My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is the best Hip Hop album since its release.

Options

Comments

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reks- rhythmatic eternal king supreme>>>>>>>>
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldnt argue I havent heard anything better. Retail Albums that come close IMO, Teflon Don, GKMC, The Throne.

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lyrically, Life Is Good is better but musically MBDTF is on another level. The instruments and type of beats Kanye used for the tracks was impeccable. LIG still struggled with production and that swizz beats track was forced. It's like you could tell Nas went for the radio with that one. MBDTF felt more natural, it definitely made a impact in the game. LIG is a good solid album though and I can understand it being used in this debate.

naw i gotta disagree.
    NO I.D. produced most of the album and he came with heat as always. justice league on the opening track sounded like the music you'll hear in the background while a preacher is doing his thing, which is accurate cuz nas be talking that gospel. salaam beats were cool, 40 killed it on bye baby. boi-1da gave nas a banger with that trust beat

the album doesnt struggle production wise
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I put MBDTF in my CD changer back in Nov 2010 that album hasn't left that cd changer in 3 years.Musically there isn't a lot of albums ? with that album its just so polished.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    I put MBDTF in my CD changer back in Nov 2010 that album hasn't left that cd changer in 3 years.Musically there isn't a lot of albums ? with that album its just so polished.

I feel you bro, I listen to the album damn near everyday @ work.

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More ? overrating GKMC again...
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    Mr.LV wrote: »

I feel you bro, I listen to the album damn near everyday @ work.

Everytime I go to work I listen to tracks from that album its aging pretty good so far.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked that album. This was 'Ye's best album to me. That album was complete, had tracks for every mood and 'ye showed great improvement lyrically. imagine of "Start it up" would also be on that album. "So apalled" and "Monster" were standout tracks to me. I liked that cut with Rae and Cudi as well. Might pop that album in just for oldtime sakes.
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel like this album is good but I can't give it the classic stamp. Not sure why the production is great but I think this album is a little too highly rated on here. But I respect all opinions.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    personally mbdtf was among the many good/real good albums ive heard in the 2010's but not among the handful of ones i feel were great in the 2010's, i feel Take Care and Ambition were better
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mdot wrote: »
    I feel like this album is good but I can't give it the classic stamp. Not sure why the production is great but I think this album is a little too highly rated on here. But I respect all opinions.
    I won't call it a classic neither, BUT I can see why some of these dudes would call it a classic. There's hardly any weak joints on that album IMO. I can play it without skipping, eventhough I wasn't feeling some tracks. It was way better than his latest album though. I think we can all agree on that one.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Real talk.I do NOT get the hype for that album I downloaded it then deleted it when it 1st dropped then dl'd it again to give it a unbiased kushed out thorough listen the album fuccin sucks
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its a great album...
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That album is terrible. :-q
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Disagree..great album but definitely overrated..

GKMC, RAP Music, Control System, Section 80 are all better to me, and that's just off the top of my head
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    andre_1024 wrote: »

GKMC, RAP Music, Control System, Section 80 are all better to me, and that's just off the top of my head

The irony of calling MBDTF overrated but then including GKMC as one of the albums better then it
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

ironic statement being that MBDTF is one of the most overrated albums I've heard in recent years..just my opinion tho
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GKMC
    MBDTF
    LIG
  • GovernmentCheese
    GovernmentCheese Members Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »

The irony of calling MBDTF overrated but then including GKMC as one of the albums better then it
    Watch the throne I feel can be debated. I feel its better than life is good and MCHG.

what type of bitchassness is this? flaggin this post cuz of HIS opinion? damn if he feel like that then thats his opinion. you reason posters are the worst.

That could be the first post ever that ? of jigga warriors and the nas disiplces

Word, at least let me know what makes the OP a trolling post. It's not like I said Nelly's Sweatsuit is the best album since it's release.
  • GovernmentCheese
    GovernmentCheese Members Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watch the throne is dope after you accept the
    mdot wrote: »

Even though I feel it's a classic, thats not what this thread is about. I stated that it's the best album since it's release. I see some posters said Take Care, another dope album but c'mon..better than MBDTF? At least, say why because Take Care damn near crosses over into the R&B side to much for me.

At the end of the day, ya'll can stack up albums and notice that the list still comes up short. A lot of albums are getting mentioned that are more like personal favorites but shouldn't be in the same sentence with MBDTF. For ex. Wale's Ambition, Section 80, Control System. So if you don't agree that it's not the best since it's release, you still gotta acknowledge that there ain't to many albums that came out after it that's better.

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reks- rhythmatic eternal king supreme>>>>>>>>

Thanks for this bro.. Never heard of this.. Album go hard..

MBDTF though..
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

ironic statement being that MBDTF is one of the most overrated albums I've heard in recent years..just my opinion tho

ironic statement being that GKMC was labeled "the new illmatic" but i'm just saying tho....