Meanwhile in MD, a Black Woman is Fired From ? For Daring to Have Blonde Highlights (W/Pics)

Options
Young_Chitlin
Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2013 in For The Grown & Sexy
By: Laura Beck

Farryn Johnson was fired from her job at a Baltimore ? for having blonde highlights in her dark brown hair. Apparently she was "let go" of her job as a waitress at due to '"improper image" which is like LOLOLOLOLOLFOREVERLOLOLOLSOMEMORE. Oh, ? . YOU!!!

Well, wait. It would be hilarious if it weren't so upsetting, ridiculous, and racist. "They specifically said, 'Black women don't have blonde in their hair, so you need to take it out,'" Johnson told CBS. ? , such an authority on all things Found in Nature. Oh look, I just pulled a pair of tiny orange shorts off a tree outside the Hollywood location!

Johnson calls shenanigans:
I didn't see that it would be a big issue just because there were a lot of other employees working at the restaurant of other races with color in their hair. For instance, there were Asian girls with red hair and Caucasian girls with black hair and blond streaks so I didn't think it would be an issue for the little piece of blond highlight in my hair.

I get dress codes and all, but again: THIS IS ? . I am not sure what type of image they are trying to preserve? Everything can be fake as long as it looks real EAT SOME WINGS? And, not that it matters, but her hair is super cute!

Johnson filed a racial discrimination complaint with the Maryland Commission on Civil Rights, and her attorney says the law is clear that employers can't have two separate unequal sets of rules for employees. Especially at a ? . I added that second part.

ku-bigpic.png

[img]http://media.theindychannel.com/photo/2013/10/22/? _farryn_johnson_fired%20_1382450602714_1141648_ver1.0_320_240.jpg[/img]

fired_waitress_says_hair_got_her_fired_416297236.jpg&size=article_large

Comments