Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    1of1 wrote: »
    822649387_medium.gif
    ghost! wrote: »

best explanation I've read.....if anything that should have been holding....no way that ball was catchable...even if Luke wasn't holding him he still would have had to run through two defenders to even have a chance at that ball

the ball was about a yard in the air..you telling me a all pro tight end couldnt make an adjustment to catch a ball that he may need to take two steps back??

ha ha what do you n*ggas be watching when you watch these games...lol

gronk has video footage of him catching ? where he has to dive to get, catching td passes with defenders all over him..and we got posters claiming he would not of been able to catch a ball over, or at least block a defender (the CB that caught the ball) who is clearly not bigger then gronk..

oh man..im dying laughin..this is too much!

and just how was he going to get around that safety that was directly in front of the ball?....

that ball was thrown low...so were you expecting to somehow dive under that safety who had to go to the ground to pick that ball off?.....that ball was low....there is no way in hell he was going to jump over that safety to catch a ball in which the safety had to go the ground to catch....if that ball was higher you'd have a point

If he was not being held while the ball was in the air he would have been able to come back to the ball.

and somehow catch a ball that was thrown low where the safety was in perfect position.....fact of the matter is this....that was poorly thrown....if The Golden Boy would have put more air under that ball it would have been pass interference....

He was only in that position perfectly because Gronk wasnt there to fight for the ball, because he was being held.... is the point...

As you can see in the gifs, Gronk was NOT being held. He was lightly touched. He was back pedalling on his own. A hold has to be sold, ie try to move and you can't. Someone who saw that ball and decided to fight toward it would have pushed through Kuechly or at least tried to swim move back past him to go toward the ball. At that point the grab would have warranted a flag.

Do you or do you not see Gronk plant his foot to slow his momentum down. At that moment without the defender impeding his progress he would've stepped to the ball. How can you not see this

as soon as he does his little jump stop move (before he is even touched) lester has already dropped off the coverage and started to go towards the ball. by the time gronk could fully stop and then completely change directions, the ball would have already been in lesters hands. and because of lesters angle, gronk wouldn't have been able to just leap forward, he would have to leap around and then back in front of the defender in about a half a second
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    He planted his foot the same time boy caught the ball.

False. He does one step then a lil hop. Everything from that hop on forward is when he couldve adjusted himself to move forward, had he not been held
  • Darius
    Options
    you and your boyfriend don't like the same teams?
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    822649387_medium.gif

best explanation I've read.....if anything that should have been holding....no way that ball was catchable...even if Luke wasn't holding him he still would have had to run through two defenders to even have a chance at that ball

the ball was about a yard in the air..you telling me a all pro tight end couldnt make an adjustment to catch a ball that he may need to take two steps back??

ha ha what do you n*ggas be watching when you watch these games...lol

gronk has video footage of him catching ? where he has to dive to get, catching td passes with defenders all over him..and we got posters claiming he would not of been able to catch a ball over, or at least block a defender (the CB that caught the ball) who is clearly not bigger then gronk..

oh man..im dying laughin..this is too much!

and just how was he going to get around that safety that was directly in front of the ball?....

that ball was thrown low...so were you expecting to somehow dive under that safety who had to go to the ground to pick that ball off?.....that ball was low....there is no way in hell he was going to jump over that safety to catch a ball in which the safety had to go the ground to catch....if that ball was higher you'd have a point

If he was not being held while the ball was in the air he would have been able to come back to the ball.

and somehow catch a ball that was thrown low where the safety was in perfect position.....fact of the matter is this....that was poorly thrown....if The Golden Boy would have put more air under that ball it would have been pass interference....

He was only in that position perfectly because Gronk wasnt there to fight for the ball, because he was being held.... is the point...

As you can see in the gifs, Gronk was NOT being held. He was lightly touched. He was back pedalling on his own. A hold has to be sold, ie try to move and you can't. Someone who saw that ball and decided to fight toward it would have pushed through Kuechly or at least tried to swim move back past him to go toward the ball. At that point the grab would have warranted a flag.

