Jay Z gettin ? on for some overpriced ? with Barneys collab. Selling jackets for 58k

Options

Comments

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Versace is pretty expensive, but i've yet to see anything by them sell for $58,00O. At least Versace has classic styles that you can keep for years because they make iconic ? .
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My ? would prolly throw me in hell directly if I even had the nerve to wanna buy a 58k jacket.
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    The crabbing and cooning in this thread by the op and others is straight disgusting. So let me get this straight, we are now ? on jay because...."he charges to much" wtf??? What kind of broke, useless, ? even thinks in those terms? But it doesn't shock me anymore the levels of stupidity and straight envy and jealousy that is rampant amongst the ? on this site.

Nike, Reebok, Gucci, Versace, etc will charge upwards of 300% mark up for shoes that ? will literally ? another human being for...but this is wack? Porsche Designs just released a Blackberry Z10 that costs $2K....a ? Blackberry. Ferrari will charge you $1000 for carbon fibre tire valve caps, and he list goes on. Yet we are going to sit here and chastise a black man when he's going to do it?

Also it the height of coonery to start using articles written by whites trying to discredit Jay for doing the exact same ? they do. Who the ? is anybody to say what's too expensive for Jay to charge at Barney's or not? Uneducated and ? in the bucket ass ? that's who.

? old Oswald Bates pseudo-intelligent ass ? . Jay Z making a collaboration with a largely known racist company, how's that for coonery? ? ?

• Jabu_Rule
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The crabbing and cooning in this thread by the op and others is straight disgusting. So let me get this straight, we are now ? on jay because...."he charges to much" wtf??? What kind of broke, useless, ? even thinks in those terms? But it doesn't shock me anymore the levels of stupidity and straight envy and jealousy that is rampant amongst the ? on this site.

Nike, Reebok, Gucci, Versace, etc will charge upwards of 300% mark up for shoes that ? will literally ? another human being for...but this is wack? Porsche Designs just released a Blackberry Z10 that costs $2K....a ? Blackberry. Ferrari will charge you $1000 for carbon fibre tire valve caps, and he list goes on. Yet we are going to sit here and chastise a black man when he's going to do it?

Also it the height of coonery to start using articles written by whites trying to discredit Jay for doing the exact same ? they do. Who the ? is anybody to say what's too expensive for Jay to charge at Barney's or not? Uneducated and ? in the bucket ass ? that's who.

Last i checked, these rich companies are the ones designing this gear under their own branding with his ugly ass patch thrown in. So what is he doing that's breaking the mold and empowering black people?
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Versace is pretty expensive, but i've yet to see anything by them sell for $58,00O. At least Versace has classic styles that you can keep for years because they make iconic ? .

Ooooh, okay, so now its about what's iconic or not? My point is that rappers, ie. 2pac, Biggie etc, rapped & wore brands like those because they were "models" for it. Just like Wu and many others were for Tommy Hill, just like Jay-Z is now. My point is theres alot of racial history with certain companies but yall pick & choose when & who to get mad at.

Rappers & every entertainer are walking billboards, that is how the rap game grew & survives. Whatchu think the song Tom Ford was made for? One minute people want entertainers to stand up for something, but then the next minute they clown them for not going into business with certain companies, calling them broke, "fell off" or whatever when its a fact that things like clothing deals, deals with major companies & ? is a keyfactor in making money &/or being popular/"irrelevant".

So now it's about what's "iconic"..lol @ clothing brands being "iconic" btw.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited November 2013
    Options
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »

Ooooh, okay, so now its about what's iconic or not? My point is that rappers, ie. 2pac, Biggie etc, rapped & wore brands like those because they were "models" for it. Just like Wu and many others were for Tommy Hill, just like Jay-Z is now. My point is theres alot of racial history with certain companies but yall pick & choose when & who to get mad at.

Rappers & every entertainer are walking billboards, that is how the rap game grew & survives. Whatchu think the song Tom Ford was made for? One minute people want entertainers to stand up for something, but then the next minute they clown them for not going into business with certain companies, calling them broke, "fell off" or whatever when its a fact that things like clothing deals, deals with major companies & ? is a keyfactor in making money &/or being popular/"irrelevant".

Well yes. I'm talking actual design adn fashion sense. I don't wear designers just because. Some designers are known for make ? i like and if they no longer or never did, then i don't ? with them. I'm not everybody. But at the same time. $58,000 is ? no matter who designed it. And yes, Versace makes fly ? . ? what a rapper wears, i been fresh on my own. Also, i mentioned that he isn't empowering anyone with this line as a emphasis that it's judged solely on it's own merit as a fashion set.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I understand your point but when they're that blatant about not wanting black people buying their stuff it does raise eyebrows.
  • SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't say what people should or shouldn't buy (me personally, I'm not paying $300+ for any type of clothing) but I saw a hoodie going for 600. Who the ? is paying $600 for a hoodie?
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    da ? is a barneys
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Jay has lost touch with the common man, which is not hard to do when your as rich as he is.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Last i checked, these rich companies are the ones designing this gear under their own branding with his ugly ass patch thrown in. So what is he doing that's breaking the mold and empowering black people?

