Don't feed the Poor.................... in public.

Options
DafuqYo
DafuqYo Members Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
Los Angeles considering proposal to ban feeding homeless people in public

As the number of homeless people in Los Angeles County continues to rise, the City Council is weighing a ban on feeding homeless people in public areas. City Council members Tom LaBonge and Mitch O’Farrell, both Democrats, introduced the resolution after complaints from Los Angeles residents. Arguing that meal lines should be moved indoors, the legislators said the proposal would benefit both the homeless and residential neighborhoods.Actor Alexander Polinsky is one Los Angeles resident who complained about the number of homeless people crowding his neighborhood.“If you give out free food on the street with no other services to deal with the collateral damage, you get hundreds of people beginning to squat,” Polinsky toldThe New York Times. “They are living in my bushes and they are living in my next door neighbor’s crawl spaces. We have a neighborhood which now seems like a mental ward.”“This has overwhelmed what is a residential neighborhood,” Council member LaBongesaid. ”When dinner is served, everybody comes and it’s kind of a free-for-all.”

Thank ? most of you guys have over 15k stacked up.

Comments

• twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We ? in a cup and added some cinnamon sticks and a ? thought it was hot tea until he got ready to drink it....we sped off as he tried to throw the cup at us......good times...? bums.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bad news for Pico
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah

Sucks that u homeless but u gotta live that journey thru it's entirety, to include eating outta the trash and stealing

Unless u got a child with ya than I'll throw u something
  • DafuqYo
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    America is one of the richest countries yet everyone is cool with people literally living on the streets and starving...while someone up the street pays 2k for a handbag

You have the option to fail here.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    twatgetta wrote: »
    We ? in a cup and added some cinnamon sticks and a ? thought it was hot tea until he got ready to drink it....we sped off as he tried to throw the cup at us......good times...? bums.

Was this supposed to earn you cool points, ? ?

Bet you wouldnt say that if it was the same homeless dude that stared into ur soul while he was wackin his ? on the bus
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

GbfKmqK.jpg

? the homeless.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bet you wouldnt say that if it was the same homeless dude that stared into ur soul while he was wackin his ? on the bus

lmao..well no, but his offense went beyond having the audacity to be homeless.

I mean who picks on homeless people?? That's ? up.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that's ridiculous. smh
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sad ? making those who are homeless the reason likes it's not the people who are making the laws and controlling everything that's the problem.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow at actually fining someone for being decent.
  • DafuqYo
    Options
    But seriously. Who would want a bunch of homeless people squatting in your neighborhood?

That's an eyesore.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    America is one of the richest countries yet everyone is cool with people literally living on the streets and starving...while someone up the street pays 2k for a handbag

Man ? them fools, they'll be running up the block to cop 2k in ? if you gave it to them. Many of them prefer living on the street than paying bills or going to a shelter.
    you feed the homeless them bums will be following you home like stray cats. Casing your neighborhood and setting up shop. That ? all bad news. I once lived in a nice apartment complex. Them bums came an took that ? oversleeping in the bushes, breaking in all the mailboxes, stealing people identities, opening up credit in your name, waiting til people went to work and broke in people's apartments. Every time you took out the garbage them bums would be waiting in th dumpsters like "what, u don't see me in here". After that I moved to a gated community. ? apartment living. I'll give to the Salvation Army or goodwill but I ain't giving them bums ? .
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    This crazy lady came up to me this morning talking about she my aunt and she need a couple of dollas. she was clearly crazy. She said my uncle TERRY, would love to see me, and when the man told her to get out the store at the gas station, she said shut the ? up I'm talking to my niece!
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Kat

I never heard about that story Kathryn.

How long ago was this?
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    If they are on your property ....that is one thing

But folks lining up to get a meal or whatever is being offered ....is another

Banning that is just mean

I don't give out cash to the homeless.... I'll pass out those lil blankets from Walmart, gloves ,hats and cans of soup with a spoon instead
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I give to the homeless thats how I pay my tithes. That way I can see it's really going to the homeless, even if they drink a beer, sometimes I look at them and see they need it.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

@Kat

I never heard about that story Kathryn.

How long ago was this?

It was awhile back. I posted the story in the ADHD thread.

Me and the bf had a fight so I had hopped a city bus to get home early.

That was my first mistake.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who lives next to a soup kitchen?
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

you better hope and pray karma doesn't come back to bite you in the ass. that was childish and cruel.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If they do that, then they need to build more homes for the homeless.
  • DafuqYo
    Options
    icks86 wrote: »
    If they do that, then they need to build more homes for the homeless.

Who is they?
  • purpngold
    purpngold Members Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LMFAO that's evil