The Official Pusha T My Name is My Name Album Discussion Thread (@10.8)

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Am i the only one who wasnt feeling it too much?

Im a fan of Pusha/Clipse. This album was lyrically dope but not so much sonically IMO. Sounded like a mix of tough lyricism & his usual topic over Top 40 production. Nothing wrong with it if youre into it but im not & it didnt fit too well IMO.

If it was purely up to me id go more for the "Nosetalgia" sound & less of some of those features, but i get that he needs a reach especially someone like Push who aint gonna do huge numbers.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Sonically" ?

The album had banging beats . ..
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    possible AOTY. which is kinda sad
    Why? It's a nice ass album
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Album still gets play from me
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    possible AOTY. which is kinda sad
    Why? It's a nice ass album

with all the big names dropping this year, not much quality albums were dropped

SnuffDaddy wrote: »

Im a fan of Pusha/Clipse. This album was lyrically dope but not so much sonically IMO. Sounded like a mix of tough lyricism & his usual topic over Top 40 production. Nothing wrong with it if youre into it but im not & it didnt fit too well IMO.

If it was purely up to me id go more for the "Nosetalgia" sound & less of some of those features, but i get that he needs a reach especially someone like Push who aint gonna do huge numbers.
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »

Top 40 production?

huh? what in the top 40 billboard sounds like this album?
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at Top 40 Production
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Album was really solid but didn't really stand out Snitch was a great record though. I think everything else was in the good to really good range.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought the album was dope. Especially that 40 acted joint and the track with rozay. It's a shame he's gotta rely on all those features tho. I bet if he had it his way he wouldn't have any.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After a 10th listen, I lost interest in this album. ? 's kinda trash and the only song that stuck out was nostalagia. To be real, this ? kinda swagger jacked NY but didn't bring enough creativity with it. He's a dope lyricist but it's a boring record.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Solid album. like many folks have already stated i wish he wouldn't have had so many features and if he did have features it would've been actual spitters and not most of the cats who was on it.

Overall I'm happy with my purchase though