THINGS YOU HAVE PLAYED A PART IN THAT HAVE MADE YOU PROUD?

Options
BIGG WILL
BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
Coaching Football has granted me a lot of proud moments, but this one is near the top of the list :

2jamdya.jpg

Daquon Green

Seeing this kid transform into an awesome Football player and I am very proud of him. I coached him 3 years ago when he was 1st year JV(11-12 years old) player playing Linebacker. You could see the raw talent then. He came out the next year (his 2nd year on JV) and played every where including QB and he growth was tremendous. Then last year we both moved up to Varsity and he was in full BEAST MODE. Now hes starting on a pretty good High School team making a big impact.

I wish we had more game film of all of our players, but we were very limited in that aspect.

Heres film of him his 2nd year on JV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt3SFOg-VOA

Heres film of him last year on Varsity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9G2cT2y-8Y

In 3 years I can easily see him being one of the most heavily recruited kids in the state and getting a full ride to College.

The QB Cain played for our Organization as well in our very 1st year. Hes a JR now, but he received offers from USF and FSU this Summer as a Sophomore.

These kids are doing big things.

Comments

• Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I play a part in helping kids everyday and for that I'm thankful and privileged.

I learn as much from them as they do from me.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    Raising my son ......he never ceases to amaze me. And it's not just me that notices it....his whole life i have had people compliment him about his positive attitude and good nature

I am one proud mama
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I used to teach and encourage young men and women at an alternative school last year
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dude in the mailroom, is a coach too, he coached tavon austin..? 's awesome hearing the stories
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The war on terror
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    The war on terror
    satan takes pride in the death of innocents
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »
    dude in the mailroom, is a coach too, he coached tavon austin..? 's awesome hearing the stories

Ask him why Tavon is a bust
  • BIGG WILL
    Options

That's cool. One of Boys from the Army Coached Lebron James at a Rec Center. I don't remember how old Bron was at the time, but the few times we talked about it he was always quick to point out he had nothing to do with his development.

• BIGG WILL
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Deon Cain By Jamie Newberg
    National Recruiting Analyst
    Posted Oct 28, 2013

Share on twitterShare on facebook| More Sharing ServicesMore

Here some high definition video and an evaluation of 2015 standout Deon Cain from Tampa Bay Tech.

Tampa Bay Tech is home to one of the top junior prospects from the Sunshine State in the class of 2015 in Deon Cain. Cain, 6-foot-3, 190-pounds, plays quarterback.
    Cain is a very intriguing prospect. He carries scholarship offers from Florida State, USF and UCF. The Seminoles have offered Cain as a wide receiver while the Bulls like him as a quarterback and the Knights are recruiting him as an athlete (that means sign with us and we will figure out your position later).

Certainly Cain can play quarterback in college, but at what level? I don’t see him, at least at this point in time, as a high level quarterback prospect. That’s not saying he couldn’t develop his game over the next 18 months and beyond. We have seen guys in the past do just that.

But right now I see his most upside as a wide receiver. He’s a big, strong and fluid athlete with good speed. He’s smooth and effortless with the ball in his hands. I can only imagine what Cain could develop into down the road after he fully commits to playing this position. A coach would almost inherit a blank slate with this tremendous athlete.

Having said that, he’s not a bad quarterback. He does have a pretty good arm. At times he’s accurate but he needs to become more consistent throwing the football. He's raw and needs to work on fundamentals. Cain needs to make better decisions. This should come with maturity and experience. He does show to be a very good dual-threat guy. Cain can extend a play because of his athleticism in the pocket. He’s strong, quick and fast. Cain can make something out of nothing and give a defense fits because of run/pass ability.

This is one prospect in the 2015 class that I am very high on and excited about. It will be interesting to see where Cain’s at next season at this time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baWlyGNt7xU

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7 months staying all nights to monitor the evacuation of US and French soldiers...
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    taught a lil girl to play basketball, she got a scholarship to colorodo state later on

i was the reason they put up camers around a apartment complex cause we used to raise hell

made them cut down the trees around my neighborhood and put up fences and map the whole area, casue when i ran from em i ran in the woods like i was on rosewood and ? and they couldnt find me

next day............everything changed
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Jungz
    Jungz Members Posts: 991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I made a dedication song and video for a singer and it got her a record deal with Universal.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2006 NAIA National Wrestling Champions.
  • p-tavern
    p-tavern Members Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I'm the reason stores got rid of the cardboard stands and started putting those "quarters for kids with cancer" donation things in a locked box
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Proud of everything my little brother has done, he has all of my good qualities and none of my bad ones Lol

I was starting PG for varsity basketball my Junior year, my little bro went out and started on Varsity his freshmen year, last year. (he's a sophomore now b-ball season about to start I'm hyped AF.)

The only thing that disappoints me a little was he is really into football now lol he played on the freshmen team last year and starting wide receiver for JV this season, I call him everyday and he tells me how he's starting to like football better. And he might want to focus on it next year! I just tell him do whatever you want! Little man makes straight A's to! ? !
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The war on terror

So does ? ... Bullet...
  • BIGG WILL
    Options
    The war on terror

So does ? ... Bullet...

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ether

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bringing my son into the world...best kid ever...he's in love wit basketball so we sending him to a camp next summer ..so that means I gotta get mu joe jackson on if he gon make it ..he might hate me but ? it he'll be aight when he get that big contract
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saving ? from a burning car involved in an accident on the highway
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Putting together the alumni chapter of my frat and Del State's Alumni Band. Over the last two years, these efforts have helped the program tremendously, and I'm glad that, as an elder statesman, I had a hand in it.