Fighting in front of the kids...do or don't

Options
124»

Comments

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do
    I dont see the issue with displaying the argument that stems from a disagreement...

Now, like I said, situations that kids have no business even knowing about should be off limits...as well as arguments that could provoke impulsive emotional responses...

But minor disagreements being talked out in front of children can be beneficial to the overall development of a child.

1. As others mentioned, it can help develop positive conflict resolution. If one parent is in the wrong, and the parents talk it out to the point where said parent realized they are wrong and apologizes, I see nothing wrong with this.

2. It also gives the child a does of reality and a example of what they can expect in adulthood. No marriage/realtionship is perfect and arguments do happen. This will only prepare them for adulthood and if done responsibly it will help them to understand there is a time to argue a point to get the desired outcome, and a time to admit fault and adjust behaivor to better the relationship...

I don't condone condescending talk or disrespect however. And I definatley don't believe in physical altercations. So I believe I actually am 50/50 oh this topic based on circumstances.

Got damn I ain't realize how long that post was...my bad yall...on that note...

22545-iTAmcGIF-D3Mb.gif
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    Do
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Do
    Yes they need to learn that just because you love someone doesnt mean you'll always agree. Helps them later on in life so they dont have unrealistic expectations on what a relationship will be like.

I didnt read the story but I assume these are pale faces.

Also I dont think they mean the kind of fights people think of like yelling and screaming and name calling. Im sure they mean "disagreements in where voices so happen to be raised."

I think when parents fight away from the kids they can still sense the uncomfortableness between the two. They can still tell the two have been fighting and it probably makes it worse because they can feel the tension in the room but since it wasnt hashed out they dont get any closer their self. The more information humans have the less afraid/tense they are psychologically.

But in the end it doesnt matter either way. Not like doing either will make the kid a better person.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't
    Fight Argue
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    LOL..all you new age parents gonna solve all your parental arguments over email and skype so the kids will never see you debate or argue.....so when they grow up they will be good little robot who won't know how to debate an issue and will conform just nicely into what the delusional call "the norm" where life is without friction, thus ridding the world of critical thought..... pitiful..... Yall grandmamas turning over in they graves raisin' they switches and extension chords to Heaven....lol
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    Do
    twatgetta wrote: »
    LOL..all you new age parents gonna solve all your parental arguments over email and skype so the kids will never see you debate or argue.....so when they grow up they will be good little robot who won't know how to debate an issue and will conform just nicely into what the delusional call "the norm" where life is without friction, thus ridding the world of critical thought..... pitiful..... Yall grandmamas turning over in they graves raisin' they switches and extension chords to Heaven....lol

lol...and with this post u now come off of ignore
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Do

so yall couldnt talk your differences out?

you just put the man on ignore?

this is the classic example of not knowing how to solve problems.......

shame....just shameful...lol
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    Do
    pralims wrote: »

so yall couldnt talk your differences out?

you just put the man on ignore?

this is the classic example of not knowing how to solve problems.......

shame....just shameful...lol

man...u cant reason with a ? bruh....

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do
    Lies, lies, and more ? lies. When you are fighting you are not rational especially women. That's when they'll let something slip like ' that's why you like fingers in ya ass nasty ass ? ' and then your kids hears this and y'all ? be having the ? face in front of your offspring. Fighting is not rational, it's not productive, it's not clean. It's a messy, profanity laden tirade against another person. You can have heated discussions in front of your child but having a fight is wrong imo.

the chick you talk about in this example needs her ass beat.

an the dude aint putting the fear of repercussion if she say something wrong
  • Leviathan616
    Leviathan616 Members Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't
    Nah. Keep the little ones out of your business. If they see you arguing in front of them, they will try to pit you against one another when they get old enough to do so. Kids need to see a united front.