Memo to everyone: Don't F**k With Boston

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
Alicia Ann Lynch, a 22-year-old from Michigan, tweeted and instagrammed a photo of herself at work dressed as a Boston Marathon bombing victim for Halloween.

enhanced-buzz-24989-1383413382-11.jpg
Rebecca Brown@Chinchillazllla Follow
@SomeSKANKinMI People at the Boston Marathon died in terror and agony... and you looked at the images and thought "lol funny costume idea"?

9:54 PM - 1 Nov 13
Reply Retweet Favorite
kimberlyxo@kimberlyroslund Follow
@SomeSKANKinMI you are an absolutely disgusting human being.

6:15 PM - 31 Oct 13
Reply Retweet Favorite
LisainDallas@LisainDallas Follow
@mzbilly @mmurphycit @SomeSKANKinMI Wow. If she has kids, would she put them in bloodied Sandy Hook shirts?

6:14 PM - 31 Oct 13
Reply Retweet Favorite
Ryan Leech@RyanLeech7 Follow
@SomeSKANKinMI what'd you go as last year, a cancer victim?

6:15 PM - 31 Oct 13
Reply Retweet Favorite
JAELEENMEJIA@_JMej27 Follow
Just saw the Boston Marathon costume...insensitive, low, heartless 140 characters is not enough for such disrespect

9:28 PM - 1 Nov 13
Reply Retweet Favorite
It didn’t take users long to discover that Lynch had once posted a photo of her driver’s license and used the information to attack her. (Lynch’s personal information has been blurred out by BuzzFeed.)

enhanced-buzz-24294-1383413864-5.jpg
Mark ॐ@mchugh1073 Follow
I forgot you can anonymously send ? (literally, ? ) through the mail. I think @SomeSKANKinMI can expect a delivery

10:43 AM - 2 Nov 13
Reply Retweet Favorite
Keith Gilchrist@KeithGilchrist Follow
Alicia Ann Lynch @someskankinmi @shankaskank is the ? from MI who wore the marathon bombing costume. Make sure she fries, ignorant clam.

3:15 PM - 1 Nov 13
Reply Retweet Favorite
Josh Duhamel (TSS)@Jduham Follow
Is that chick with the marathon bombing halloween costume dead yet? have we killed her yet? If we havent, then what are we waiting for?

8:31 PM - 1 Nov 13
Reply Retweet Favorite
The Internet rage spun out of control as Twitter users took out their anger at Lynch by contacting her family. They also circulated nude pictures and videos of her found on Tumblr.
Lynch deleted all of her social media accounts, then later reopened her Twitter to attempt to be forgiven for her costume.
Alicia Ann Lynch@SomeSKANKinMI Follow
Plz stop with the death threats towards my parents. They did nothing wrong. I was the one in the wrong and I am paying for being insensitive

11:50 PM - 1 Nov 13
Reply Retweet Favorite
Please stop spreading around my parents number, and my home address. THEY DID NOTHING WRONG.

11:51 PM - 1 Nov 13
Reply Retweet Favorite

Comments

• 1CK1S
    Options
    Commenters on a Barstool Sports article about Lynch began to track down all of her information, including her employer and what they thought was her dad’s company.

enhanced-buzz-14230-1383414785-0.jpg
    Boston Marathon victim Sydney Corcoran, who was severely injured along with her mother, Celeste, also tweeted in anger at Lynch.
    Sydney Corcoran@Sydney23Lynne Follow
    @SomeSKANKinMI You should be ashamed, my mother lost both her legs and I almost died in the marathon. You need a filter.

11:06 AM - 2 Nov 13
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    In her reopened Twitter, Lynch said she had lost her job over the costume.
    I have been fired from my job. I am paying for what I thought was a simple joke. I know it was wrong now. I wasn't thinking.

11:54 PM - 1 Nov 13
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    I'm sorry.

12:04 AM - 2 Nov 13
    Reply Retweet Favorite

• 1CK1S
    Options
    Though the Internet anger continued into November, some tried to end the incessant attacks on Lynch, tweeting that they had forgiven her.
    Hannah@HanzBuhnanz Follow
    @SomeSKANKinMI You guys, stop. Cyber bullying another human being is not going to undo her actions. She has apologized.

1:58 PM - 2 Nov 13
    Reply Retweet Favorite

Hannah@HanzBuhnanz Follow
    @SomeSKANKinMI As someone who ran the marathon, I know that violent, angry responses are exactly what fueled the bombings to begin with.

