Sperm donor sued for child support

Options

Comments

• Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fair (He should have to pay)
    Moral of the story: Don't give your sperm to these hoes.

It literally puts your fate in her hands.

Foolish ? ? .
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Foul (It's the ? 's responsibility now, let them pay)
    kai_valya wrote: »
    i read thru it, and the issue seems to be that this ? did not go thru the proper sperm-donating avenues. he was just jerking off in to a dixie cup and selling it to hoes on craigslist.

if you don't want some ? like this to happen, make sure you only give a chick your sperm in the presence of a doctor

Ahahahaha.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    its a nonsensical and intrusive legal precedent...
    why does the government need to force ppl to seek the expertise of a doctor?
    they are consenting adults and the contract they wrote up should be honored.

i agree that it's ? up. but i think the courts are more concerned with the potential abuses of things not being done officially. like if they let this slide it could be used as another excuse for folks to get out of paying. and without proper proof, there's a lot of ambiguity that can go into just going of the words of random people

if he had things the proper, legit way, none of this would be happening

i'm also pretty certain that it's illegal to sell body fluids like that.

What about the contract though ?
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is the only thing stopping me from ever doing this. There is actually a french movie about this same subject that came out early this year. I think it's legal in some areas
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options
    Word, you can't just put anything in a contract and have it stand.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i agree that it's ? up. but i think the courts are more concerned with the potential abuses of things not being done officially. like if they let this slide it could be used as another excuse for folks to get out of paying. and without proper proof, there's a lot of ambiguity that can go into just going of the words of random people

Why is a written agreement not enough?
    Corporations have more rights than ppl because ppl don't fight enough.
    They just accept decisions of the court as if there isn't a long history of change...
  • 7figz
    Options
    So the contract doesn't qualify him as a "legal sperm donor". What about the rest of the contract if it (assumingly) signs over guardianship and financial responsibility ?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options

They just accept decisions of the court as if there isn't a long history of change...

for the first question, because a doctor wasn't there

the bolded is right tho, they like to see precedents

I don't think that the court has the right to nullify the agreement of these consenting adults because of a rule about doctors being present...
    so every written contract has to be negotiated with the consent of some type of "expert"?
    that doesn't sound like freedom...
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    So the contract doesn't qualify him as a "legal sperm donor". What about the rest of the contract if it (assumingly) signs over guardianship and financial responsibility ?
    Since he doesn't qualify as a legal donor, the rest doesn't apply.

Otherwise, ? could just draft up their own contracts to ? up the child support system.

Such as:
    By signing this contract, x_[the hoe in question]_ agrees that she will never attempt to receive or allow herself to receive child support from x_[the ? that is about to smash]_ --under any circumstances--for any potential offspring that results from this intercourse. Both parties also agree that x_[the ? that is about to smash]_ has no paternal obligations or rights to any potential offspring that may result from this intercourse.
  • 7figz
    Options

were they legally drawn papers or just them writing it down on a piece of paper?

I think it was some ? they typed up.

But I think people get by with those all the time - like with loans and other ? .
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options

Otherwise, ? could just draft up their own contracts to ? up the child support system.

Such as:
    By signing this contract, x_[the hoe in question]_ agrees that she will never attempt to receive or allow herself to receive child support from x_[the ? that is about to smash]_ --under any circumstances--for any potential offspring that results from this intercourse. Both parties also agree that x_[the ? that is about to smash]_ has no paternal obligations or rights to any potential offspring that may result from this intercourse.

why can't they?
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options

Such as:

why can't they?
    Because that'd be too easy.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't think that the court has the right to nullify the agreement of these consenting adults because of a rule about doctors being present...
    so every written contract has to be negotiated with the consent of some type of "expert"?

Eh, I think that's a slippery slope though, fam. For example, gun laws. In order to sell a gun to a private party, the ? has to be done through a gun shop or dealer, or other licensed entity. Those two people can't just write up a contract saying 'I agree to sell you this pistol and I agree to buy it from you for ? amount of dollars' and that just be cool. Like that doesn't negate the law surrounding gun sales.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

Eh, I think that's a slippery slope though, fam. For example, gun laws. In order to sell a gun to a private party, the ? has to be done through a gun shop or dealer, or other licensed entity. Those two people can't just write up a contract saying 'I agree to sell you this pistol and I agree to buy it from you for ? amount of dollars' and that just be cool. Like that doesn't negate the law surrounding gun sales.

my thing is... there seems to b an assumption that "professionals" provide some type of safeguard against harm...
    its a ? assumption in some cases...
    this sperm transaction is one of those cases...
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's the father and the kid gotta eat. Dont get involved in "donating" your sperm. Goes without saying.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options

my thing is... there seems to b an assumption that "professionals" provide some type of safeguard against harm...

they provide much more of a safeguard than regular people who don't know what they are doing

show me a case where someone asked for support from an official sperm donor. that has never happened because those are legit contracts. and when it is done legit, they don't even know who the actual donor is

this is going to lead to a circular argument...
    the legitimacy is gained from the discretion of the court... my point is why should we accept that?
    whats funny is that courts ignore the testimony and expertise of professionals all the time...
    their is no reason that it should be unlawful for consenting adults to write up an agreement and stick to it, in this instance...
  • 7figz
    Options

they provide much more of a safeguard than regular people who don't know what they are doing

show me a case where someone asked for support from an official sperm donor. that has never happened because those are legit contracts. and when it is done legit, they don't even know who the actual donor is

this is going to lead to a circular argument...
    the legitimacy is gained from the discretion of the court... my point is why should we accept that?
    whats funny is that courts ignore the testimony and expertise of professionals all the time...
    their is no reason that it should be unlawful for consenting adults to write up an agreement and stick to it, in this instance...

Exactly.

What makes one contract being drawn up legal and another illegal ?

Even if you argue that the contract disqualifies him as a legal sperm donor, how do you disqualify a contract that says something like "I assume all financial responsibility for this baby...." ? ? ain't grown enough to make that decision ?

Or is there something in the law that explicitly says people can't draw up their own contracts on these matters.

Seems like some people don't even want to ask the question.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    ok just read the article.. first off its the state NOT the women coming after him. second.. i feel he SHOULDNT have any obligations for this kid... but cmon man.. if ur giving out ur ? sperm bruh u HAVE to do it by the book

doing that would ENSURE this exact situation wouldnt happen. The state dont give a ? about that contract like @Kai said u have to go through the proper channels.. i feel for the guy, but then again not really..you giving away your sperm (even with a contract) without a doctor involved=knocking a chick up the ol fashioned way and getting put in CHSP in the states eyes.. not saying its right, but its what it is
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    Stopitfive

Everybody knows that the law is ? . Everyone is just saying that ppl need to do a better job of covering their tracks. Dude is a ? for not making sure that contract was legit.

the reason why its "illegitimate" is ? ... it doesn't have to be that way...
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Slim85
    Slim85 Members Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    foul as ? ..

however who the ? goes on Craigslist like: hmmm need some $, let's see if there's any classy ladies buying sperm on Craigslist.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bumping
  • supYo
    supYo Members Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ?

i can never eat Döner again
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My question is why didn't they go to the courts so he could give up all legal rights to the child and the lesbian partner could legally adopt the child?