2»

Comments

• 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was ignorant on first listen seeing the video on tv , turned the channel immediately and dismissed him as some skateboard ass dude didnt give the record a chance. (Was too dumb to even realize this was homie that snapped on Touch the Sky. Mind you I flipped the channel so fast I didn't even catch dudes name).

Sometime later finally got around to giving Lu's music a chance (did it strictly of off his TTS feature) and downloaded all his mixtapes became an instant fan. Realized this was dude from the video. Went back and listened to Kick, Push for real and ? with it hardbody.

Now Lu one of my favorite rappers ever.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked it but I didn't really ? with it but I always found myself saying
    "so we kick push x4 coast"
    I was thinking damn I actually like this ? .
    Looked more into his music and couldn't believe how dope this ? was.
    been in my top 5 favorite ever since.
    I don't care that he didn't skate the ? was just telling a story. Guess what your favorite rapper never caught a body.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GKMC is basically the F&L of these modern times. Kendrick's ? is getting just as much mainstream love as the "ratchet,turnup, molly" sh*t

Yup, F&L is just bad timing in terms of the era when it dropped.
  • dollarandadream
    dollarandadream Members Posts: 236
    Options
    I used to bump this every morning while going to school
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heard it first time on MTV in '06

Loved it first time

Became a fan and own all his albums
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everyone at school hated this but they nvr knew ? . This waa wen i got heavy into smoking with my homies and this would b on rapcity. Showing humboldt park and the pr flag. Loved it.
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is still dope. It was one of my favorite songs when it dropped and on the strength of this and his verse on Touch the Sky, I copped his 1st n 15 Mixtapes and the album. I liked Food and Liquor and some of his second album. Haven't really kept up with him lately. I kinda liked the song he did using the TROY beat. Battle Scars is a good song too.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The same way i felt back then, that it was wack. The rest of the album >>>>> that single.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Classic, at one point I thought lupe was top 3 doa
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this, along with the other main singles were pretty much the only songs i liked from his first 2 albums
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Why is that people seem to have different explainations for the meaning of the song?

The song is basically about life & the skateboard thing is like a metaphor, right?

Cuz people have all types of various opinions about what the song is about.

Now that i listen to it the song & the lyrics are dope. I didn't like it at first, then got cool with it & now it actually sounds dope. Maybe cuz i understand it more & i'm way more open to different types of hip-hop now.

Btw, how many posts do you need to start a thread? Can't see the start a thread button so anybody know?
  • nillerthekid
    nillerthekid Members Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »
    Why is that people seem to have different explainations for the meaning of the song?

The song is basically about life & the skateboard thing is like a metaphor, right?

Now that i listen to it the song & the lyrics are dope. I didn't like it at first, then got cool with it & now it actually sounds dope. Maybe cuz i understand it more & i'm way more open to different types of hip-hop now.

Btw, how many posts do you need to start a thread? Can't see the start a thread button so anybody know?

1. I believe you're right, skateboarding is a metaphor bout life, "always" been the way I saw it...
    2. 300 post to make a new thread
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »

1. I believe you're right, skateboarding is a metaphor bout life, "always" been the way I saw it...
    2. 300 post to make a new thread

1. Yeah, i figured.
    2. 300? Jesus.

Appreciate you answering back though.
  • Leviathan616
    Leviathan616 Members Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought this song was dope. I became a Lupe fan with that song.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? whole vibe was way different at that time I was really feeling that joint. Compare that to homie now and it's like what the heck happened. I was counting on him to be the ? that stay true to a particular sound like Ghostface but he turned out to be industry.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought this song was dope. I became a Lupe fan with that song.

Same with me