alejandro
alejandro Members Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
Painting by barnett newman. onement.jpg

Comments

• Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bwahahahahahaaaaa

a vertical flatline that one would see on a heart monitor going "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep"
  • Gucci Scott King
    Gucci Scott King Members Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't get the hate. Looking at this painting while listening to some ambient music, has made me realize the different kinds of beauty that exists in the world. It gives me hope, that people are still pushing boundaries, stepping outside the box, not following the crowd. Paintings like this come once in a lifetime and we should all be thankful to be able to live in the lifetime this painting was created.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I did that ? in second grade, cuh...Like litrally that...
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks no worse than "The Persistence of Memory".
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't get the hate. Looking at this painting while listening to some ambient music, has made me realize the different kinds of beauty that exists in the world. It gives me hope, that people are still pushing boundaries, stepping outside the box, not following the crowd. Paintings like this come once in a lifetime and we should all be thankful to be able to live in the lifetime this painting was created.

Puuuuuuuhhhleasssse.
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do a lil research into the art world and i bet u'll stop laughing when i see how much some of those lame ? pieces go for.
  • BarryHalls
    Options
    Lurker6 wrote: »
    Do a lil research into the art world and i bet u'll stop laughing when i see how much some of those lame ? pieces go for.

Oh no doubt. Art is big business but I'm not a fan of these type of pieces. Abstract and some graff is more of my taste. I just find it funny how some folks will go crazy of blood splatter patterns on a canvas. They be like "Oh my goodness. Thee emotion! I can just feel it! Bravo! I must have it. Heres a million dollars."
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    alejandro wrote: »
    Painting by barnett newman. onement.jpg

The are coming

Alien.gif.html
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RaySwift wrote: »

Oh no doubt. Art is big business but I'm not a fan of these type of pieces. Abstract and some graff is more of my taste. I just find it funny how some folks will go crazy of blood splatter patterns on a canvas. They be like "Oh my goodness. Thee emotion! I can just feel it! Bravo! I must have it. Heres a million dollars."
    Well you know what they say, beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.
  • BarryHalls
    Options
    Kameron! wrote: »
    RaySwift wrote: »

Well you know what they say, beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

im-just-saying.jpg
  • SuperSoulBrotha23
    SuperSoulBrotha23 Members Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Options
    this remind me of the wayans brothers episode
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rb3Pc8a2CM
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its just blue bro
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    I'm drawing a black line on a white canvas, and I'm calling it "The Struggle"

hahaha got damn bruh...

goat
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options
    I just made a piece of my own in MS Paint it's called "Oh you thought you knew what you was doin, huh?"

2hnaook.png

It's a story of a person set out on a goal. Slowly travelling down what they think is the path to get there and then having to veer off at the very end of what seemed like a straight shot. The black dots represent outliers along the way...the first of which was unsuccessful (at the top) the second of which (at the bottom) caused the person to get off their path.
    A painting with such a simple explanation is far from being quality abstraction.

Behold, the true pinnacle of nonobjective artwork:
    QlecaTW.jpg
    Mark Rothko – “No. 13 (White, Red on Yellow)” – Oil and Acrylic on canvas -1958. “It was with the utmost reluctance that I found the figure could not serve my purposes. But a time came when none of us could use the figure without mutilating it.” “The progression of a painter’s work as it travels in time from point to point, will be toward clarity – toward the elimination of all obstacles between the painter and the idea – and the idea and the observer. To achieve this clarity is inevitably to be understood.” “Since my pictures are large, colorful and unframed, and since museum walls are usually immense and formidable, there is the danger that the pictures relate themselves as decorative areas to the walls. This would be a distortion of their meaning, since the pictures are intimate and intense, and are the opposite of what is decorative.” “I’m not an abstractionist. I’m not interested in the relationship of color or form or anything else. I’m interested only in expressing basic human emotions: tragedy, ecstasy, doom, and so on.”

His ? has sold for around twice the price of the painting in this thread.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options
    $72 million:
    White_Center_%28Yellow%2C_Pink_and_Lavender_on_Rose%29.jpg

$87 million:
    Orange%2C_Red%2C_Yellow.jpg
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn i need to start painting.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Damn i need to start painting.
    Gonna have to die off to collect the money off your paintings tho.
  • Premeer
    Premeer Members Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    $72 million:
    White_Center_%28Yellow%2C_Pink_and_Lavender_on_Rose%29.jpg

$87 million:
    Orange%2C_Red%2C_Yellow.jpg

im in the wrong biness.