Do you or do you not see Gronk plant his foot to slow his momentum down. At that moment without the defender impeding his progress he would've stepped to the ball. How can you not see this

When he planted his right foot, his momentum was still moving toward the back of the end zone. He wasn't going to magically spring forward off that one plant. His left foot crossed in front of the right foot after he planted it, then he opened up and brought the left back further, continuing his movement toward the back of the endzone w/o being forced back there. Kuechly isn't even pushing him back, he back pedals on his own because he isn't accustomed to a defender wearing him like a jersey with close coverage.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Bold predictions for the season panning out for some people. Hell I thought Marshall was a fool for that but he is on point.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap2000000238524/GameDay-2013-Bold-Predictions

Steve M. - P. Manning and A. Luck will eclipse 4700 yards passing this year.
    M. Faulk - Saints will have no.1 offense and top 5 defense.
    Kurt - All 8 division champs in 2012 will repeat as champs.
    W. Sapp - Ryan Tannehill will break Dan Marino's single season passing record
    M. Irvin - Ravens will go 5-11 and miss playoffs for first time in Flacco's tenure.

Wrong. Aint's don't have the #1 offense and their defense ain't even top 10. foh
    Bold predictions for the season panning out for some people. Hell I thought Marshall was a fool for that but he is on point.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap2000000238524/GameDay-2013-Bold-Predictions

Steve M. - P. Manning and A. Luck will eclipse 4700 yards passing this year.
    M. Faulk - Saints will have no.1 offense and top 5 defense.
    Kurt - All 8 division champs in 2012 will repeat as champs.
    W. Sapp - Ryan Tannehill will break Dan Marino's single season passing record
    M. Irvin - Ravens will go 5-11 and miss playoffs for first time in Flacco's tenure.

M. Faulk - As of today, The Saints are #3 in offense and #3 in defense.

M. Irvin - B-more is 4-6.

Kurt way off.

Steve M. - Peyton Manning, DEN 3572 and Andrew Luck, IND 2430

W. Sapp - Ryan Tannehill, QB MIA 2,474 - Dan Marino 5,084 in 1984 unless he go CFL on everyone it aint happening.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there are some blind mufuckas in this thread
    the pats did get robbed but im from NY and i hate everything Massachusetts related. therefore no harm was done. its a beautiful day

no ? given
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darius wrote: »
    its not serious because its not even an issue. you can see pretty much at the EXACT moment that gronk attempts to stop himself and luke begins the interference, robert lester makes a break on the ball and is basically in front of the ball. Gronkowski's momentum was headed towards the back of the endzone he wouldn't even have had the chance to react quickly enough to stop and turn back towards the ball and undercut the defender who already undercut the route on an underthrown ball.

put it like this, if luke never touched gronk and just shadowed him the entire route, gronk still wouldn't have had any legitimate chance of getting the ball.

dawg you honestly, honestly cant be serious...what were you watching??

final-play-of-patriots-pathers.gif?w=500

look.. BEFORE dude reacts to the ball Kuechly has BOTH ARMS around gronk (the ball is not even in the frame yet and kuechkly has his arms around him)...impeding his progress. You killing your own argument cuz this gif shows it to you slowly...before dude even break for the ball, gronk is being held...he doenst need to make any effort cuz it's clear as day he was being held hence why the ref threw the flag....

"it's not even an isssue" BUT yet like i said, two former players, and gruden said they blew the call, and two former refs said they blew the call and you posted a tweet stating they blew the call...smh

and as the refs tried to state.. the ball was underthrown...ahh no, an under thrown ball hits the ground...if kuechly (for the sake of the debate.) Was never there, the ball gets thrown right in gronks chest, that aint under thrown....

and for your "even if luke shadow him" dawg...gronk carried 3 maybe for 4 panthers in the end zone with him for a td...how the hell he wouldn't of be able to make a legitmate chance for the ball...come on???
    th?id=H.4714410718003718&pid=15.1

This ish is laughable now...

