Take any issues with the way this classroom experiment was conducted?

Options
2»

Comments

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What about subconscious racisim & white superiority?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DafuqYo wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »
    White society don't like other whites with the viewpoints of her and Tim wise

There has to more white folks with similar view point as those mentioned or ? would be a lot worse for non white people. Racist is the minority when compared to non racist.

There's different levels of racism..I think you're referring to the cross burning Lynching type

I'm referring to all levels.

Then you're wrong

Pretty sure I'm not.

History says otherwise

History proves otherwise. You have to look at history as time advancing from the past to now.

Racist view points has survived for centuries and is not the minority
  • DafuqYo
    DafuqYo Members Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Options

There has to more white folks with similar view point as those mentioned or ? would be a lot worse for non white people. Racist is the minority when compared to non racist.

There's different levels of racism..I think you're referring to the cross burning Lynching type

Then you're wrong

Pretty sure I'm not.

History says otherwise

History proves otherwise. You have to look at history as time advancing from the past to now.

Who's not racist?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Then you're wrong

Pretty sure I'm not.

History says otherwise

Who's not racist?

Everyone is racist.

But not all racism is equal
  • Copper
    Options

Then you're wrong

Pretty sure I'm not.

History says otherwise

Who's not racist?

Thus proving my point that non racist are not the majority
  • DafuqYo
    Options

Then you're wrong

Pretty sure I'm not.

History says otherwise

Who's not racist?

So as humans are all faking it.
  • Copper
    Options

Then you're wrong

Pretty sure I'm not.

History says otherwise

Who's not racist?

Closed door racism is king now..bc to be labeled as a racist can be a social and financial killer in most circles
  • DafuqYo
    Options

Then you're wrong

Pretty sure I'm not.

History says otherwise

Who's not racist?

Closed door racism is king now..bc to be labeled as a racist can be a social and financial killer in most circles

If it's closed door then what are the effects of it?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    That white girl who left couldn't handle her reality being challenged. She's going to have a rough time in general in life and she probably realized how stupid she looked once she left.

Edit...I thought this looked familiar. I saw a documentary on the original classroom study in one of my sociology classes when I was in undergrad
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rock_Well wrote: »

What group in America make up the majority of the supposed minority of racists?

Are you defining racism solely as hating black or v white people?

racism as a system of belief (in execution)
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pretty sure this made them more racist, white people are vermin who just shouldnt live
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Before i even clicked this link I knew what video this was.

Except the one I saw was a workshop at a office and it looked about 10 years older than this video.

We learned about Jane Elliot in my Change Agent course. She got blackballed out of her entire town for creating this classroom experiment.

its ? up when you teach the right in this world, you get punished for it

I hope she teaching somewhere

That video was dope
  • WinterHeat
    WinterHeat Members Posts: 340 ✭✭✭
    Options
    No one wants to own up to the truth. I have no sympathy for white tears at all.

I appreciate the work that ol lady does, but something in me feels like these whites do the class or experiment and then go right back into being themselves -racist.
  • DafuqYo
    Options
    WinterHeat wrote: »
    No one wants to own up to the truth. I have no sympathy for white tears at all.

I appreciate the work that ol lady does, but something in me feels like these whites do the class or experiment and then go right back into being themselves -racist.

So all these white people are racist?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, not enough students cried.
  • Sicky Mouse
    Sicky Mouse Members Posts: 470 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "see what he's doing?"
    "i'm a girl."
    *dead*
  • DafuqYo
    Options
    White racist need not do anything these days. Black people hate black people for them now.
  • Rock_Well
    Options
    Elrawd wrote: »

Then you're wrong

Pretty sure I'm not.

History says otherwise

Who's not racist?

Everyone is racist.

if everyone's racist it most likely wasn't until they learned it from the white man.
  • Copper
    Options

Then you're wrong

Pretty sure I'm not.

History says otherwise

Who's not racist?

U can't be this incompetent
  • DafuqYo
    Options

Then you're wrong

Pretty sure I'm not.

History says otherwise

Who's not racist?

Everyone is racist.

if everyone's racist it most likely wasn't until they learned it from the white man.

So man did not like other men for reasons like race, religion, nationality, tribe, etc until the white man came along huh? The world was one big utopia I guess.
  • DafuqYo
    Options

Then you're wrong

Pretty sure I'm not.

History says otherwise

Who's not racist?

U can't be this incompetent

If someone dislikes you and you have no idea how would that effect you?

Better yet, how does your dislike for people that have no idea of your behind close door hatred affect them?
  • Copper
    Options
    Institutionalized racism is often behind closed doors it could affect your health, employment, rights, safety and even your freedom
    Being a racist is no longer socially acceptable like it used to be but it doesn't mean its any less dangerous
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    she gets paid to yell at white teenagers and make them cry and feel uncomfortable.

how come my guidance councilor never told me that was an option?
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2013
    Options

Then you're wrong

Pretty sure I'm not.

History says otherwise

Who's not racist?

Everyone is racist.

So man did not like other men for reasons like race, religion, nationality, tribe, etc until the white man came along huh? The world was one big utopia I guess.

Nah i just don't know of many historical examples of groups sharing a belief that they are superior based on physical features like skin color or eye color until the white man invented it. Sure since ancient times people have always had pride on their bloodline or nationality. they maybe even believed their nationality was superior to others, which is still wrong, but their belief wasn't based on skin color or physical features. the concept of race was invented by whites, it is based on color of skin and was mainly used for the purpose of segregating men, keeping power in the hands of whites and it caused hatred between groups.

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    yeah I saw this on WSHH and then peeped Few more.Some white ppl just refuse to see any other perspective

Reverse racism and denial of racism is the new racism

And this whole white ppl wanting say ? or ? and blacks having an opinion on whether whites can say ? is just dumb

The question is why is it so important for these white ppl to be able to say ? or ? , seems like a crazy battle to fight?

"? damnit I should be allowed to say ? , because I'm not racist" uhhhhh

But anyway I like this lady and she on some ? and some white ppl can't take 3 mins of feeling disenfranchised even when it's fake