Whose rapping abilities fell off more: Jay-Z or Eminem

Options
joeyfkncrakk
joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2013 in The Reason
Two of my all time greats but it's starting to show that they are both kinda over the hill, Magna Carta Holy Grail was the worse put together album I've ever looked forward to coming from Jay... I was highly looking forward to MMLP2 but from what I've heard so far Eminem can barely even stay on beat of a song and is lost lyrically from what I hear so far... I need to check that album more to cast my opinion more heavily but it's apparent both dudes are on their last albums... Whose flow and rap is sounding worse from the two all timers tho?

Whose rapping abilities fell off more: Jay-Z or Eminem 102 votes

Jay-Z
65%
willhustlethe ghostjoeyfkncrakknex ginMarcusGarveynillerthekidsr_the_freshmangman82Stewdodgerbluemdotnohiphop1tompetrez3KINGECVIBEBig JamesCoolJoeMr.LVReppinTimeyroholla 67 votes
Eminem
34%
shizzadwade206almighty breezemiamivice305double0sugeaffirmallchanceqtipp73MECCA1000mryounggunDOPEdweebzL.O.S.T.Caintexasdaking88BobOblahStoneColdMikey[Deleted User]Confidential PlayaJabu_Rulekacee139Valentinez A. Kaiser 35 votes

Comments

• gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z
    Eminem proved his rapping ability is above everyone's on rap ?
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z
    Jay-z....In terms on technically ability EM never fell off... music/album making is another story. Em is off beat on MMLP2 is a first Flow on this album shouldn't be a criticism but its the net you hear it all....Same with Jay-z there flow is not an issue.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    Jay-Z
    I need to hear the rap ? joint all the way thru after the first 4 bars I turned my iPad off and went to work...
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Two of my all time greats but it's starting to show that they are both kinda over the hill, Magna Carta Holy Grail was the worse put together album I've ever looked forward to coming from Jay... I was highly looking forward to MMLP2 but from what I've heard so far Eminem can barely even stay on beat of a song and is lost lyrically from what I hear so far... I need to check that album more to cast my opinion more heavily but it's apparent both dudes are on their last albums... Whose flow and rap is sounding worse from the two all timers tho?

BP2 no longer exists?
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    Jay-Z
    Nah bro I ? with bp2 over Magna Carta and Jay-z half hearted bars... The dude said "ughhh" between every bar
  • Already Home_17
    Options
    Nah bro I ? with bp2 over Magna Carta and Jay-z half hearted bars... The dude said "ughhh" between every bar

yeah he been doing that ? since 09. BP2 woulda been better if it was just 1 disc. it was too cluttered. so for you to say MCHG was the worse put together jay-z lp you've showed interest in threw me off, unless you wasnt looking forward to BP2 and KC
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eminem
    Berserk...

...that is all
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eminem
    Best songs on MCHG>>>>best songs on MMLP2

They both have fallen the difference to me is one still seems like he can but he just choose not to while the other you can tell is giving you his best it's just not as good as it use to be
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    Jay-Z
    Bp2 has classic joints on there.... MCHG has all garbage on there
  • Ol' Fred
    Ol' Fred Members Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    both have fell tha ? off in terms of ability IMO!
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    Jay-Z
    Kingdom come is better than people say... Has a few classic Jay songs on there too... Outside of that fkn Hollywood bs and maybe another filler I can still listen to that cd today bro...not his best but still better than a lot today actually... Jay-Z standards are just that high
  • Already Home_17
    Options
    Bp2 has classic joints on there.... MCHG has all garbage on there

Picasso baby, F.U.T.W., oceans, fuckwitme..., crown, heaven, jay-z blue, nickels and dimes, on the run garbage?

*shrugs* aight lol the only garbage songs on the album to me were holy grail and versus
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z
    Bad guy>>>>>>the whole mchg
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont think they fell of Lyrically, I dont really listen to Em like that now but the stuff I have heard doesnt seem below his norm, Hov is still Hov, he has just grown he raps about an affluent lifestyle that is hard to really relate to he raps about Picasso's, Warhols and Riccardo Tisci Givenchy, but he still gets busy. I consider falling off what Wayne did.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Jay-Z's rapping regressed, Eminem's content regressed too. They both seemed to sacrifice one thing in order to enhance the other.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z

BP2 no longer exists?

Why do ? hate this album? It wasn't bad for a double album. Just take out the songs you don't like, I'm sure you can find at least 10 dope songs on there and call it an album. ? can't front on Hovi Baby, The Watcher 2, Meet The Parents, etc.
  • Already Home_17
    Options

see, there are opinions
    then there's just stupidity
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Both of them can still rap tho.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z
    Im still wondering how Thread Starter said Flow fell off... Both Jay and Em ride the ? outta the beats given and change up constantly...Em gave you multiple flows on Rap ? Alone. If you want to talk..production, chrouses/hooks, subject matter/concepts or album sequence but flow cmon son.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z

see, there are opinions
    then there's just stupidity

Really? So what songs on mchg are lyrically better?
  • Already Home_17
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »

BP2 no longer exists?

Why do ? hate this album? It wasn't bad for a double album. Just take out the songs you don't like, I'm sure you can find at least 10 dope songs on there and call it an album. ? can't front on Hovi Baby, The Watcher 2, Meet The Parents, etc.

yeah he been doing that ? since 09. BP2 woulda been better if it was just 1 disc. it was too cluttered. so for you to say MCHG was the worse put together jay-z lp you've showed interest in threw me off, unless you wasnt looking forward to BP2 and KC

• The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Both of them can still rap tho.

Great Point, even in their "regression" they cant be ? with, Period.