Just how good was the good ol days really?

Options
DafuqYo
DafuqYo Members Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
Everybody always talking about how things was done back in their day or how their generation didn't do the ? these kids are doing now.

So let's hear it. Was the good ol days really all that good?

Comments

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell yeah did not have to worry about paying bills.The only thing I had to do was keep my grades up and stay out of trouble .
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People always say how better it was before, then I ask them "What decade would you go back to if this one is so ? ?" and they never have an answer.
  • DafuqYo
    Options

what "good ol days", ? ? the 60s? the 20s? when ? was kids? what exactly are you referring to when you say "good ol days"?

btw, EVERY generation will say the exact same things (about music, fashion and morals/ethics) about the generation that follows them.

Whatever good O'l days is your good O'l days ? .
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't hate on hipster kids because by the time they are my age they are gonna be fighting over their vacation home with their newly divorced wives and ? about country club dues and I've never had any of that ? .
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everyone's generation had some good and bad.

20 years from now they will be calling this current day in age the good old days.

As far as the good old days the late 70s to the late 90s was a great time period IMO.
  • Antlerz
    Antlerz Members Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well me, I'm between the ages 29 and 30 lol so I came up in the 90's. TV was better (more black comedy) and sports were more exciting. I'm from Miami so It was about those old Ny Knicks and Heat rivalries (with the fights). The music was solid, etc. But it was hard knocks though
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IMO people who call the good ol days the 80's and 90's and pretending like everything was perfect then must have been in blind delusion. It hasn't been the good ol days since the 70's, and I wasnt born then, but I can tell it was a good feeling on earth. Every since the 80's ? been ? up.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Maybe everyone's childhood era is the 'good ol days' b/c we were young n dumb w/ no responsibilities

tumblr_moipk8rnqu1qbzayeo1_500.gif

exactly what I think. They just didnt have open eyes to see.. but if your a child with open eyes, ? looked as bad now as then. Actually what I seen in the 80's was worse. I remember drugs everywhere in baltimore city. Feins all over the place, shootings every hour. robberys at least once a week... bus shootings and school shootings on the regular. Fights breaking out at least 2 a day. I mean ? calmed down where I'm from, but it's still bad, but there isnt anything out I havent seen before...

Actually I dont see as many feins like before, alot of people got cleaned up. especially ? heads. You don't see as many crackheads today like back then.

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it was good....no worries, no kids, but most of all not many fukk ? .

fukk ? got checked and ? was at a minimum

and being a hoe was nothing to be proud of.
  • DafuqYo
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Maybe everyone's childhood era is the 'good ol days' b/c we were young n dumb w/ no responsibilities

tumblr_moipk8rnqu1qbzayeo1_500.gif

Bingo
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    they really weren't any better than today, human beings have been the same for a long time, but nostalgia is an exercise in which we remember the past fondly while at the same time forgetting all the negative/bad things, aka the golden age fallacy

I was just about to say this. Revisionist history has people that grew up in the 90s forgetting how rap music was being suppressed by the same crackers that now proclaim Eminem the GOAT, has people actually believing that Michael Jordan was able to win 6 rings by himself without Pippen, Grant, and later Rodman, will make people casually gloss over the L.A. riots, not being able to wear Blue or Red in most of L.A., and Cops were still killing and harrassing innocent Blacks. Nothing has changed but the date.

Also, in terms of how loose chicks are today, if your mom was anywhere near Daytona Beach, Galveston, Texas, or Atlanta for Spring Break, that hoe might have some VHS footage floating around of her bussing it open back in the day! No one ever stops and wonders what happens to the hoes back then?? They became some of yalls mommas! True story
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well the economy was better for one.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some things are worse, some things are better. Cutthebullshit
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Also, in terms of how loose chicks are today, if your mom was anywhere near Daytona Beach, Galveston, Texas, or Atlanta for Spring Break, that hoe might have some VHS footage floating around of her bussing it open back in the day! No one ever stops and wonders what happens to the hoes back then?? They became some of yalls mommas! True story

I hope I don't have any kids who post here that I'm not aware of :-(

Or any kids in general for that matter.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    Good enough where ? could put $20 in their ride and be confident for a minute.

20? Bruh we could've put 10 and that filled the tank up. This was around the 90's when gas was .87/gal
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they really weren't any better than today, human beings have been the same for a long time, but nostalgia is an exercise in which we remember the past fondly while at the same time forgetting all the negative/bad things, aka the golden age fallacy

bruh back then i could fill up my car (that i didn't pay for) with $10 of money that i didn't even have to earn because my parents gave it to me and then using that car to go get 5 Arby's roast beef sandwiches for $5. so daria, tell me the fallacy in missing out on that ? . cause i dont see it.
  • REV_RAGE
    REV_RAGE Members Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am still waiting for the good ol days, as I have yet to decide when that was or will be.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

297006_257615144281379_131437750232453_731258_132843478_n.jpg

...nerd
  • Darius
    Options
    Darius wrote: »

bruh back then i could fill up my car (that i didn't pay for) with $10 of money that i didn't even have to earn because my parents gave it to me and then using that car to go get 5 Arby's roast beef sandwiches for $5. so daria, tell me the fallacy in missing out on that ? . cause i dont see it.

well with inflation the prices of things go up. i bet you back in the 80s people we're complaining about gas being so expensive and when they could fill their car up with $5. or back when they first invented a car and people complained about how expensive they were. or when the printing press was invented and people complained about how it wasn't like the good old days where people thought a lot, now they just rotted their brains with books

there is nothing new under the sun, we just like to think things are different. and they maybe in certain specific instances, but overall the human condition makes it so that overall we've been engaging in the same behaviour for a long time

cant respect anyone's opinion if they spell behavior like "behaviour" sorry. just some things i can't get past. just like those gas prices back in the good old days.
  • Antlerz
    Options
    IMO people who call the good ol days the 80's and 90's and pretending like everything was perfect then must have been in blind delusion. It hasn't been the good ol days since the 70's, and I wasnt born then, but I can tell it was a good feeling on earth. Every since the 80's ? been ? up.

2431572_o.gif
  • Darius
    Options

well with inflation the prices of things go up. i bet you back in the 80s people we're complaining about gas being so expensive and when they could fill their car up with $5. or back when they first invented a car and people complained about how expensive they were. or when the printing press was invented and people complained about how it wasn't like the good old days where people thought a lot, now they just rotted their brains with books

there is nothing new under the sun, we just like to think things are different. and they maybe in certain specific instances, but overall the human condition makes it so that overall we've been engaging in the same behaviour for a long time

cant respect anyone's opinion if they spell behavior like "behaviour" sorry. just some things i can't get past. just like those gas prices back in the good old days.

you can't respect someone that spells the word properly? where do you think the english language came from my dear?

so you spell words properly but you don't use capitalization in your sentences?
  • Antlerz
    Options
    @BrazilianHairMoney you do know there was a recession in the 70's rights?