Options

Comments

• hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sully wrote: »
    i dunno...he may be right, but i'm not inclined to learn something from an 8th grade dropout
    You must not be listening to a lot of intelligent men and women throughout history.

Historian's fallacy. You're assuming that I'm not likely to listen to intelligent people of the past b/c I reject the historical expertise of a present-day 8th grade dropout.

Everything is the past even this posting. I see you know, telling Lincoln to shut up he doesn't know ? since he only went to school for a few months.

Mark Twain, I'm not reading his ? pff, I graduated 1990's broken Public school I'm too smart for that ? .

Nope. I'd listen to Lincoln if he talked politics. I'd listen to Mark Twain if he discussed writing. But i'd fact them on everything if they were to talk about, say, medicine, or mathematics.

Indians saving Pilgrims isn't physics or mathematics, it's general knowledge.
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dunno...he may be right, but i'm not inclined to learn something from an 8th grade dropout
    You must not be listening to a lot of intelligent men and women throughout history.

Historian's fallacy. You're assuming that I'm not likely to listen to intelligent people of the past b/c I reject the historical expertise of a present-day 8th grade dropout.

Everything is the past even this posting. I see you know, telling Lincoln to shut up he doesn't know ? since he only went to school for a few months.

Mark Twain, I'm not reading his ? pff, I graduated 1990's broken Public school I'm too smart for that ? .

Nope. I'd listen to Lincoln if he talked politics. I'd listen to Mark Twain if he discussed writing. But i'd fact them on everything if they were to talk about, say, medicine, or mathematics.

Indians saving Pilgrims isn't physics or mathematics, it's general knowledge.

That's actually part of the point of one of my earlier posts in this thread.
  • sully
    Options

? just shut up and eat yo turkey...

refute me.
  • rico_ENS
    rico_ENS Members Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sully a duck bruh homeboy makin no sense just hating
  • sully
    Options
    rico_ENS wrote: »
    Sully a duck bruh homeboy makin no sense just hating

u confused?
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lonely ass ? arguing for no reason on thanksgiving.
  • sully
    Options

Nice try, but it's not my thanksgiving. I'm Canadian, I ate my turkey a month ago.

Also, I'm not a hypocrite and hate the white man like so many on here, and yet celebrate their genocidal achievements.
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Brian B. wrote: »
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    Stopitfive wrote: »

go "learn " it from a history book...

Where the hell do you think Nas gets his information from? I'd just rather read something from the expert than the regurtitator. Can't see how anyone would have a problem with that.

if you were getting a doctorate in something, would you go asking a 14 year old to tutor you in something he learned from a book? B/c that's basically what we're talking about when it comes to Nas.

Nah. I'm suggesting u go read a history book written by a historian.

so you respond to me by disagreeing and then suggesting I do what I already said i should do and have been saying others should do?

your post is contradicting itself.

Lol look at your posts

you say folks should read books as a way to learn & Nas has said he's read books (including the dictionary if I'm correct), but since he dropped out it doesn't count or somethin?

Seems like your gripe w/ Nas is personal & you're white too, so him sayin that bout your ancestors might upset you

And I'm not white. Not even close.

Nice try, but it's not my thanksgiving. I'm Canadian

yeah-right-o.gif

• SneakDZA
    Options
    This ? admitted to being Canadian like that was a W
  • Brian B.
    Options
    you're harpin on the fact he dropped out, then sayin high school ain't ? in the same breath

so if someone decides to drop out & educate themselves what's the problem? lol

got damn creepy ass cracka
  • sully
    Options

My country can provide healthcare and make a website. You can't say the same about yours.
  • sully
    Options

Nice try, but it's not my thanksgiving. I'm Canadian, I ate my turkey a month ago.

Also, I'm not a hypocrite and hate the white man like so many on here, and yet celebrate their genocidal achievements.

But yet u refused to learn from a black man who dropped out of public school (white institution)...and basically ? on him for leaving the white education system and teach himself.....yea ok ?

Are we talking about Nas or Neil DeGrasse Tyson. B/c one i'll learn from, the other I don't care to.
  • SneakDZA
    Options

My country can provide healthcare and make a website. You can't say the same about yours.

your country hired me to make web sites for them. i had to pay for my own health care while i was there.
  • sully
    Options
    you're harpin on the fact he dropped out, then sayin high school ain't ? in the same breath

Why don't you think about what you just wrote in reply to what i've written. If high school ain't ? , then what makes you think i'd give a ? about the opinion of a dropout speaking on something they haven't proven they've mastered?

