Options
    Big Boi
    so ABC rapper cube seeing Big Boi?
    yall cant be serious
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ice Cube
    I see some of y'all haven't heard a cube song or album b4 he made the movie "are we there yet" cuz y'all gotta be either young or from the south and have a bias for boi to think cube isn't a goat RAPPER
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    Options
    Big Boi
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    I see some of y'all haven't heard a cube song or album b4 he made the movie "are we there yet" cuz y'all gotta be either young or from the south and have a bias for boi to think cube isn't a goat RAPPER

he's a good artist/story teller
    dude dont flex no lyrical muscles or attempt no lyrical acrobats
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So this isn't close? Lol.
    Exactly which categories of rapping does Cube destroy Big Boi in?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ice Cube
    Only on the ic will I hear cube who is in a lot of top 5 lists is not a good rapper smh...
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ice Cube
    ice cube aint even 20 percent of the rapper Big Boi is.
    better artists maybe, but Cube never been a good rapper

This s oxymoron.... A rapper isn't a great rapper lol
  • CoolJoe
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Cube a better rapper than all of Outkast

Edit: and The Dungeon Fam

Yea.......Cube is definitely not better than Andre.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ice Cube
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Only on the ic will I hear cube who is in a lot of top 5 lists is not a good rapper smh...

• DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ice Cube
    I see some of y'all needn't heard a cube song or album b4 he made the movie "are we there yet" cuz y'all gotta be either young or from the south and have a bias for boi to think cube isn't a goat RAPPER

Good story telling IS GOOD LYRICISM!! Its part of what made Biggie , Pac, and Scarface goat rappers and kings of their respective regions. You guys are a trip. When Slaughter House come with the ill wordplay and sick multi syllables yall same ? voting for big boi will turn around and call them some ol rappidy rap ass ? like yall dont appreciate raw lyrics ....But soon as its a guy yall condone doin it yall act like ? is setting the booth on fire. Yall dudes is a trip
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ice Cube
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    I see some of y'all needn't heard a cube song or album b4 he made the movie "are we there yet" cuz y'all gotta be either young or from the south and have a bias for boi to think cube isn't a goat RAPPER

Good story telling IS GOOD LYRICISM!! Its part of what made Biggie , Pac, and Scarface goat rappers and kings of their respective regions. You guys are a trip. When Slaughter House come with the ill wordplay and sick multi syllables yall same ? voting for big boi will turn around and call them some ol rappidy rap ass ? like yall dont appreciate raw lyrics ....But soon as its a guy yall condone doin it yall act like ? is setting the booth on fire. Yall dudes is a trip

Real talk
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    Options
    Big Boi

i ? with SH
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Big Boi
    I dont see why this is such a bad comparison simply cause they are both GOAT rappers. Throw all albums out and put rapper against rapper in their primes and I bet It would be closer than you think. Hard to find flaws in either, its a matter of ones preference. Cube is the straight to the point in your face rapper, Big Boi is the witty, crazy flow rapper.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ice Cube
    Big Boi is not a GOAT rapper
  • Stew
    Options
    Big Boi
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Big Boi is not a GOAT rapper

To me he is top 10, sorry bro.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Ice Cube
    The Predator>>>>>>>>> anything Outkast related
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ice Cube
    Ice Cube worst record >> Speakerboxxx,

Not saying Big Boi sucks but music wise, he doesn't make classics without Andre3000 realistically. Plus Cube on NWA was that ? back in the day. Imo, I always thought Sean Paul from Youngbloodz was a better lyricist than Big Boi.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Ice Cube
    I dont see why this is such a bad comparison simply cause they are both GOAT rappers. Throw all albums out and put rapper against rapper in their primes and I bet It would be closer than you think. Hard to find flaws in either, its a matter of ones preference. Cube is the straight to the point in your face rapper, Big Boi is the witty, crazy flow rapper.

Its interesting that you said the bolded because It made me immediately think, If both were on stage or better yet if they had a wax battle goin on, Even tho Cube was smiling around in "Are we there yet" and Big boi has the more versatile flow(no dought about that, dont make him better but its the truth) can anybody in this thread who voted for Big Boi truely if they life was on the line predict with confidence that Big Boi would be able to get Cube in a battle?

Mind you

Now yeah Ice does some chuckin and jiving movie wise but this is still the same ? that made "No Vasaline" and "King of the hill"

has Outkast ever sonned Anybody?
  • Kalecrunch
    Kalecrunch Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ice Cube
    There can't be anyone over the age of 29 yearsold that could vote for Big Boi.
  • CoolJoe
    Options

Its interesting that you said the bolded because It made me immediately think, If both were on stage or better yet if they had a wax battle goin on, Even tho Cube was smiling around in "Are we there yet" and Big boi has the more versatile flow(no dought about that, dont make him better but its the truth) can anybody in this thread who voted for Big Boi truely if they life was on the line predict with confidence that Big Boi would be able to get Cube in a battle?

Mind you

Now yeah Ice does some chuckin and jiving movie wise but this is still the same ? that made "No Vasaline" and "King of the hill"

Being the better battle rapper doesn't mean you're the better rapper, you're just better in that particular category.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Ice Cube
    CoolJoe wrote: »

Mind you

Being the better battle rapper doesn't mean you're the better rapper, you're just better in that particular category.

The only thing I gave Big Boi over Cube is flow versatility. It could be argued that Flow is only one category too. Its kinda weird that if they was goin at each other in battle the more proven battle guy of the two which is also the guy that can make the most classics AINT the better rapper to you guys
  • Stew
    Options
    Big Boi

Mind you

Have they ever needed to? No

My vote had nothing to do with Ice Cube starring in movies btw, I highly respect him for what he's done in the past. I simply like Big Boi's style as a rapper better than Cube's.
  • MR Josh
    MR Josh Members Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ice Cube
    cant believe this disrespect to ice cube.any body with common sense or common rap sense wouldn't mention both in the same sentence for any reason
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ice Cube
    Cube and its not close
  • CoolJoe
    Options
    So......you ? aren't going to mention the categories that Cube destroys Big Boi in?