FreeWay Rick Ross say Jay-Z need to stop frontin' and be himself..

Options

Comments

• Infamous.H_G_C
    Infamous.H_G_C Members Posts: 263 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess if you want a major distributor, you wasn't a "d-boy". So nickel and dime ? don't count! lol

I love how we passive-aggressively still glamorize it with categorization!

It was all self-destructive, why do we care what LEVEL of dysfunction you subscribed to?

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "like i told you to sell drugs, no
    hovfreeway did that so hopefully you wouldnt have to go through that"

i get what freeway is saying. do i believe these rappers exaggerate or blatantly lie about their past life? yes, but then again i wasnt there so i cant dismiss it so easily. most of these rappers came from nothing so its not that hard to believe they participated in illegal activity

obviously that 92 bricks line is blatant ? , but jay selling ? isnt that much of a reach imo
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Clever dude...

In order for him to remember him, which in turn leads to him being able to make cash....he needs to say ? like this...

No ? will be given from Jay...or me, about ol boy opinion.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *for us to remember him...

Mobile postin'
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Hold up so jay was a good kid who went to school and got a college degree??? And rick ross rap career is being funded by the police union??? And y'all call this real talk and speaking the truth???Smh

Lol It's only real talk when it agrees with they agenda
    Its funny. Y'all ? are so ? brainwashed into believing these rappers, you could never fathom the thought they could be HUSTLIN YOU into buying a made up image. Not one big time drug dealer has vouched for Jayz alleged drug dealing past. But yet y'all attack the ? who REALLY lived that life like he's the one who lying to you. Smh

These artist be selling you dumb azz fans a fake image because they know you too stupid to know better. This thread if proof.

Shout out to the REAL Ross for speaking truth,again

Wtf?

You never lived that life, if you did you would know how ridiculous the bolded sounds right now.

What makes yall Internet ? think selling drugs is such a hard thing to do?

I notice your posts, you agree wit any ? that ? on Jay cuz you think Jay is in the "Illuminati"...lame square ass ?

Shout out to Freeway Rick Ross tho

To be fair, Jay doesn't talk like he just sold drugs. He talks like he was a drug kingpin, and yes becoming that is a hard thing to do.

Shots at rappers aside, what Ross said has merit. The dudes that actually were big time drug dealers are treated as criminals and blights on the community and rightfully so, but that doesn't really make sense when you look at the fact that the dudes spinning yarns based on the lives of those dudes are prospering and being treated like great men.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    illedout wrote: »
    What he's basically saying is that, he really lived that life,
    and while he's trying to work his way back into the community,
    by visiting schools talking to kids, and doing positive things in the community,
    he's still considered an outcast, felon, and ex-con,

Then on the other hand you have rappers like Jay Z and Rozay,
    who's past is questionable but they glorify drug dealin' and other street ? ,
    and instead of people criticizing and condemning them, they get praises..

People criticize rappers all the time though. There's countless articles and discussions and statements all the time about it. We ain't too far from the 90's when people were literally steam rolling rap cd's in the streets.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blackrain
    Options
    KNICKLYN wrote: »
    illedout wrote: »
    freeway-ricky-ross-2013-10-25-300x300.png

These dudes just don't keep it 100.
    They was good boys and went to school and got college degrees,
    and somebody gave them a good job and they doin' alright.

I don't know, maybe it's me but I'm I the only one that doesn't think this particular line is directed at Jay Z ? I think he was talking in general about ? like him exaggerating their past. A good example would be Plies & Rick Ross who went to college and had good jobs.

You do know it's possible to go to college and still do stupid street ? right? I mean Cam'Ron's ass went to college so did Gucci Mane and nobody doubts any of them ? doing street ? still. It's plenty people on a college campus that are nothing but a walking felony waiting to be caught just like somebody in the hood lol
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    _DUB_ wrote: »
    snitch ?
    Paperwork? None has surfaced regarding this claim. Rappers would take the name of a snitch now?

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not that it was good, but Jay sold dope out here in Trenton... considering the time period, its not hard to imagine many from that era doing it
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hova sell crak just didnt get caught
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel where Ross is coming from in regards to that interview cause Jay tryna sounding like he was on some Frank Lucas/Nino Brown, like some vague movie type ?

I've been heard Rick Ross (Will Rob) was a full fledged employee of the hip hop police tho, that aint news, just further confirmation

Certain things come apparent when you try to sue somebody and lose and i'm sure Ricky isnt just talkin out of his ass

I know it must be frustrating for him continually being reminded he was a death sligging hustler especially considering they are rewriting his history with ? ... Makes it sorta impossible for people to really learn from him
  • blackrain
    Options
    I dont know y ? act like its hard to sell dope or be profitable from it.. cuz it aint.. its ? in my lil ass town i stay in balling off selling dope.. shiddd a ? with a few good clients can good money.. and i get what he saying and all but ive never looked at jay as a ? who glorify sellng drugs... he says he made money off of it but he has always told the bad side of dealin.. i dont see how thats glorifing it anymore than The real rick ross telling how much money he made from.his time in the game... they both telling a story.. one happens to rap

