Official 2013-14 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    arenas doesnt get the respect he deserves for his play when he was agent 0

he actually had da Wizards fun to watch nd winning nd gettin to da playoffs, dat gun incident clouds a lot of people's judgement on him pretty much was Steph Curry wit a worse jumper nd not as many assist lls
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I've seen a Rich person rob a bank...

bernie_madoff_newyork.jpg

But I get his point. I'm happy for him. I actually know his best friend, dude named Darnell. Bought him a lowrider just off GP.

I hate when people wanna count a Black man's money and compare his "production" when you got white folks all over corporate America, Government, Hollywood, etc, etc that are ridiculously overpaid for their hackneyed job performance.

Unless you're a Wizards or Magic fan you really can't and shouldn't be mad at him.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I hate when people wanna count a Black man's money and compare his "production" when you got white folks all over corporate America, Government, Hollywood, etc, etc that are ridiculously overpaid for their hackneyed job performance.

Unless you're a Wizards or Magic fan you really can't and shouldn't be mad at him.

internet-high-five.jpeg
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Don't know if this was posted yet but here's what a couple scouts had to say about Wiggins.
    Jeff Goodman - "During one three-hour practice, Wiggins misfired on jumper after jumper, took plays off and was practically invisible. Sure, he showed glimpses of the athleticism that have some putting him in elite company with NBA superstars.

NBA scouts - "Maybe he'll wind up getting there this season, but he's a long, long way off right now," said another NBA guy who came through Lawrence in the preseason. "He looks like just another player. I've seen him a few times in the past, and to be honest, he hasn't been off-the-charts any of those times. I love his athleticism, but I worry about his intensity -- as well as other aspects of his game. He doesn't shoot it great, and he's got zero aura about him. Again, I'm not saying he can't get there -- but people are making far more of this kid than they should."

And the second:
    "I certainly wasn't blown away by him," said one high-ranking NBA executive. "He was just OK. Average. I'm just not buying all this no-brainer stuff about him being the No. 1 pick. I just don't see it yet."

• greenwood1921
    Options
    BDB wrote: »
    Don't know if this was posted yet but here's what a couple scouts had to say about Wiggins.
    Jeff Goodman - "During one three-hour practice, Wiggins misfired on jumper after jumper, took plays off and was practically invisible. Sure, he showed glimpses of the athleticism that have some putting him in elite company with NBA superstars.

NBA scouts - "Maybe he'll wind up getting there this season, but he's a long, long way off right now," said another NBA guy who came through Lawrence in the preseason. "He looks like just another player. I've seen him a few times in the past, and to be honest, he hasn't been off-the-charts any of those times. I love his athleticism, but I worry about his intensity -- as well as other aspects of his game. He doesn't shoot it great, and he's got zero aura about him. Again, I'm not saying he can't get there -- but people are making far more of this kid than they should."

And the second:
    "I certainly wasn't blown away by him," said one high-ranking NBA executive. "He was just OK. Average. I'm just not buying all this no-brainer stuff about him being the No. 1 pick. I just don't see it yet."

I feel the exact same way every time I see him play.

I remember "hearing" about Kobe and Lebron before I actually saw them play and when I did I was ready shrug them off but they did look as good as advertised. This dude I just don't see it. Really none of these 2014 "instant superstars" ? away to be honest.

They look like talented high school kids with a bright future if they keep working and get in the right situations...

....Like every group of top high school players every year.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    ^^^not surprised dats why i said i aint trynna crown no high school prospect til i see him in college
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDB wrote: »

And the second:

3oy6v4.jpg

• goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nasty
  • O.G.
    Options
    I've never seen Wiggins shoot a jumper. Youtube is my only source of his game. It may just be a personality trait with him not having that "aura".
  • greenwood1921
    edited October 2013
    Options
    This is what makes me think I'm watching the next superstar when he's still in high school...

