Satanists seek spot next to Ten Commandments monument on steps of Oklahoma's Statehouse

Options
DafuqYo
DafuqYo Members Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
edited December 2013 in For The Grown & Sexy
In their zeal to tout their faith in the public square, conservatives in Oklahoma may have unwittingly opened the door to a wide range of religious groups, including satanists who are seeking to put their own statue next to a Ten Commandments monument on the Statehouse steps.The Republican-controlled Legislature in this state known as the buckle of the Bible Belt authorized the privately funded Ten Commandments monument in 2009, and it was placed on the Capitol grounds last year despite criticism from legal experts who questioned its constitutionality. The Oklahoma chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union has filed a lawsuit seeking its removal.But the New York-based Satanic Temple saw an opportunity. It notified the state's Capitol Preservation Commission that it wants to donate a monument and plans to submit one of several possible designs this month, said Lucien Greaves, a spokesman for the temple."We believe that all monuments should be in good taste and consistent with community standards," Greaves wrote in letter to state officials. "Our proposed monument, as an homage to the historic/literary Satan, will certainly abide by these guidelines."Greaves said one potential design involves a pentagram, a satanic symbol, while another is meant to be an interactive display for children. He said he expects the monument, if approved by Oklahoma officials, would cost about $20,000.Rep. Mike Ritze, R-Broken Arrow, who spearheaded the push for the Ten Commandments monument and whose family helped pay the $10,000 for its construction, declined to comment on the Satanic Temple's effort, but Greaves credited Ritze for opening the door to the group's proposal."He's helping a satanic agenda grow more than any of us possibly could," Greaves said. "You don't walk around and see too many satanic temples around, but when you open the door to public spaces for us, that's when you're going to see us."The Oklahoma Legislature has taken other steps that many believe blur the line that divides church and state. The House speaker said he wants to build a chapel inside the Capitol to celebrate Oklahoma's "Judeo-Christian heritage." Several lawmakers have said they want to allow nativity scenes and other religious-themed symbols in public schools.Rep. Bobby Cleveland, who plans to introduce a one such bill next year, said many Christians feel they are under attack as a result of political correctness. He dismissed the notion of Satanists erecting a monument at the Capitol."I think these Satanists are a different group," Cleveland, R-Slaughterville, said. "You put them under the nut category."Brady Henderson, legal director for ACLU Oklahoma, said if state officials allow one type of religious expression, they must allow alternative forms of expression, although he said a better solution might be to allow none at all on state property."We would prefer to see Oklahoma's government officials work to faithfully serve our communities and improve the lives of Oklahomans instead of erecting granite monuments to show us all how righteous they are," Henderson said. "But if the Ten Commandments, with its overtly Christian message, is allowed to stay at the Capitol, the Satanic Temple's proposed monument cannot be rejected because of its different religious viewpoint."___

This is so fair.

Satanist should do more in the community.

7a328360f72b46a5a3088a85352c7309bc211d331c321ae9dac4d796b5570bfd.jpg

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Freedom of religion.

Good ? .

Express ya self.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Devil is a good dude anyways, which is why I said "? is the devil and the devil is ? "...

Maybe when ? and Satan had their little girl fight in the bible, ? got switched around...

Satan took gods spot and ? was forced to take Satans spot.

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They got as much right as Christians do.
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    ? in the old testament was Satan
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If we are to assume Satan and biblical evil are real, then at least one of two possibilities are true.

Satan is equally powerful to ? and ? cannot destroy him so ? is not almighty.

? gives no ? about you and will let a shooter gun down a kindergarten class but will occasionally intervene for your local college sports team.

*shrugs
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you damn right Will

mileena-jayes-joro-lrg-212.jpg
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oops...wrong file...

mileena-hayes-2-o.gif
  • DafuqYo
    Options
    If we are to assume Satan and biblical evil are real, then at least one of two possibilities are true.

? gives no ? about you and will let a shooter gun down a kindergarten class but will occasionally intervene for your local college sports team.

*shrugs

I think they was lovers.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The deceiver was Asherah his wife when they broke up when Judah was destabilize ad a independent nation.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    welp, perfect thread for one of these.
    cute-butt-ass-gifs-treadmill_zps37e5726e.gif

This just changed to GOAT bc of your post.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    They doing ? outta spite not cool. Why can't it be at another place why next to something Christian like. Smh
  • DafuqYo
    Options
    They doing ? outta spite not cool. Why can't it be at another place why next to something Christian like. Smh

Satan is part of Christianity tho.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Satanism isn't
  • DafuqYo
    Options
    Satanism isn't

Yes it is.

• VIBE
    Options

You don't think Christians do the same?
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options

*shrugs

Extremely powerful post......I say let the Satanists build whatever the ? they want. It's not like ? is gonna do anything about it anyway.

I personally believe the Bible ? and Satan, if they are real (which they are not) are ? buddies. ? doesn't wanna destroy his arch enemy Satan, even after all these thousand and millions of years. Satan and the phony Bible ? are obviously lovers, so I say let a statue be built of both them together.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options

Because from a Biblical perspective, Satan and ? are obviously working together. The world is ? up, and ? isn't doing ? about it. He's sitting on his ass and drinking a milkshake while Satan causes mayhem. ? and Satan were built for each other, let the statue be built.

Mind you, I don't have respect for any religion so I could care less. But I respect a Satanist over a Christian. The ? Bible supports slavery and I've never heard of a Satanist supporting slavery.....
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Extremely powerful post......I say let the Satanists build whatever the ? they want. It's not like ? is gonna do anything about it anyway.

I personally believe the Bible ? and Satan, if they are real (which they are not) are ? buddies. ? doesn't wanna destroy his arch enemy Satan, even after all these thousand and millions of years. Satan and the phony Bible ? are obviously lovers, so I say let a statue be built of both them together.

I wish I could goat and lol you at the same time.

I honestly cant take credit for that because I was recalling something I read a while that I just looked up called the 'Logical Problem of Evil'

It essentially says that impossible for all of the following statements to be true at the same time:

(1) ? is omnipotent (that is, all-powerful).

(2) ? is omniscient (that is, all-knowing).

(3) ? is perfectly good.

(4) Evil exists.

...If ? were all-knowing, it seems that ? would know about all of the horrible things that happen in our world. If ? were all-powerful, ? would be able to do something about all of the evil and suffering. Furthermore, if ? were morally perfect, then surely ? would want to do something about it.

I don't even understand what I'll call 'biblical evil' ( actions a person does because they are influenced\controlled by satan ). Can't somebody just be mentally ill?

Bah, I imagine there is an alternate universe where Satan is revered as a liberator and hero of freedom while ? is viewed as a tyrant who demands worship and obedience or risk jeopardy with an eternity of damnation.

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    butt hurt satanist are butt hurt
  • VIBE
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    butt hurt satanist are butt hurt

Actually, it seems like the Christians are.