Lets be honest..Kanye wouldn't be ? if it wasnt for this wannabe artist stick

Options
2»

Comments

• P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    He hurts himself with his antics and ? he be saying.. if your ? is great let it speak for itself.

That's what I mean

the_difference_between_a_poser_and_a_true_genius_kanye_west_vs_jimi_hendrix_2013-11-09.jpg

• the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P-Dogg77 wrote: »
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    He hurts himself with his antics and ? he be saying.. if your ? is great let it speak for itself.

That's what I mean

the_difference_between_a_poser_and_a_true_genius_kanye_west_vs_jimi_hendrix_2013-11-09.jpg

TRUTH.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with this thread, i couldn't believe all the critical acclaim that garbage ass album was getting and the funny ? was it was from the nerdy ass music critics and other artist. I think it's safe to say the public strongly disagreed, hence why the album had no legs.

Kanye was making music for Kanye, he forgot about the fans.
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I agree with this thread, i couldn't believe all the critical acclaim that garbage ass album was getting and the funny ? was it was from the nerdy ass music critics and other artist. I think it's safe to say the public strongly disagreed, hence why the album had no legs.

Kanye was making music for Kanye, he forgot about the fans.

I'm not hating on a ? having confidence but this ? took it to a whole new level calling himself a ? . The drawbacks of being too selfish I guess.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Man, yall need to go see this dude show. He is an artist and he's so damn abrasive that it bothers people. I went last night and that ? was miraculous.. At the same time, he says the darndest ? and people mix that up with the artistry that he consistently produces. I would never want somebody to typecast themselves like people want Kanye to do. He does what the ? he wants with each album and they are all uniquely different.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His antics hurt the public perception of him more than anything. Other than that...holla @ me when he begins dropping back to back to back garbage albums. Only suspect joints in his catalog are 808s and Yeezus.
  • JerfyT
    JerfyT Members Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The best artists are always a bit eccentric. John Lennon was a huge egotistical ? , but he's also one of the greatest songwriters of all time. I put Kanye in his category. He may call himself a genius all the time, and it gets grating, but dude backs it up.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JerfyT wrote: »
    The best artists are always a bit eccentric. John Lennon was a huge egotistical ? , but he's also one of the greatest songwriters of all time. I put Kanye in his category. He may call himself a genius all the time, and it gets grating, but dude backs it up.

Being eccentric is a characteristic of many greats. What separates Kanye from them is that Kanye promotes himself as eccentric and conflicted. It doesn't come off as natural. It all seems fake. Everything he does these days seems like he's screaming "Look at me, I'm different".
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JerfyT wrote: »

John Lennon wrote songs for a band and himself. Kanye needs 3 ? to write one verse. At least Lennon had a reason.
  • rico_ENS
    rico_ENS Members Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i gotta ask yall what makes kanye this genius other than his first 2 albums i think most of his ? is wack n extra soft and the ? aint even producing the best beats of his recent albums what makes him this genius to yall? i dont see it....
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MBDTF greatest album
    Ever
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rico_ENS wrote: »
    i gotta ask yall what makes kanye this genius other than his first 2 albums i think most of his ? is wack n extra soft and the ? aint even producing the best beats of his recent albums what makes him this genius to yall? i dont see it....

cosign the the fullest. he was an innovator a few albums in but never a genius. imagine if steve jobs ? about the computer market instead of leaving his tech job and creating his own company. Imagine if hendrix ? about guitars being right handed instead of learning it upside down and becoming a goat. what mr. west does now is ? about how he can't get in with those art or fashion people instead of actually innovating ? himself and breaking through to be a boss in those industries.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Oh, the white color represents the purity and liberation that finally came after the protagonist struggled with difficulties beset by society for all his life"

Hahahaha .. .
  • oatmealdude
    oatmealdude Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Because every damn review of his album was like this

2f572566e1e111e2b61c22000a9f4de7_7.jpg

And you know damn well that New Slaves ? was straight azz but props to my ? Coonye for using art as a crutch because that projector on 66 walls ? had you gullible feeble ? thinking it was some major ? when in fact he wasn't saying ? at all.

Which brings me to another point, if you actually got some sort of intelligence then you're able to see past all this faux-art stuff and realize that Kanye isn't saying a ? damn thing, none of the ? he says doesn't make any sense but since he started hanging out with French designers and artists you ? think that every word he says has some underlined meaning. No hate for my ? Kanye though, he is still a breath of fresh air in hiphop.

Pretty much Yeezus was straight ? because this ? done took this creative ? too far, i get it you gotta let some creative juice flow in the tracks sometimes but all the ? this ? done put out last few years was nonsense ? . You ? act like them ? who stare at a blank canvas painting and be like "Oh, the white color represents the purity and liberation that finally came after the protagonist struggled with difficulties beset by society for all his life" when in reality it is just a ? damn white painting you punk ? butt ? .

Too bad every ? wants to get his avant-garde on and throw a couple of big words around and voila, you got wannabe "creatives" popping up everywhere. ? Kanye and every damn fleet of street gothic ? that followed suit, if anything he hasn't been anything else than a plague for hiphop. Now you got even struggle rappers getting their leather and religious prints on, even that damn fat ass kid Terio was wearing some Givenchy ? the other day.

So, beyond all the artistic stuff and visuals, i hope you impressionable ? realize that there is no substance whatsoever in neither his art nor music.

so you saying artist cant have an Common electric circuit moment really and liked that album it was different just like mind control was and thos the pops on those building was dope if you like it or not me i enjoyed yeezus it had alot of EDM influences in it so it wasnt a problem ? go hard in the gym or in the car but i mean thats just my taste in music most people arent ready for one thing you should be happy a black man has that confidence in him to think that he is that ? cause most people in our communities get hung up on the i cants in life and that aint so i do support his art it aint for everybody but dont be mad bruh
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black skin head is the best song on yeezus.
  • JerfyT
    JerfyT Members Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Black skin head is the best song on yeezus.

Blood on the Leaves for me. I also want to hear the original 6 minute or so version of I'm In It