Has The Sucker MC Won???

Options
Soloman_The_Wise
Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2013 in The Reason
Since the Beginning there have been Sucker MC those that think they have skill but truly do not, those wasting there skills selling out or simping and snitching because they have no balance to their emotions spilling into music, Etc... Over the years though it seems that the Sucker MC has not only gained relevance but Market share. As Hip Hop continues to become more Hip Pop element, the Sucker MC has been the successful archetype to embody by so many over the years. Is The Sucker MC truly the winner in todays Music Why or Why Not???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOKMWSR2Aio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vb0h1Trr-w

Has The Sucker MC Won??? 58 votes

Unfortunately From the Looks of It Yes...
44%
dwade206 i ro nyzombiesoul rattlerthe ghostjoeyfkncrakkJusDre313MECCA1000tompetrez3Idiopathic Jokerits....JOHN BNothingButTheTruthDillaDeafBuilt 4 cuban linxD.OriginalLou CypherSoloman_The_WiseRahlowSneakDZA$tayRichROLLIN 26 votes
Hell No People are Tripping with that...
10%
StoneColdMikeyDisciplined InSightgoldenjaMeekMonizzLLLLLLe1432DaysOfInfinitiThe_Jackal 6 votes
Depends on What You Are Listening to...
41%
a_list[Deleted User]r.prince18sapp08_2001almighty breezejonohnic1978GlockLesnar HarlemThumzUpLike WaterBrilliantRapscallion[Deleted User]RiGGAA$AP_A$TONHyenaKillabears2248saracenwireUndergroundraplegendSplackavelliLustchyld 24 votes
There is No Such Thing as A Sucker MC...
3%
ItzGravitationFyHunnit 2 votes

Comments

• soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The sucker mc has won because the corporate machine can control a artist who's just in it for the money and fame and will do whatever it takes to reach that goal....A real emcee has his own rules and will not compromise the art of HIP HOP for a Dollar..
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you judging by what's on the radio then yes. However there are many legit MCs even on the mainstream, it's just that the better MCs tend to be oft the radar.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, when I see these tatted up rappers with gold teeth I can only wonder how much of their money gets invested in legitimate securities (stocks, bonds, mutual funds) and how much of their money gets thrown up in the air when they make it rain at the strip club which results in them being broke and having to tour for the rest of their life.
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are too many artists making music to focus on whats on the radio. Their job is to play whats hot. The major labels only promote whats hot. I deleted my iheartradio app cuz of being fed the ? . Instead of complaining about this I choose to stick to the music I like to hear.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm still in denial
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you going by wats on tv and radio then yes....? is a lot better then a few years ago, but the sucker emcee has come up....lol...havent heard that term in a minute, but it is fitting....
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a_list wrote: »
    If you going by wats on tv and radio then yes....? is a lot better then a few years ago, but the sucker emcee has come up....lol...havent heard that term in a minute, but it is fitting....

You can't go by whats on the TV and radio. Back in the 80s TV and radio only played cheesy rap (E.G. Walk This Way, You Be Illin). The good stuff came on late at night or on college radio. They didn't start playing rap, REAL RAP, on daytime radio until the mid 90s when basically Big and Pac blew up. Actually, I'd take it back a lil earlier to Naughty By Nature and Snoop and Dre circa 92/93. That's when I'd say I noticed daytime top 40 stations playing what I would consider real rap, not popcorn but the real deal.
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they should retire
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just look at the way these artists come up nowadays and you basically have your answer.

In the 90's, you saw the progression of the artist from struggling to finally made it. Now, what you see is the manufactured artist who starts his career bragging about how rich he is and showing off rented jewellery, and how he's got 50 cars. There's nothing interesting about them.

• a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    a_list wrote: »

You can't go by whats on the TV and radio. Back in the 80s TV and radio only played cheesy rap (E.G. Walk This Way, You Be Illin). The good stuff came on late at night or on college radio. They didn't start playing rap, REAL RAP, on daytime radio until the mid 90s when basically Big and Pac blew up. Actually, I'd take it back a lil earlier to Naughty By Nature and Snoop and Dre circa 92/93. That's when I'd say I noticed daytime top 40 stations playing what I would consider real rap, not popcorn but the real deal.

....I'd say around 93 was when hip hop was played all day on the radio....We had to wait for the mix shows prior to that....MTV Raps was huge though because thats how you got must of the musice during the week....Right now, I'd say TV and Radio is showing us whose popular for the most par and a lot of the popular acts could be called sucker mc's
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah nicki won
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my bad i misinterpreted sucker
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The world wide web/social media actually gave the sucker MC the platform...that's the reason it looks like they're ahead.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They certainly didnt/dont win anything

Sucker MCs have always sold tons of records so that isnt anything new.

But without talent you are not gonna have a very long career (atleast rapping), so in the long run theyll probably chalk it as a loss if they keep on spittin for to long.

Someone like Drake tho ashamed of being an MC so he constantly losing in his own head.

He wont be satisfied till he puts out a full singing album, so he wont even count soon enough

Hip Hop has not/will not ever be weak, unless you as an individual settle for trash music just to be current
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Options
    A lot of interesting views so far good discussion...
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lyrical bustaz!..
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The sucker MC has won. Dudes ain't even paying dues like back in the day, they come right in the game! ? be like I started rapping 5 months ago and actually make it and ? smh
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe in the sense that wack ? are able to function in the genre for a short period of time. But it's rare for them to outlive their 15 minutes of fame. I see em get a year or two and then they're replaced.

Nor do these same ? sell like that, so it is what it is. Let their useless ? eat for a sec then get em all the way the foh.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The world wide web/social media actually gave the sucker MC the platform...that's the reason it looks like they're ahead.

They don't deserve a platform. Sucker MC's are like people with hereditary illnesses. "Only the strongest survive" doesn't apply anymore because the weak ones were saved from their own inability and allowed to procreate, multiply, and spread their conditions to futur generations.

? used to be embarrassed to be wack rappers. Now they find excuses as to why their wackness is ok. Like they should be able to look down on ? that are better than them. Backwards ?
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    people like corny ? these days!
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Options
    as the years progress this seems to be even more prevalent...
  • Lustchyld
    Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh...I spoke on this in a thread a lil while ago. I see some of yall still on that tip where yall equate popularity with subpar quality
  • Mike.
    Mike. Members Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    Options
    In reality the so called real mc's. Are only jealous because they're not popular