You must be blind the defender is right there to intercept it. Look at the position of the defender which is in front of Gronk regardless of the contact by the other defender. Gronk made no effort as he knew he could not catch it. cry more it's beautiful.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darius wrote: »
    you and your boyfriend don't like the same teams?

Naw he's from Chicago.....huge a Bears/Bulls fan.
  • Darius
    Options
    So I just found out my new ? is a Saints' fan and she talking cash money ? .

thats something you are supposed to find out before she becomes your ? tho.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Good she is a Saints fan.........................but if they cant tell me one O lineman. They ? talking dont faze me. those are the kind that dont even know the next opponent. The kind of fan that will flip through the channel, see their team and say,"Oh ? they playing today."
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

*Big Boi voice*

Make her throat be havin' a baby.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That call was blown point blank. Cause even if he couldnt make that catch he could of At least try to disrupt ole boy from making the int. That is what makes it a interference.

If you want to be honest the BS PI call on fourth down should not have been called. That pass was over thrown and as usual they called in favor of the Pats. Picking up the flag was a make up decision.
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all are the worst kind of fans of football.

This ? already got his arms extended before that ball gets there...so y'all telling me that if kuechly wasnt forcing him to the goal post it still would of been picked off. GAAAHHH DAMMNN YALL TRIPPIN!

y'all talking about he wasn't trying to come back for the ball maybe cause Gronk already had it in his mind like "damn this ? holding me in the end zone they gonna call P.I" I'm not worried...they did then they didnt
  • God_Yunn
    Options
    That call was blown point blank. Cause even if he couldnt make that catch he could of At least try to disrupt ole boy from making the int. That is what makes it a interference.

If you want to be honest the BS PI call on fourth down should not have been called. That pass was over thrown and as usual they called in favor of the Pats. Picking up the flag was a make up decision.

You dont make up with calls that blatant. Maybe a lil push off by a Pats receiver, but not something so obvious.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Disgusting. Penalizing a team for your mistake.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Charles Johnson from the Panthers with a sprained MCL...got it from that leg whip from that Patriots player.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options

You must be blind the defender is right there to intercept it. Look at the position of the defender which is in front of Gronk regardless of the contact by the other defender. Gronk made no effort as he knew he could not catch it. cry more it's beautiful.

yo...u havent gotten it yet....when you reply to me in any way about anything..i be like..
    2l91mxz.gif

FOH troller, go somewhere with your below average team. i'm busy!
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
  • 1of1
    Options

This ? already got his arms extended before that ball gets there...so y'all telling me that if kuechly wasnt forcing him to the goal post it still would of been picked off. GAAAHHH DAMMNN YALL TRIPPIN!

y'all talking about he wasn't trying to come back for the ball maybe cause Gronk already had it in his mind like "damn this ? holding me in the end zone they gonna call P.I" I'm not worried...they did then they didnt

You want the game called soft. There are many plays with extension of arms and minor hand fighting that don't get called PI.

Look at Gronk's legs. If he was "forced" back it wasn't physically, it was because Kuechly had such great positioning. Gronk planted, turned and back pedaled all on his own. Kuechly simply mirrored his movement and stuck with him, wearing him like a jersey.

Finally, how do players react when they're interfered with? How did Gronk react? His reaction was more that of player who knew it was over than one who knew he was interfered with.
  • Darius
    Options

its pretty obvious that the route was to the back of the endzone and he only broke it off once he saw the ball wasn't going to get there. any attempt he made to get back to the ball was hindered by the distance between himself and where the ball is intercepted, his momentum, the interference and the fact that the db was about .5 seconds away from catching the ball
  • 1of1
    Options
    Nov. 4th:
    Michael Huff
    Nnamdi

Raiders take your lemons back

30 minutes ago:
    ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- A day after he underwent surgery for a serious condition known as lateral compartment syndrome, safety Rahim Moore has been placed on injured reserve with a designation to return.