I like his music and would be interested in what he has to say about hip hop music or music in general, but other than that, you're a fool to think what Nas says has any academic merit or worth any reaction other than "that's interesting". Especially, when what you think is "kicking knowledge" is just regurgitating what any 7th grader has learned.
  • sully
    Options

your country hired me to make web sites for them. i had to pay for my own health care while i was there.

B/c your not a Canadian citizen. Not sure if you think that's any kind of problem.
  • SneakDZA
    Options

B/c your not a Canadian citizen. Not sure if you think that's any kind of problem.

Nope, quite the opposite actually... if I was a Canadian citizen then it would be a problem. I'd be Canadian :(
  • sully
    Options

Nope, quite the opposite actually... if I was a Canadian citizen then it would be a problem. I'd be Canadian :(

Y'know, i've always wished I were American. Nothing more proud than to live in a nation that treats everyone not white like a second class citizen. Where racism and propaganda are about as prevalent as WWII ? Germany. Where obesity is an epidemic, along with diabetes and hypertension. Where people are losing their health coverage and getting worse coverage b/c the government can't put together a simple website. Where there's less social mobility and the average house is worth less. Where half the countries budget is dedicated to the military, and where the infant mortality rate is higher than every other industrialized nation in the world.

• Brian B.
    edited November 2013
    Options

Why don't you think about what you just wrote in reply to what i've written. If high school ain't ? , then what makes you think i'd give a ? about the opinion of a dropout speaking on something they haven't proven they've mastered?

I like his music and would be interested in what he has to say about hip hop music or music in general, but other than that, you're a fool to think what Nas says has any academic merit or worth any reaction other than "that's interesting". Especially, when what you think is "kicking knowledge" is just regurgitating what any 7th grader has learned.

lol man this is my last post to you

the context of the thread Nas is sayin indians helped the pilgrims, then the pilgrims killed them

& your 1st response in "I dunno" lmao wtf? so you don't think the indians helped the pilgrims then in return got diseased, killed & sent on the trail of tears? Ok
  • sully
    Options

lol man this is my last post to you

the context of the thread Nas is sayin indians helped the pilgrims, then the pilgrims killed them

& your 1st response in "I dunno" lmao wtf? so you don't think the indians helped the pilgrims then in return got diseased, killed & sent on the trail of tears? Ok

reading comprehension is essential. B/c I also said "he may be right", indicating he's likely correct in his assessment.

If I disagreed with him or thought he was wrong I would've said "he may be wrong" or "he may not be right".

This is why staying in school is essential. Like I also said in this thread, graduating from high school usually means you have basic reading skills.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    No form of education is worse than the other unless it flat out lies to you, which is what the American public schools do. I've learned things about African history from crackheads these schools don't even have the ? to teach. Just because that particular education system hasn't "built the internet" doesn't mean it's less viable than the other. It may just be that whoever doesn't want that knowledge to be taught is stifling the teachers of that system in some way.

All that being said, I hope @sully realizes that he spent an entire Thanksgiving evening arguing on the internet that he can't take a rapper's words in a song seriously cuz he didn't graduate from a school that would've taught him the wrong ? in the first place.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    For you people with no intelligence this is what Nas meant.

It can be taken as an example of how history is warped to fit the point of view of certain high hats. In a sense we don’t wanna be teaching second graders about how the true Americans were tricked, lied to, murder pillaged, and forced from their land to help build this great nation. Its still a messed up story that shouldn’t be candy coated.

There is a book, The Mayflower that gives a very comprehensive history of how that came about.

Basically, the Pilgrims got along well with the Native Americans (Indians) as long as the Pilgrims needed their help to survive. The 1st generation Pilgrims honoured their treaties and the Natives honoured them from their side. But the second generation Pilgrims got greedy for land and the Indians had to fight for their survival. Read the history of King Philip’s War. It was the bloodiest conflict, in per capita casualties, in American (then colonial) history.

1st generation Pilgrims, thanks for giving
    2nd generation Pilgrims, we want the rest of the land.

Thanksgiving is a holiday based on people’s ignorance towards the Native Americans that were killed and for their land. Entire cultures were wiped out it was a genocide.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Elrawd wrote: »
    ? white culture.

@Elrawd yet your avitar is of a person with a smart phone talking a selfie which originates from white hipster culture

• BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanksgiving has some positivity to it.. Columbus day is what I don't celebrate. All holidays, have lies wrapped around them....