Who Had The G.O.A.T. Record Label/Crew Talent Pool

Options
GetoBoy
GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
There have been so many record label/crews in hip hop but who had the best pool of talent all at one time??? IMO it's either that deathrow label or that roc-a-fella label when you incorporate the talent they had from hard spitters, main stream rappers, producers, and the heads of the labels those two are goat to me but speak on it..... Did that bad boy label have more talent??? Was wu-tang the best pool of talent at one time??? Was that aftermath/shady/g-unit best??? How bout that early cash money or no limit??? Is there a current label/crew that tops em all??? Who's the best in y'all eyes....

Comments

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Roca fella and would've been even more crazier if big l lived
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Young Money is ? on online, but in real life, Around 09-10 at the tail end of Waynes dominance and the ? was still spitting, and Drake and Nicki were just starting to burn ? up and signed they were top heavy, if Currency would have never left it would have been interesting. I'm not saying they are the most talented ever but as far as having 3 of the hottest Artist at one time needs to be recognized and mentioned.
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I'd say,

Wu-Tang (label/crew/group), Death Row (label/crew), Ruff Ryders (label/crew), Rocafella, (label/crew). Boot Camp Clik (crew/group), Dungeon Family (crew), Native Tounges (crew), Juice Crew (crew), Hieroglyphics (crew/label/group), Loud (label), Def Jam (label), Rawkus (label), Hit Squad (crew), D.I.T.C. (group/crew)
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Psychopathic Records
  • escoe
    escoe Members Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Options
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    escoe wrote: »
    juice crew

Cosign.

Also remember Def Jam had LL Cool J, The Beastie Boys and Public Enemy all at one point when they were in their peak. When the Beastie Boys bounced to another label they picked up Slick Rick, EPMD and Nice and Smooth.

You can take it all the way back to Sugarhill Records. Between 79-84 they had The Sugarhill Gang, Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5, Funky 4+1, The Crash Crew, Spoonie G, Busy B, Sequence, Trouble Funk...and The Treacherous 3. Only problem was they released alot of 12"s but not too many full length LPs.

• GetoBoy
    Options
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »
    I'd say,

Wu-Tang (label/crew/group), Death Row (label/crew), Ruff Ryders (label/crew), Rocafella, (label/crew). Boot Camp Clik (crew/group), Dungeon Family (crew), Native Tounges (crew), Juice Crew (crew), Hieroglyphics (crew/label/group), Loud (label), Def Jam (label), Rawkus (label), Hit Squad (crew), D.I.T.C. (group/crew)

You wouldn't include bad boy in that list??? Big, mase, lox, 112, black rob, faith, hit men, puff, etc... that's a pretty talented pool
  • herbalism101
    herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Then......Death Row Records

Now.....Shady/Aftermath......
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    umm who does Shady/Aftermath have?
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Wu. Long careers, classic albums, monetary and musical influence arguably as great or greater than any other group.
  • Kalecrunch
    Kalecrunch Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Death Row no contest.
    Dre Top 5 producer All Time. Daz Dillinger on beats also Karupt lyrical assasin.
    Pac Top5 rapper all time.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rocafella
    Screwed Up Click
    Death Row
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Juice Crew...
    Loud Records...XZibit, Liks, Mobb Deep, Pun, Dead Prez, Wu
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    Kalecrunch wrote: »
    Death Row no contest.
    Dre Top 5 producer All Time. Daz Dillinger on beats also Karupt lyrical assasin.
    Pac Top5 rapper all time.

Kanye & Just Blaze>>>>Dre & Daz
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the ROC.
    Hov, Beans, & Cam on the mic. Just Blaze & Kanye on the boards smh....wickedness cooking up in there.

Double R was raw too. DMX & The LOX and Drag-on was underrated too. They had Dame Grease and Swizz on the beats...awww man mayne.

DITC are my dudes too. Finesse, Showbiz & AG and of course Big L.
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aftermath early/mid 00s

Dr DRE
    Eminem
    50 Cent
    The Game
    Eve
    Busta Rhymes
    and Rakim!!!??
  • tupacfan35
    tupacfan35 Members Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Death Row Records.
  • Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    Young Money is ? on online, but in real life, Around 09-10 at the tail end of Waynes dominance and the ? was still spitting, and Drake and Nicki were just starting to burn ? up and signed they were top heavy, if Currency would have never left it would have been interesting. I'm not saying they are the most talented ever but as far as having 3 of the hottest Artist at one time needs to be recognized and mentioned.

You cant say young money but only name 3 out of 30 ? on the crew...come on now
  • GovernmentCheese
    GovernmentCheese Members Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Psychopathic Records
    KBCT6s9.gif
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aftermath when G Unit was at its peak

Cash Money 90s
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    Aftermath early/mid 00s

Dr DRE
    Eminem
    50 Cent
    The Game
    Eve
    Busta Rhymes
    and Rakim!!!??

That was a goat roster to bad nothing came from eve, rakim, or dre album wise at that time
  • GovernmentCheese
    GovernmentCheese Members Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, so many to choose from though. Imma go with
    1. Roc-A-Fella
    2. Cash Money
    3. No Limit

No Limit was running things for a while, Cash Money did their thing with just the Hot Boys/ Big Tymers. None of them stopped working besides Turk and they molded their youngest artist into one of the biggest superstars. No limit was more or less the father of mainstream South rap (flooded the South Coast with artist and dope music while constantly selling gold or better)

Rocafella's roster was so diverse yet cohesive. Having two very different producers also helped. Kanye's soulful samples gave us some of the deepest rap songs ever. Just gave us a bunch of bangers but could still hit you with a track that makes you think as well. Their music had everybody throwing up the diamond.

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cash Money was beastin'!!
    I can't believe I forgot about them. Mannie Fresh, Juvenile, BG, Wayne wooooo it was a dynasty until they started signing ? ?
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cmr

not ymcmb