1:58 PM - 2 Nov 13
    Reply Retweet Favorite

Tom Boucher@TomBoucherNH Follow
    @SomeSKANKinMI everyone makes mistakes. You'll get a second chance. Stay classy and above the fray.

12:27 PM - 2 Nov 13
    Reply Retweet Favorite

Twid Blight@TheTwidster Follow
    @SomeSKANKinMI As a Bostonian, I forgive you. I am glad that you have not killed yourself, and I seriously hope you learned your lesson.

1:10 AM - 2 Nov 13
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    Update Nov. 3, 12:50 p.m.: Lynch reached out to BuzzFeed to express her regret at her costume choice. She also chastised those who wished harm on her, saying she would never wish what happened to her on someone else.
    It seems as though my outfit was too soon, and will always be that way, it was wrong of me and very distasteful. My costume was not meant to disrespect anyone, ever. I am truly sorry to anyone that I may have offended or hurt with this. I know my apology doesn’t ever fix anything that has been done, but at least know that I am being sincere.

I can’t undo my actions or make up for them, but my apology is a start.

I myself have been through tragic events, I just handle mine differently because that is how I was taught to. I realize I was in the wrong with this and again, I am truly sorry.

I wore a costume to work, with people that know me, and wouldn’t get offended by it. I had even ran the idea by a friend whom had his father in the marathon and he didn’t have an issue with it.

What I did may have been wrong, but is it truly right to wish harm upon someone and say that you’re doing it for the victims? As being a part of a tragic event I never would ever wish what had happened to me upon someone else, as I can say most people wouldn’t wish death upon someone to ‘make it right’.

Lynch also claims she didn’t post the apology tweets under her username @someSKANKinMI.
    “I had apologized a few hours after posting and the apology went to deaf ears and blind eyes, so I had deleted all my social accounts. It seems someone is trying to look out for me and help me make things better, which I also greatly appreciate,” she said.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White people in they feelings
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    So, don't ? with Boston because you'll get Internet bullied?

Okay..

Internet bullying has lead to a lot of suicides.
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Once again.... White people have the worst sense of humor. smh
  • Antlerz
    Antlerz Members Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boston is a racist city,so ? them and everybody who lives there.

Yea I'm up here right now working this chef gig. Had to get in a few of these white boys faces for giving me ? looks.
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea Boston one of the most racist citys in the us so no ? given
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    They've already doxxed her. Next year she should dress up as a 9/11 victim. Then a dead American soldier the year after.

Stir up more white feelings. B/c it's hilarious and they deserve it.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I will violate her repeatedly
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    icks86 wrote: »
    It seems as though my outfit was too soon, and will always be that way, it was wrong of me and very distasteful. My costume was not meant to disrespect anyone, ever. I am truly sorry to anyone that I may have offended or hurt with this. I know my apology doesn’t ever fix anything that has been done, but at least know that I am being sincere.

I can’t undo my actions or make up for them, but my apology is a start.

I myself have been through tragic events, I just handle mine differently because that is how I was taught to. I realize I was in the wrong with this and again, I am truly sorry.

I wore a costume to work, with people that know me, and wouldn’t get offended by it. I had even ran the idea by a friend whom had his father in the marathon and he didn’t have an issue with it.

What I did may have been wrong, but is it truly right to wish harm upon someone and say that you’re doing it for the victims? As being a part of a tragic event I never would ever wish what had happened to me upon someone else, as I can say most people wouldn’t wish death upon someone to ‘make it right’.

lol Her apology just shows how dumb she is. So she's been through a tragedy, but couldn't see that what she was doing might be a stupid idea until after she caught heat for it? Then she brings up the fact that she wore it to a work party where she knew people wouldn't take offense to it. Ok, but then why put the pics up on the net for everybody to see?

I'm not a sensitive dude. Sometimes funny stuff can come out of tragic situations. I don't even see the humor in the ? these white people do for Halloween. Seriously, where's the funny part? How is dressing up like someone that was injured in a tragic event appropriate in any way? It doesn't make sense, but then again, what should we expect from a chick that refers to herself as some skank in MI.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White people and their weird humor.....cosign fellaz smash the insensitive out of her.
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    where at in Michigan exactly?
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smash tho... this ? even nastier than kat with the photos. She don't give a ? .
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @sully I dont get u , r u a dont tolerate racism guy or are u just a guy who doesnt tolerate racism to non-whites.