SMDH: CNN’s Don Lemon on ‘Stop & Frisk’:‘Would You Rather Be Politically Correct or Safe and Alive..

Options

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    if supporting a policy that targets blacks for no reason aint Uncle Tom behavior i don't know what is...
    u can't b serious at this point...

Are you serious?...He lamented over the way it's executed...Like you, he doesn't like the way minorities are treated because of it and would like that to change...But he sees an overall benefit...You just wanna call him a Tom...
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't like how the police are racial profiling. they should at least say "hello ? " before they harass them for being black...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    if supporting a policy that targets blacks for no reason aint Uncle Tom behavior i don't know what is...

Are you serious?...He lamented over the way it's executed...Like you, he doesn't like the way minorities are treated because of it and would like that to change...But he sees an overall benefit...You just wanna call him a Tom...

Like I said already ain't no nice way to stop me and ask me to search my pockets simply because I'm.black and somewhere that day a black guy committed a crime somewhere so why not stop them all
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    he's not an Uncle Tom?

what is he?

Point out one part of this statement that likens him to an uncle Tom, b...One...If anything, he showed that he is connected to the concerns of minorities when it comes to the reality of this law...He just feels that I'd the law is completely taken away, crime will go back up in the city...If he's wrong on that fine...But there's nothing Coonish, tommish, or jiggabooish bout what he said...

Bruh, you seem to believe that ? about crime being down in the city as a result of "stop and frisk"...

Here's what a quick google search of "does stop and frisk work" yielded:

publicadvocate_race_chart1.png

stop_frisk_outcomes.png

Do you look at those stats and think it's successful and worth people giving up their individual freedom over ?

Not to mention them ? been "stopping and frisking" for decades, during which time violent crimes were occurring just as much. They were publishing "crime down" stories meanwhile ? was gettin' murked in the hood everyday. That's the slant the mayor and media put out to make ? look sweet - meanwhile you could click the next article and read about someone getting shot.

And how is this guy "connected to the concerns of minorities" when he appears to be siding with a law that disproportionately targets them ? As a matter of fact, I think it shows that he's very disconnected.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    nah he knows that ? is bs... his argument now is that Lemon aint an Uncle Tom...
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    ^^^ I posted all that ? already...I'm off that...
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Like I said already ain't no nice way to stop me and ask me to search my pockets simply because I'm.black and somewhere that day a black guy committed a crime somewhere so why not stop them all

If it wasn't about race...If the numbers were equal, or if more people in white neighborhoods were stopped...What would be your problem with the law?...I think it's wrong cause unless I show probable cause, ? you...The people, black and white, who are supporting it think it's right because they feel like it's a necessary safeguard to catch criminals...He's not supporting racial profiling, he's supporting the regulated search and seizure of people who exhibit criminal behavior on the street...
  • 7figz
    edited November 2013
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

If it wasn't about race...If the numbers were equal, or if more people in white neighborhoods were stopped...What would be your problem with the law?...I think it's wrong cause unless I show probable cause, ? you...The people, black and white, who are supporting it think it's right because they feel like it's a necessary safeguard to catch criminals...He's not supporting racial profiling, he's supporting the regulated search and seizure of people who exhibit criminal behavior on the street...

Regarding the bolded, where did Lemon qualify his statement that only "people who exhibit criminal behavior" should be searched ?

I didn't read that in the initial post. It sounds like he's saying as long as the cops do it politely, then it would be ok.

If that's what he said, then he deserves the backlash. I don't know who he thinks he's speaking for but it damn sure isn't me.

And if you agree that it isn't effective then why would any minority (who isn't a ? ) want to inflict that type of harassment on other minorities ?

• A1000MILES
    Options
    He obviously doesn't agree that it isn't effective, and he's obviously spoken with other minorities who feel that way, or else he wouldn't een pose that question at the end...He obviously is concerned with public safety, electoral process, and the reputation of New York City...
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I honestly don't even see what the discussion is about here.

Dom Lemon is a ? . He's proven this before, most recently with his List of things African Americans in America should do to assimilate, and make Whites feel more comfortable. Regarding the issue at hand, 'Stop & Frisk' has been PROVEN to essentially be Racial Profiling via the Law. That's what it is, racial profiling. Disproportionately accusing and assuming Black and Brown people under the guise of "Making People feel Safe / Safeguarding the Community." It's bullshyt, it's obvious, and it's really not even something worth defending; But again, Dom Lemon is an Uncle Tom, Turn-Coat ? , so this type of behavior / commentary is expected from him..

The ONLY way for 'Stop & Frisk' to be just as practiced, is if Black People are undeniably responsible for more crime than any other ethnic group, basically everywhere in this country ~ Which Is Not True. But White People sure would have us believe that, wouldn't they. But hey, whether we believe it or not, they're STILL acting on that premise.

It's Wrong, it's Racial, and it's Ridiculous. Period.
  • 7figz
    Options
    He obviously doesn't agree that it isn't effective, and he's obviously spoken with other minorities who feel that way, or else he wouldn't een pose that question at the end...He obviously is concerned with public safety, electoral process, and the reputation of New York City...

Bruh, proof or he could gtfoh. I never met one person in NY that was ok with cops harassing them - unless they was a ? . This ? is obviously saying something that more people disagree with than agree with and that's why he's gettin' ? on.
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    An unpopular opinion based on your own idividual view makes you a ? ...?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    no, but supporting white supremacist talking points and policies does...
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    Lol, okay...Y'all got it...
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    u put up a hell of a fight tho...lol
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    I always do...
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    An unpopular opinion based on your own idividual view makes you a ? ...?

He's justifying White People stereotyping Black People, as a Black Person. Yeah, that makes him a ? .
    An opinion that's unpopular among the Black Community (which Dom Lemon belongs to whether he wants to or not), because it sides with White Poeple's racist, ignorant, stereotyped, INCORRECT views of African Americans, cast by a Black Male in America on National Television, indeed does make one a ? .

The fact that it's his opinion doesn't matter. It being an opinion means nothing, Especially if it's factually incorrect AND reflecting of what those who stereotype you (Whites) think.
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    Options
    he's not an Uncle Tom?

what is he?

He's Tom's uncle.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He came out the closet twice.
  • Hyde Parke
    Options
    And those of u defending it soley based on it being the law are forgetting it was once against the law for blacks to vote,
  • Hyde Parke
    edited November 2013
    Options
    marry interacially, sit anywhere on a bus and a whole lotta other ? .

(mobile actin up post)
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @a1000miles you really defending stop and frisk ? foh b
  • A1000MILES
    Options
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let miles cook