrics but white boys BEEN on that ? . they the main ones been keeping most rappers talking about stuff other than the usual ? afloat... thats nothing new. interscope saw that desire from the consumer and filled it.. in a half ass way non-threatening to the system

I went to sleep last night, woke up, went to class, went to work, got home, worked out, and in between it all I have noticed you on here CONSISTENTLY complaining about Kendrick!

As an appeal to your manhood, I implore you to check yourself and re-direct that energy bruh!

Ya skirt is showing.

giphy.gif

I just want him to consider what he could have done in a day if he weren't so focused on Kendrick is all!

? i own my own company... i do whatever the ? i wanna do all day. slave job having ass ? ... posting a few times in a thread didnt even consume a total of 20 minutes of my day ? . now go run your little hamster wheel.. youre late for sumn somewhere peasant

Cooked dinner, ? , studied, logged on.....and you're STILL here complaining about Kendrick!

You know ? well you're unemployed! Sitting around writing raps, hoping someone pays attention to your music does NOT make you a "business owner".

cut it out with your ? distortion of time as a platform for your fallacious ass implications ? . im on here ? off like anybody else... i just happen not to be a kendrick stan. and i actually do own a company, i work for self ? . what i do as a mainstay has nothing to do with rap. get off my ? ? and tell yo imaginary ? to come here....
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah, crooked i probably the best verse of the night..
  • Babaaa
    Babaaa Members Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ya skirt is showing.

giphy.gif

cut it out with your ? distortion of time as a platform for your fallacious ass implications ? . im on here ? off like anybody else... i just happen not to be a kendrick stan. and i actually do own a company, i work for self ? . what i do as a mainstay has nothing to do with rap. get off my ? ? and tell yo imaginary ? to come here....

orry001.jpg_thumb.jpg
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 pages...I read 5 pages...And not one of y'all heterosexual ? said a word about whoever that thick ass girl is in the cypher...Smh...
  • Babaaa
    Babaaa Members Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
  • Big James
    Big James Members Posts: 345 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And what does she do, beside stand in the background at BET cyphers?
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    Yes...Yes...What does she do...?
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just find it funny that Shyne had this ? pinned from the getup
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big James wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFjUQyQafoI

sings
  • Kliimaxx
    Kliimaxx Members Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Sway and ScHoolboy Q Call Kendrick Lamar to Talk BET Cypher [2013]

[url=]"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNFO-5v7Q0Y"[/url]

• Kliimaxx
    Options
  • Kliimaxx
    Options
    @judahxulu yo you got any more ryhmes, i'll be voting, for you. Got any name's for ya mixtape
  • Listencloser
    Options
    Sway and ScHoolboy Q Call Kendrick Lamar to Talk BET Cypher [2013]

[url=]"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNFO-5v7Q0Y"[/url]

Soooooooooooooo

Papoose?
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »

she sings, she in TDE
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that is about as generic a rap verse as there is. you guys are really flipping out over those bars like he was saying something?
  • OhMars
    OhMars Members Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »

The ? name is SZA and shes a singer
  • OhMars
    OhMars Members Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Okay.. Her name is SZA..good.

She was looking good in the background, in the midst of the good not great Kendrick cypher verse. Jay Rock delivered though.

Kendrick had a few stingers in that verse but nothing too venomous., and I thought it was common repeating in a freestyle?
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    starvin wrote: »
    Big James wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFjUQyQafoI

sings

Nice drop, I was disappointed at first when you mentioned she sung but this songs on point...TDE I see yall

• A1000MILES
    Options
    Eh...That song is like female Frank Ocean...I'll check more ? , but...Eh...Fine though...
  • Kliimaxx
    Options
    Xzibit: Kendrick's Doing Everything Right in Rap

[url=]"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g93D8zmsbWo"[/url]
  • Listencloser
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC71IE3s_-Y

"Dedicated to the critics that hope and pray,
    that one day I go soft and try to swing with a gimmick
    and fall off."

[img]http://snarkerati.com/movie-news/files/2007/11/xzibit-? -my-ride.jpg[/img]