I don't know how anyone can listen to Jay talk about drug dealing on RD and see it as him glorifying it. That album shows him paranoid as ? about everything around him. That don't sound like a good life to live at all. Hell just think about that 2nd verse on Dead Presidents...
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the drug epidemic in the black community (especially the ? -era) was a child of racism.. today some people would like you to believe that racism doesn't exist... not the kind of "I don't like black/white people racism" but the systematic oppression type of racism is what I'm talking about.. when you have a medium such as Hip Hop that is the most expressive form of music ever created, you would have to be a fool to think that that element of systematic oppression doesn't exist within the confines of Hip Hop.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    judahxulu wrote: »
    that man needs to be applauded.. ? is wrong with yall?

for what?
    only diff between him and Hov is that Hov can rap... they both sold drugs...

you ? ? ? freeway basically pioneered the ? epidemic, seen the damage he's done and works to clean up his own mess- which cant be as profitable as going a different route and try to cash out on the dope dealer image and glorify it- like Jay Z does. Except Jay Z was never even a mile close to his level.
  • young_reezy
    Options
    just like Freeway Ricky Ross was used as a tool to help systematically oppress inner city mostly black communities many of these so called emcee's are used in the same manner, yet more indirect or covert.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    I dont know y ? act like its hard to sell dope or be profitable from it.. cuz it aint.. its ? in my lil ass town i stay in balling off selling dope.. shiddd a ? with a few good clients can good money.. and i get what he saying and all but ive never looked at jay as a ? who glorify sellng drugs... he says he made money off of it but he has always told the bad side of dealin.. i dont see how thats glorifing it anymore than The real rick ross telling how much money he made from.his time in the game... they both telling a story.. one happens to rap

I don't know how anyone can listen to Jay talk about drug dealing on RD and see it as him glorifying it. That album shows him paranoid as ? about everything around him. That don't sound like a good life to live at all. Hell just think about that 2nd verse on Dead Presidents...

To me,.his descriptions should let ? know before they ever think about selling dope if they ready to.be about that life
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Come on man, you can't seriously be trying to imply that the negative aspects of the drug game presented on RD outweigh the positive ones.

If you want to talk about not seeing how people can think an album glorifies the drug game, then you should be talking about OB4CL. Sure them dudes talk about dressing fly and all that, but they start the album off talking about they want to get out of drug game because of how ? up it is, U-? 's character dies, Ghost gets shot, and the album ends with them having to deal with a traitor that got one of their people killed. In other words, people tend to overlook it but they took a lot of L's on that album.
  • young_reezy
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Jay-z is a trophy.. he's held in high regard just to make ? believe it's a smigget of a chance to graduate from the dope game a millionaire..

true some have used the game as a stepping stone to do other things but many more ? lose in the dope game than win. the commercialization of the dope game has made some brothas think it's a viable option but when you look at the percentage of cats that get deep in the game and make it out unscathed you'd wonder why so many dudes think it's a way out of a tough situation.

at the end of the day people are gonna do whatever they wanna do anyway

but private prisons are big business... imagine who has shares in that ? . what kinda muthafucka is bankin on prisons being full? probably someone who wouldn't mind seeing ya ass locked up.
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    so the rapper that for the most part "keeps it real" in his raps is faking "keeping it real"?...yea Jay talks about his PAST drug life in his songs but only in retrospect..for the most part he keeps more real than 90% of the rappers in the game right now(and gets ? on constantly for it...he's rich, married to Beyonce, and wants a ? Picasso) and lives his truth..and if his past was so fradulent...why is it there still no one(without an AGENDA) out there to expose him on it?...i mean Dame for all intents and purposes could've aired him out by now if he was such a fake and a phony....and why would he partner up with a fraud to even sell that image(when thier whole mantra as a crew was about being authentic and "keeping it thoro")?

i've said this a million times but it's clear alot of people have really bought way too much stock into Jay's persona/life and they either wholeheartedly believe he is what he is or was what he was or they dont...im of the former but im also smart enough to know the man did not have "92 bricks" and lost it....nor do i think he went to college(which is kinda hard to do without a HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA) and has been living a complete lie for the past 25 years of his life.
  • blackrain
    edited October 2013
    Options

Come on man, you can't seriously be trying to imply that the negative aspects of the drug game presented on RD outweigh the positive ones.

If you want to talk about not seeing how people can think an album glorifies the drug game, then you should be talking about OB4CL. Sure them dudes talk about dressing fly and all that, but they start the album off talking about they want to get out of drug game because of how ? up it is, U-? 's character dies, Ghost gets shot, and the album ends with them having to deal with a traitor that got one of their people killed. In other words, people tend to overlook it but they took a lot of L's on that album.

I can say the bold about what you just said about RD. Hell the last song on RD is called "Regrets" where he talks about having to learn to live with regretting a good portion of the things you do in life. That's the very last thing you hear on the album is him saying if you really want to go that route in life know what you're getting into and know that you're going to hate most of what you have to do. That's not glorifying
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its like these dudes get paid to knock da credit these kats get from hustling etc!
    Its like a hidden agenda so these uppity n#ggaz that are squeaky clean can run the game!
    Who cares if u aint sellin on that dude level its all about street life!