The move means Moore must miss six weeks of practice and eight weeks of games before he is eligible to return to the active roster.

That sets Moore up for a return in the AFC Championship Game, if the Broncos reach it. He could return to practice on Dec. 31, which is the week leading up to the Wild Card Round of the playoffs.

"Obviously it hurts to lose Rahim," Executive Vice President of Football Operations John Elway said. "He's been playing so well, but to be able to have this happen to him is terrible. But we have to battle through that. Rahim I know is upset as anybody. So we had to put him on injured reserve with a designation to return so if he could come back he would be eligible to come back if we were to make it that far for the championship games."

In the meantime, the Broncos signed safety Michael Huff. The eighth-year veteran started the season with the Baltimore Ravens, playing in seven games and starting one, before he was released in October.

The former first-round pick of the Oakland Raiders has 11 interceptions in his career to go with 54 passes defensed, four forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and 5.5 sacks. He spent seven seasons in silver and black before signing with Baltimore in the offseason.

"(He's) a veteran that's played in this league for a long time and (we) thought that in a pinch he's going to be able to come in and help us," Elway said.

When Moore left Sunday's win against the Chiefs, safety Mike Adams replaced him in the lineup. The 10th-year veteran started all 16 games for the club in 2012. The team also has special-teams captain David Bruton and converted cornerback Omar Bolden at the safety position on the active roster.
    vnp4ls.jpg

4pxyrq.jpg
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good the pats loss...I need them to lose again so we can get that home field advantage
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Redskins so bad they out here giving ? ED.....no bueno. LOL.
    Skins’ Performance on the Field Affecting Fan’s Performance in Bed

WASHINGTON (CBSDC) - A sizable portion of Washington, D.C. lives and dies with the Redskins’ performance any given Sunday, so it’s no surprise the latest loss – which buries them in the division

We’ve even heard from one fan, who after the Thursday night loss to the Vikings, allowed a Cowboys fan to get under his skin to the point of getting suspended from work for ten days for arguing with him (he should have returned today).

But falling to 3-7 is a bit of a gut-buster, and has prompted a flurry of questions regarding Mike Shanahan and his job status with the Redskins in the days since the most recent devastation.

A simple question was thrown out by 106.7 The Fan’s Holden and Danny on Tuesday:

How have the Redskins ruined your life?

The answers range from pinning high blood pressure on the faltering franchise, to one man being hated by his children because of the foul mood the losses put him in, and another admitting to yelling at his own kids more than is necessary.

One father even said his son refuses to bring his Redskins’ keychain to school any longer. Poor little guy.

But the worst response, by far, came from Dave in Waldorf, who had a physical reaction to the loss … or rather, the lack of one.

“Now listen, I’m gonna tell y’all how they messed me up, man,” Dave said. “I put my heart and soul into these Redskins, man. The other day my girl wanted to have sex with me, I couldn’t even do it bruh. I’m just so hurt with these Redskins.”

“Hold on, you turned down sex because of the Redskins?” Holden asked.

“I think I’ve got ED or something man. I don’t know,” Dave said. “It’s because of these Redskins, man, I can’t do it.”

It was a tough pill to swallow.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/11/19/skins-performance-on-the-field-affecting-fans-performance-in-bed/

I have no problem if my boyfriend has love for his football team because I love mine. But if its causing you to not be able to ? after they lose (which is like one of the best pick me ups ever after a loss)........then its you and most definitely NOT me...I'm out. LOL.

This is some terrible ? ? lol
  • God_Yunn
    Options
    @1of1 @Darius i can't deal y'all.

You knew his Momentum.
    And route and why he stopped right?
    Also took out the part of him bear hugging.

Ok cool.