Eminem – The Marshall Mathers LP 2 Discussion Thread (Nov 5th)

Options

Comments

• mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This album is dope. Em pieced together all the ? from his other albums and made a good ass album.

Bars for days gonna have to listen to this ? a few times to catch everything. The hook on So Much Better is ? /elementary.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FourEfil wrote: »

I gave you a G.O.A.T. only cuz of the blackmoon version. That album is criminally underrated.

Who got da props
    bucktown
    how many mcs
    slave

not a dull moment on that album
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Em predicted to do 700k-750k first week
    2nd biggest first week sales this year behind JT

Got dayum the ? that'll give you a nosebleed, didn't he also put out deluxe versions that cost $300 a pop ? Maaaannnnn this ? makes no sense LOLOL. He been in the game for nearly 20 years and he STILL sells like a blockbuster movie got dayum..... good for him tho.

This morning I was reading the paper & in the Toronto Sun they rated it a perfect 4 outta 4 stars. People telling me it's his best work since The Eminem Show. I aint heard the album yet in full but so far the critical acclaim looking good.

It almost close to that but that's what the channeling vibe is when it comes to listening to this album. I will say this is better than his last 2 though.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blue Chips 2 ? on MMLP2.. the self proclaimed "Rap ? " can't even drop a better album than Bronson's mixtape..

That "Don't Front" track by Em is decent though..

Yet and still..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6WtSuUh4mI

>>>>>..
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    ^^thats shocking comin from you
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just brought my copy from Best Buy. Ironically, the lady that sold it told name was Kim.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    An observation I found interesting reading reviews seems that some critics are down scoring the album cause of the "homophobia and misogyny" Idk if I ever seen other rap albums get downgraded or lower rated on that basis. It does seem compared to most MC"s.. Em get more flack that other MC's in hiphop don't.
  • FyHunnit
    Options
    Blue Chips 2 ? on MMLP2.. the self proclaimed "Rap ? " can't even drop a better album than Bronson's mixtape..

That "Don't Front" track by Em is decent though..

Yet and still..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6WtSuUh4mI

>>>>>..

Don't bore us with some got damn Joey Badd ? ? . That song is garbo.
  • FyHunnit
    Options
    "My hustle has a sign that says Don't Knock" ? had me LOLing
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still haven't bothered to listen to this album
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    An observation I found interesting reading reviews seems that some critics are down scoring the album cause of the "homophobia and misogyny" Idk if I ever seen other rap albums get downgraded or lower rated on that basis. It does seem compared to most MC"s.. Em get more flack that other MC's in hiphop don't.

Cause Eminem is the only mainstream artist nowadays that says the word ? on the regular and he doesn't give a ? about being politically correct.
  • JerfyT
    JerfyT Members Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yep, pretty much all of them. They also drastically misinterpret the lyrics as well, such as having no idea Bad Guy is Stan pt 2, that the end is his "lack of conscience" speaking to him, not to the listener, etc. Some reviews are also knocking the score down because it is TOO lyrical and technically proficient. Seriously? WTF is that ? ?
  • JerfyT
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

Cause Eminem is the only mainstream artist nowadays that says the word ? on the regular and he doesn't give a ? about being politically correct.

Tyler the Creator is pretty mainstream.
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FourEfil wrote: »

this is direct example of how being all "lyrical" spitting all different types of flows or multis aint necessarily the best way to always flow on a track.

eminem clearly is killing it lyrically with mad multis and inner rhymes and all that ? ppl overvalue
    buckshot just flowing in his normal aggressive style which is nice, but not nearly as lyrical as eminem, yet comes off much better.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Prolly cuz they expect him to "know better" cuz he's white. People tend to forget that the kids that buy his records come from the same safe places he's been exposing for years, and that ? the critics off. We can sell ? to our own and degrade OUR women, but we can't call out middle America for their hypocrisies. That's Em in a nutshell. Same reason PE and NWA ? critics off in the 80s.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JerfyT wrote: »

Eminem is much more mainstream than Tyler the Creator
  • JerfyT
    Options
    JerfyT wrote: »

Eminem is much more mainstream than Tyler the Creator

I don't disagree at all...Just saying that, yes, there are other mainstream acts that use the word or just have homophobic statements in their music. Interestingly enough both Tyler and Em have publicly shown support for ? rights. I think it's stupid. It's like having a problem with Bryan Cranston because Walter White cooks ? and kills people.
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I make elevating music
    You make elevator music
    Oh, he's too mainstream
    Well, that's what they do
    And they get jealous, they confuse it
    It's not hip hop, it's pop
    Cause I found a hella way to fuse it
    With rock, shock rap with Doc
    Throw on Lose Yourself and make 'em lose it
    I don't know how to make songs like that
    I don't know what words to use
    Let me know when it occurs to you
    While I'm ripping any one of these verses diverse as you
    It's curtains, I'm inadvertently hurtin' you
    How many verses I gotta murder to
    Prove that if you're half as nice at songs
    You can sacrifice virgins too
    School flunkie, pill junky
    But look at the accolades these skills brung me
    Full of myself, but still hungry
    I bully myself cause I make me do what I put my mind to
    When I'm a million leagues above you
    I'll when I speak in tongues
    But it's still tongue in cheek, ? you
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same thing happened to Tyler's album
  • JamieShea88
    JamieShea88 Members Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Options
    I can see where People saying 'lyrics are amazing, beats not so much' are coming from but to me hip hop is more about lyrics and always has been. Each to their own but I remember as a kid I only cared about beats, barely listened to words but if it had a hot beat it had me. Then as I grew up I started to really appreciate lyricism. Each to their own though as I say, it depends it's about what you want in an album as to whether you rate it or not.
  • JamieShea88
    Options
    Btw why do people say 'got damn' on this forum? I thought it was a typo at first but I keep seeing it. You know the phrase is ? damn right? Got is a verb, it makes no sense next to the word damn.
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Btw why do people say 'got damn' on this forum? I thought it was a typo at first but I keep seeing it. You know the phrase is ? damn right? Got is a verb, it makes no sense next to the word damn.

cause some ppl care baout not using lord's name in vein you little ?
    foh
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

*never heard a Black person speak post*
  • JamieShea88
    Options
    Really? Did you really just end your post to me like that? And if that's the case why not just say "damn"?
  • JerfyT
    Options

cause some ppl care baout not using lord's name in vein you little ?
    foh

I guess everybody has some stupid little superstition they follow.