- When it looks like he lied about his age and he's actually 25 or 30 playing with 16 year olds. (Adrian Peterson, Lebron, Kobe, etc.) Not necessary due to his size but his overall skill level.

- I can see every move he makes working on the next level (or next 2 levels).

- He looks physically ready. (Some, like Durant - was an exception.)

- I have a hard time finding things that they could do much better.

I saw all the above with cats like A.D., Randy Moss, Lebron, Kobe, etc. I don't really see that Wiggins.
  • O.G.
    Options
    ^^^^besides youtube highlights and all star type games where have you seen him play?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I been sayin that wiggins kid is mad overrated.Parker,Randle and Gordon will all be better nba players.Wiggins will get all the hype tho.His game is dunks,spin moves and a broken ass jumper here and there I've watched plenty of footage and never saw the hype
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    ^^^^besides youtube highlights and all star type games where have you seen him play?

Most recently it was Kansas footage. And he has games and highlights all over youtube.

Highlights are carefully edited pieces meant to "impress". So if the "highlights" don't impress -- then what does?
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    in da mock drafts we're projected to take Parker is he a power forward outright or can he play some 3?? cuz i dont watch high school ball
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    But yet ? like this comes up:

NBA GM Survey: Who is the best international player NOT in the NBA? Nikola Mirotic (25%) Rudy Fernandez (14.3%) Andrew Wiggins (7.1%)

• MaddRapper
    MaddRapper Members Posts: 341 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    in da mock drafts we're projected to take Parker is he a power forward outright or can he play some 3?? cuz i dont watch high school ball
    Plays the 3 but will play the 4 in college b/c Coach K wants to play small ball

• BlackAX410
    Options
    MaddRapper wrote: »
    Plays the 3 but will play the 4 in college b/c Coach K wants to play small ball

oh ok yea gonna be a big year for Jeff Green if he plays like he has in da preseason he could be replaced cuz we're trash
  • greenwood1921
    Options

The snippets I've seen of Jabari have been somewhat impressive. Athletic, good passer, good shooter. Nothing about him seems "dominant" but from a few glimpses he looks like a solid player in the making.

Still can't believe that nikka's a mormon tho. lol
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    lol @ jeff green averaging 10 points on 32% shooting from the field and 27% from the three point line in the last 5 games
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    lol @ jeff green averaging 10 points on 32% shooting from the field and 27% from the three point like the last 5 games
    ima wait til all-star break before i can fully critique him, he's been ass in da preseason tho im semi disappointed but a lot of players dont take pre-season serious, celtics fans on dis site i blog on are mad as ? at dat ? tho cuz all da ? he was talkin nd how putrid he looks in preseason lls
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    lol @ jeff green averaging 10 points on 32% shooting from the field and 27% from the three point like the last 5 games

He'll somehow have a 30 point game against us this season. Lol dude had his best game ever against us and we still snatched the Celtics soul.
  • O.G.
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Mechanics on his shot are not fluid, so he may need to adjust it some as he sort of slings the ball from his shoulder, though his shot has shown steady improvement … A streaky shooter, can go through cold spells
    Underdeveloped moves off the dribble.
    Sometimes appears to be coasting during games, though I believe this is when he is getting a feel for the tempo of the game, and he is reluctant to force things … Not much of a vocal leader, but certainly leads by example. And this is sure to develop with maturity
    Had a tendency to rely too much on his athleticism early in his high school career, but has developed other facets of his game
    rarely do I see him wheeling and dealing, getting in the paint and creating for his teammates. At times his quiet demeanor could almost be confused for timidness on the court. Although he is a remarkable individual when he asserts himself, there are times when he blends into the flow of the game and doesnt exhibit his dominance as much as he could

Guess who they said this about?

D-Rose.

These are kids. We have no clue how they will improve. BTW. out of all so-called phenoms I am most impressed by Randle.

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whatever happened to that big man from spain that orlando drafted but he mever came over