Jay Z gettin ? on for some overpriced ? with Barneys collab. Selling jackets for 58k

Options
P-Dogg77
P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
Just when you thought the devil spawn Jay Z couldn't shut his nouveau riche ass up he comes with yet another pointless collaboration with Barneys that is being completely ? on everywhere in the fashion world, trust me because I am the IC king of fashunz.

And if any of you took the bold chance of wildly guessing that most of the clothes consist of tacky leather then you are certainly correct! DING DING DING! Hey lets just make a collection and OD on leather and chalk it up to fashion like that, that leather ? is so played out this old ass ? don't even know how to get with the game anymore.

If this isn't a sign of Jay Z being desperate for attention and yet again failing to be viewed as anything of importance in the New York rap scene then I don't even know what it is. My man Bryan Boy just told me ? gon boycott Barneys everywhere for this collection.

This is also some grand coonery on Jay's part, Barneys have been known for racially targeting black folks all the time.

Barneys Racist Culture Deeply Ingrained In Store, Insiders Say

On the sales floor at the Madison Avenue flagship store of Barneys New York, salespeople would joke about customers who, in their view, didn't belong.

Often, those jokes would be aimed at the black customers, a former sales associate at the store told The Huffington Post.

The former employee, who spoke on condition she not be named for fear of jeopardizing her career in the industry, said she heard sales staff and security repeatedly rip on black shoppers: "Their card is probably not going to go through," they'd say. "I don't know why they come in here and want to try stuff on that they know they're not going to buy."

"If a black person comes in with a sweatshirt or sneakers, some of the white sales associates would be on the floor saying: 'Why are they even here? They're probably going to scam,'" said the former associate, who is black and worked at the store in 2012 and 2013. "They would say this stuff in front of me. Sometimes I would just walk away, and sometimes I would say, 'You never know.'"

The luxury department store chain counts on its reputation of elitism and exclusivity to attract rich shoppers willing to shell out big bucks for a $1,595 Givenchy sweatshirt or a $4,495 Andrea Campagna suit. But that same highbrow culture has fostered racial profiling at Barneys, company insiders and industry experts say.

And here is an article completely ? on his old ass.

http://four-pins.com/style/new-york-holiday-flagrantly-expensive-collection-cant-see-anyone-buying/

Don't act like this ? is being sold for a good cause because all that $$$ will be spent on immortality potions for Jay Z and a fountain of youth for Bey. Word is Ivy Blue might inherit Jay Z's fossils some day and sell them to Smithsonian for a hefty sum.

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't kept up with this much, but I never understood something. Wasn't the incident due to the actions of one store employee? Why are people acting like the whole company should be shunned because one low level worker did something racist?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    ? u know the clothes u can buy with that ?
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of the items are nice.

I expect to see dope boys and big shots in every city going out to buy this either to support jay or just say than can buy $1000 clothes
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I haven't kept up with this much, but I never understood something. Wasn't the incident due to the actions of one store employee? Why are people acting like the whole company should be shunned because one low level worker did something racist?

Well based on what I read it seems the majority of the employees there has a racist mindset

• 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess he might as well stop taking our money and just deal with the 1%, its for the best
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That article ripped him a new one.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't spend money nowhere I'm not welcome...brothers are really lost

If you're gonna take that stance, i suggest you give up 90 percent of the ? you own because most of these companies are racist or have history with injustices. Don't be a militant when it's convenient.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    n.f.g my way there's people out there that can afford and they'll cop me i'll stick to my polo etc. too many people in a uproar over ? they can't afford anyway
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol my ? you really spelled fashion with a z at the end?

how you the king of fashion when you probally still rocking a g-unit hoodie reminiscing about when 50 cent actually had a rap career
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shout out out to my burlington coat factory shoppers.

ive never heard of Barneys
    Unless the purple dinosaur selling high end clothes. Or maybe the dead guy in the movie setting trends.
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    like ol boy said on the daily show 'he's not jay-z anymore. he's j-mart'.

jay-z penny's

• P-Dogg77
    Options

Here's the whole article.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/07/barneys-racist_n_4225710.html

Some more fuckery from Barneys

http://pix11.com/2013/10/23/black-teen-suing-barneys-nypd-for-wrongfully-arresting-him-for-stealing-designer-belt/

There's actually more to the Barneys scandal than a Harlem youngin' taking questionable fashion cues from Juelz Santana.
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    lol my ? you really spelled fashion with a z at the end?

how you the king of fashion when you probally still rocking a g-unit hoodie reminiscing about when 50 cent actually had a rap career

Excuse mon haute couture swag but this is how a classy ass ? roll.

See that there, yes I do still wear G-Unit clothing trying to recapture the glory of the heydays but on the other hand there is a whole influential fashunz movement devoted to that, it's called Americana. Personally I know a lot of people in the world of fashunz and the other day my man Karl Lagerfeld praised me for my blend of Vintage and contemporary style. That's my word son.

• P-Dogg77
    Options
    trillizm wrote: »
    like ol boy said on the daily show 'he's not jay-z anymore. he's j-mart'.

jay-z penny's

Am I the only one who can't stand 2013 Jay Z anymore? I think Kanye rubbed off on him too much.

This ? ran around the whole summer trying to set trends and have ? wear abstract nerdy white shirts.

hovtheory.jpg

185$ shirts at Nordstroms ain't baller status.
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is ridiculous at the 10th power.This ? became rich and lost his ? mind.
  • P-Dogg77
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yup, the ether keeps coming unabated from the world of high fashion.

http://www.complex.com/style/2013/11/things-that-cost-as-much-as-jay-z-barneys-a-new-york-holiday/

You can buy a suspectly shaped private Fijian island and still get away with 30,000 dollars more than if you bought the whole collection.

And seriously ? Jay-Z for this waque ? . Old fake this is for a good cause ass ? .
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The crabbing and cooning in this thread by the op and others is straight disgusting. So let me get this straight, we are now ? on jay because...."he charges to much" wtf??? What kind of broke, useless, ? even thinks in those terms? But it doesn't shock me anymore the levels of stupidity and straight envy and jealousy that is rampant amongst the ? on this site.

Nike, Reebok, Gucci, Versace, etc will charge upwards of 300% mark up for shoes that ? will literally ? another human being for...but this is wack? Porsche Designs just released a Blackberry Z10 that costs $2K....a ? Blackberry. Ferrari will charge you $1000 for carbon fibre tire valve caps, and he list goes on. Yet we are going to sit here and chastise a black man when he's going to do it?

Also it the height of coonery to start using articles written by whites trying to discredit Jay for doing the exact same ? they do. Who the ? is anybody to say what's too expensive for Jay to charge at Barney's or not? Uneducated and ? in the bucket ass ? that's who.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P-Dogg77 wrote: »
    Yup, the ether keeps coming unabated from the world of high fashion.

http://www.complex.com/style/2013/11/things-that-cost-as-much-as-jay-z-barneys-a-new-york-holiday/

You can buy a private suspectly shaped Fijian island and still get away with 30,000 dollars more than if you bought the whole collection.

And seriously ? Jay-Z for this waque ? . Old fake this is for a good cause ass ? .

"Oh no ? white man!! How dare this nigra charge all dem dollas for dese clothes, don't he know only white peoples get too charge us black people???"

[img]http://themodernmarvelous.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/? .jpg[/img]