Eminem – The Marshall Mathers LP 2 Discussion Thread (Nov 5th)

Options

Comments

• blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a classic to me is an album that you don't have to hit the skip button.. this sir... skip.

Well then a classic doesn't exist b/c there isn't a album made w/o a skipable track
  • blu197
    Options
    It's more than 4 songs. People didn't like the last few albums he put out and this isn't a good start to this album. Of course you're going to get the reaction you're getting in this thread

Ems single selection has never been the best tho
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    It's more than 4 songs. People didn't like the last few albums he put out and this isn't a good start to this album. Of course you're going to get the reaction you're getting in this thread

Ems single selection has never been the best tho

Yeah the first single, not the forth. Me, I liked relapse and hell the sequel but others don't. I can just see their point of view
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a classic to me is an album that you don't have to hit the skip button.. this sir... skip.

Well then a classic doesn't exist b/c there isn't a album made w/o a skipable track

I can listen to makaveli all the way through no skip. when I'm in my M.j. music mood, I can listen to off the wall/thriller all the way through... I can listen to the blueprint all the way through.. illmatic too.. etc.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blueprint to me has several skipable tracks...
  • young_reezy
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Blueprint to me has several skipable tracks...

did I say bp.. meant to say reasonable doubt

• FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You got to have that radio song, tbh. We always hate on the radio joints.
    I'm still hyped for this.
  • blu197
    Options

I can listen to makaveli all the way through no skip. when I'm in my M.j. music mood, I can listen to off the wall/thriller all the way through... I can listen to the blueprint all the way through.. illmatic too.. etc.

That's you tho, your definition of a classic doesn't make sense b/c all those albums you've named have skipable tracks to a lot ppl and I'm sure there are millions who think those albums aren't good in general
  • young_reezy
    Options

That's you tho, your definition of a classic doesn't make sense b/c all those albums you've named have skipable tracks to a lot ppl and I'm sure there are millions who think those albums aren't good in general

you exactly right homie.. there is no facts in art it's all about your interpretation. which I can appreciate.. when it comes to me and music It's an acquired taste type thing..
  • FyHunnit
    Options
    One thing i absolutely hate with Em tho, is the fact that he always ends verse with the hook coming on.
    I hate that ? . He does it on almost every ? song.. the Hook starts with "monster", so he stops so that is the end of his verse. I'm not sure if i'm making sense here..
  • young_reezy
    Options
    MadSirius wrote: »
    One thing i absolutely hate with Em tho, is the fact that he always ends verse with the hook coming on.
    I hate that ? . He does it on almost every ? song.. the Hook starts with "monster", so he stops so that is the end of his verse. I'm not sure if i'm making sense here..

to me it just seems like he goes with a cookie cutter type formula on most of his new ? ..
  • FyHunnit
    Options

to me it just seems like he goes with a cookie cutter type formula on most of his new ? ..

Everybody is guilty for following that formula tho.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    The song decent, Ri carries the song with the hook, but it overshadows ems lyrics and flow.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Yea, I'm not feeling "Monster"
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    The song decent, Ri carries the song with the hook, overshadows ems lyrics and flow.

Smh @ em turning into b.o.b.
  • JerfyT
    JerfyT Members Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I get not liking Survival or Monster...but not liking Rap ? just means you don't appreciate rapping as an art form.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    The song decent, Ri carries the song with the hook, overshadows ems lyrics and flow.

Smh @ em turning into b.o.b.

At this point I'd much rather listen to Bobby Ray than Em. ? be sleepin on Bob. Dude can spit and is a musician. Plus, he's always had that alternative vibe about him. He hasn't changed his style all that much, despite what people say.

And if I'm gonna keep it all the funky: ? 'Em We Ball>>>>Recovery.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Headband >>>> em's singles for this album
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After that first album, I'll never sit through another b.o.b album again
  • herbalism101
    herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monster's dope....Writing's on point...I get what he's saying in the song and I get what he has to do to get the cd's off the shelf....Dude knows what he's doing....Im just waiting to hear the album......If he's already got the weeping homos ? off, Im sure he's not stopping there....
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotdayum @ some of the track times on this album,

Bad Guy 7:14
    Wicked Ways 6:34

Most tracks are 4-5 min long

I hope he's going the ? in. nh
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I know exactly what you're talking about
    I cant pinpoint an exact example
    But I get what you're saying

That ? is wack as hell, like dawg why you gotta do that? LOL

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only thing I hate about Em is when he explains his punch line, like really bruh?
  • L3NU
    L3NU Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    from reading the comments i thought this was gonna be the worst song of all time...its not great but its better than berzerk and survival...its the def of a mediocre track in my opinion
  • herbalism101
    herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options

Its called a segue(seg-way).....Monster is the next word after he stops.

He's not the only one who's done it.....