Better rapper Vol. 50: Common or Tupac

Options

Comments

• Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Common
    PAC my fav but this is Rapper and Common I think wins mostly cause of how he kills PAC lyrically.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Common
    Surprised at how close this is. About the only thing I'd give PAC is the flow catagory because common was off at times
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Common
    Well if Cube nicer than Pac and and Common made light work out of Cube then...
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Tupac
    I ? with packs music more so I vote him
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Tupac
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »
    LOL @ 2pac being a better rapper than Common. Only on the internet post death.

I like both but the 2pac-ism is ridiculous. Both got dope albums. Stop brushing Common's catalouge just because you're more familiar with 2pac's. "Resurrection", "Be", "Finding Forever", "Like Water For Chocolate", "One Day It'll All Make Sense", "The Dreamer/Believer" are all extremely dope albums &/or classic.

LOL, just because someone favors Pac's catalog or thinks it's better doesn't mean Common's catalog is being brushed aside. This isn't exactly a wash either way. It's not like people don't reduce Pac to some ABC mediocre lyricist every time he's compared to another lyricist.

I don't see how it's laughable to think Pac is a better rapper than Common and vice versa. It's expected though because people did the same thing in the Common vs. Nas thread. Just because people favored Nas, it was assumed that common's catalog and skill were being slighted.

As for that only on the internet post death comment, Pac would've been considered better than Common by a lot of people from '92-'96. In fact, you're more likely to see Common and Pac compared on the Internet than a conversation taking place outside of the Internet. By that logic, one could assume that Common being the underdog is working in his favor.
  • bindayvez79
    bindayvez79 Members Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac
    What makes common so much better in the internet eyes. I just think it's the hate for Pac that would fix your mouths to say Common is better.No way No how. And I'm not a Common hater but there's no way he's ? with Pac.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Common
    lol this ? is mad tight nh.
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Common

I like both but the 2pac-ism is ridiculous. Both got dope albums. Stop brushing Common's catalouge just because you're more familiar with 2pac's. "Resurrection", "Be", "Finding Forever", "Like Water For Chocolate", "One Day It'll All Make Sense", "The Dreamer/Believer" are all extremely dope albums &/or classic.

LOL, just because someone favors Pac's catalog or thinks it's better doesn't mean Common's catalog is being brushed aside. This isn't exactly a wash either way. It's not like people don't reduce Pac to some ABC mediocre lyricist every time he's compared to another lyricist.

I don't see how it's laughable to think Pac is a better rapper than Common and vice versa. It's expected though because people did the same thing in the Common vs. Nas thread. Just because people favored Nas, it was assumed that common's catalog and skill were being slighted.

As for that only on the internet post death comment, Pac would've been considered better than Common by a lot of people from '92-'96. In fact, you're more likely to see Common and Pac compared on the Internet than a conversation taking place outside of the Internet. By that logic, one could assume that Common being the underdog is working in his favor.

Wth are you talking about? I was being specific to a few in here who were talking about catalogues & dismissing Commons.

And heeeeeeeeeeeell no is 2pac a better RAPPER than Common, GTFOH. You not even making sense in that long as post. Of course some ppl wouldve considered 2pac better cuz 2pac was more popular, but does that make it facts when Common has 2pac beat in almost every cataegory RAP WISE? Trust me, there would be alooooooooooot of hip-hop heads arguing for Common from 1994 & on. It was just that he was put in that "underground" esque catagory so he didnt have the fame.

I cant even believe this goofy ass ? really tryna tell me or argue that 2pac is a better rapper than Common..lmao, smh.

Eas off these nuts bruh.
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac
    Not even sure how Common has more than maybe 3 votes in this.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Common
    ? stay confusing what rapping is with influence and popularity
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Common
    ? stay confusing what rapping is with influence and popularity

Kind of agree. ? is in here actin' like they're voting for Prom Queen, on the merits of popularity.

Doesn't make any sense to me. You can go song for song, and I feel as if Common would outrap, outflow, and overall out-song Pac in a number of side by sides.

This does not take away the fact that Pac is one of, if not the most influential ? in history. But it is what it is.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac
    I voted for Tupac. Common is dope but his voice gets kinda irritating after a while.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac
    I swear to ? a ? who say common flow better than PAC can't say ? to me

I ? with Common but I done heard Lil B ride a beat better than Common
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac
    common got one muthafuckin song i can listen to witout throwin up and thats that ? used to come on wit bet wit bilala the light or whatever, i dont know where you ? is from, but please stay the ? over there

i hate you ? , "im puttin cases, on all you ? !"
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    Options
    Tupac
    BIGG WILL wrote: »

cuz these ? is a buncha ? weirdos and white boys
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Common
    See ? in their feelings
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Common
    SWAMPGOD wrote: »
    BIGG WILL wrote: »

cuz these ? is a buncha ? weirdos and white boys

Shrug3.gif
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    Options
    Tupac
    CJ wrote: »
    See ? in their feelings

you gon come drag me out dem ? a what boy, aint you from alabama, you stay wit some passive aggressive ? in yo mouth
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac
    Gotta love the reason logic... Where ? say common is a better rapper then 2pac but then turn around and say jay z isn't in 2pac league
    *kanye shrug*
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Common
    Rap Skills Measurement

Flow=
    Lyrics=
    Content=
    Vocab=
    Delivery=
    Creativity=
    Punchlines=

• Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Common
    Rap Skills Measurement

Flow=Pac
    Lyrics=Common easily
    Content=Pac
    Vocab=Common
    Delivery=Pac
    Creativity= ?
    Punchlines=Common by a bit, to me Pac didnt use punchlines that much except a few times

how I see it .

Creativity are u referring to the versatility they have ?
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac
    Rap Skills Measurement

Flow=
    Lyrics=
    Content=
    Vocab=
    Delivery=
    Creativity=
    Punchlines=

Flow=pac
    Lyrics=common
    Content=pac
    Vocab=common
    Delivery=pac
    Creativity=even
    Punchlines=neither

Verdict=toss up......

Meaning ppl who say it's a landslide for either is buggin it can go either way imo
  • Heavy In The Game
    Heavy In The Game Members Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac
    Makaveli the Don
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac

Wth are you talking about? I was being specific to a few in here who were talking about catalogues & dismissing Commons.

And heeeeeeeeeeeell no is 2pac a better RAPPER than Common, GTFOH. You not even making sense in that long as post. Of course some ppl wouldve considered 2pac better cuz 2pac was more popular, but does that make it facts when Common has 2pac beat in almost every cataegory RAP WISE? Trust me, there would be alooooooooooot of hip-hop heads arguing for Common from 1994 & on. It was just that he was put in that "underground" esque catagory so he didnt have the fame.

I cant even believe this goofy ass ? really tryna tell me or argue that 2pac is a better rapper than Common..lmao, smh.

Eas off these nuts bruh.

As already stated, neither of them is clearly better than the other. How am I not making sense? A lot of people considered Pac as great before he died and more than likely had him over Common during that period.

How exactly is it a fact that Common's beat Pac in almost every category Rap wise? That's an opinion.

2Pac was revered for making songs like "Brenda's Got A Baby" while people wrote Common's debut Can I Borrow A Dollar off as a sub-par debut. It wasn't until '94 that people took notice to Common and a lot of them problem wouldn't have put on par with Pac even as great as Resurrection is.

I didn't place Common in an underground esque category. I stated that he's the underdog in this match up.

You are crticizing me, yet you're riding for Common as if your life depended on it to the degree that you act like it's an undeniable fact that Common is>>>>>>.