SO everything he does has to empower black people?? When he goes to take a ? is he supposed to empower black people then? SHUT THE ? UP! He can do whatever the ? he wants whenever the ? he wants. If he wants to charge rich white people $58,000 for a jacket ... who the ? is anybody to tell him no?? Crab in the bucket ass ? .

• Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So because rich white people are crazy we gotta do crazy ? too.Ya ? just ridiculous.We don´t need to follow there crazy ass around acting like them.
  • P-Dogg77
    edited November 2013
    Options
    And if we're gonna talk rappers clothing lines

G-Unit Clothing >>> Jay Z and Barneys collab.

dmxsignature_main.jpg

DMX Signature Clothing>>> Jay Z and Barneys Collab

Even DMX had a clothing line back then mostly designed for guys wanting to look like crackhead garbage men and even that ? is way better than this asscheeks ? Jay Z is doing

• rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P-Dogg77 wrote: »

? old Oswald Bates pseudo-intelligent ass ? . Jay Z making a collaboration with a largely known racist company, how's that for coonery? ? ?

"But but but ? , this nigra here is overcharging white racists!! How dare he overcharge them good whites who don't want black people shopping there!" This uppity nigra should be just like the other corporations and sell overpriced ? to black people!!!"

robinson572.jpg

Don't forget to spit and polish after your done, crying for white people's wallets.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »

WE want him to be relevant to our community how the ? does a 58k jacket make him relevant to the people. it's so far beyond our scale of reality and that goes for most rich people as well. other companies are just as racist but at this point in his career and with the kind of money jay he does not need barney's they are damaging his brand, there should be no excuse for this nonsense.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I aint gonna read all this ? but the biggest ? made this thread thats all i can say

and yeah jay is a ?
  • P-Dogg77
    Options

SO everything he does has to empower black people?? When he goes to take a ? is he supposed to empower black people then? SHUT THE ? UP! He can do whatever the ? he wants whenever the ? he wants. If he wants to charge rich white people $58,000 for a jacket ... who the ? is anybody to tell him no?? Crab in the bucket ass ? .

Pick your part son, are you going to defend Jay Z for the sake of him doing something better for black people or tell us to not expect too much of him? A moment ago you were posting pictures as stupid as you are and calling me a ? when you're defending a ? yourself and now you don't want to play the black militant card anymore?

You ? pathetic ? . Try channeling all that rage and energy into going to school instead and learning something of value instead of acting like you're hot ? you ? low-life.

This wasn't about no empowering ? ? from the start so shut your ? ass up you dumb ? .

• P-Dogg77
    Options
    I aint gonna read all this ? but the biggest ? made this thread thats all i can say

and yeah jay is a ?

I didn't know your mother made this thread. But yeah, cool I guess.
  • deathrowzorrow
    Options

and yeah jay is a ?

I didn't know your mother made this thread. But yeah, cool I guess.

No ? -Dogg77 made this thread
  • P-Dogg77
    Options

? call me ? -Dogg because I drown in ? my ? , I got ? in abundance.

• deathrowzorrow
    edited November 2013
    Options

Uncle Sam I don't know where you come from.. But if you call some1 a ? where i'm from it means you are a bitchmade ? . A hoe ass slave, ? who never bust guns.

So nagga please
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Jay might be a goat rapper , but he a ? ass ?

A Camel Ass ? more appropriate.
  • P-Dogg77
    Options

Uncle Sam I don't know where you come from.. But if you call some1 a ? where i'm from it means you are a bitchmade ? . A hoe ass slave, ? who never bust guns.

So nagga please

Lol at a ? calling me Uncle Sam, aight cool. Speaking of governments, your rotten downtrodden uncivilized country Somalia is the only one in the world to not have a formal government.

No wonder Somalian ? are so ? dumb when your whole country is too retarted to get your ? together.
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Was comin in here to condemn this ? Jay, but did any of you take a chance to even look at the actual collection? 58k is ? ridiculous, but the joint is made out of crocodile hide. And he actually does have a few decent items within the real ? budget threshold.

503137395_product_1?$product_size$

This raincoat is 700. For a limited, designer jacket, that really isn't bad at all. Both items are kinda dope, despite the tag. A lot of you ? jumped to defend the lil' ? who brought that ? overpriced belt, but are up in arms about these prices. I don't get ya'll.

503030051_product_1?$product_size$

Burberry had a leather crocodile trench coat run damn near 100,000. ? is way out of range for most of us, but the collection kinda ranges to be honest.
  • Dattadude72
    Dattadude72 Members Posts: 52
    Options
    People wanted Jay-Z to take a stand and hold Barney's accountable but you can't tell your neighbor what color he can paint his house if you leave the HOA(not saying that this is what hov doing ? he still could leave after his charity gets the $$ but once everything quiets down)

And with those prices I don't think the campaign was targeting anyone who got shop and frisked anyway. I mean in case anyone hasn't noticed all the cool rich kids and wannabe hipsters like Jigga so.....