Is B.o.B officially a f**k ninja?

Options
KamPushMe
KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2013 in The Reason
This ? had some pretty good music back then.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkKG33-XtpA

But now he's talking bout eating ? and how him and young dro is gonna find ? and murder them

I can't respect this cat anymore

Comments

• KamPushMe
    edited December 2013
    Options
    i mean this ? had decent music back in 08 and 09 now this ? is just trash
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bob a dope artist imo, just was tryna show versatility throughout his career and be more than the typical rapper, personally i thought the 2nd album was dope and the first somewhat disappointed, havent heard underground luxury but i expect it to be close to how ? em we ball was
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bob is dope but his albums suck
  • KamPushMe
    Options
    bob a dope artist imo, just was tryna show versatility throughout his career and be more than the typical rapper, personally i thought the 2nd album was dope and the first somewhat disappointed, havent heard underground luxury but i expect it to be close to how ? em we ball was

I hope you dont mean strange clouds
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ehh homie is kinda creative and I ? with some of his stuff. Haven't heard his newest material but wasnt that big a fan of Strange Clouds.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Its always funny to me when these kinda topics get made about B.o.B
    Its like some of you ? never heard of him prior to his first album
    You say "he wanna make records with Bruno Mars but wants respect from the hip-hop community"
    Dude been making those same records his entire career. You cant pick and choose when you wanna make him a "hip-hop" artist.
    He's a dope artist but he was doomed from the start.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Kamp123 wrote: »

I hope you dont mean strange clouds

i do bruh, laugh/nosign if u want but

title track
    outta my mind
    just a sign
    where are you
    ray bands
    play for keeps
    arena

all dope, im not the biggest fan of overly pop sounding rap tracks but i fooled with some of em on there also, bob has many styles he can switch up too
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    He's not switchin up genres to please no damn hip hop heads...He's always made all kinda music...BOB is Cudi but from the south, less erratic, and with way better rap/instrument skills...If he feels like rappin circles around ? , he will...And when he feel like singin or doin some simplistic pop ? , he does...He's always been that way...

No he hasn't. Bobby Ray was a hot spitta back in the day when T.I. was courtin' him. His alternative ? took a huge back seat in the beginning, but he flipped into pop the moment he saw ? was working for him dollar wise. No one is faulting him for getting that check. ? are faulting him for getting that check, and then turning around salty because no one is mentioning him in their top 5.

On top of that, Kid Cudi doesn't make any ? pure pop tracks. All of his ? is alternative / experimental Hip-Hop. The ? keeps it 100 to his craft, and is literally in his own self-developed lane.
  • jono
    Options
    Play for keeps is dope. There's a few dope cuts on there but overall it's just a meh album.
  • jono
    Options
    Play for keeps is dope. There's a few dope cuts on there but overall it's just a meh album.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Lol @ bobs alt ? taking a back seat and cudi not making ? pop tracks
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His new album "Underground Luxury" is not too bad. I will admit I went into that album with EXTREMELY LOW expectations. It ended up better than I thought. It sounds more "? Em' We Ball" than "Strange Clouds" thats why I feel like its kinda forced. Its less creative like his first 2 albums. Its more "typical ? ? " music. IMO he took a step back but maybe he felt making more hip-hop records was necessary for him.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    guess ? forgot about ill be in the sky
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Right...Cause "Apple Pie", "Grip Your Body", "Room 34", "My Song", "Middle Of The Day", "They Keep Crying", and "Use Your Love" are such hip hop/rnb songs...Listeners had absolutely no indication that it would be in him to make a song like "Nothin On You" or "Magic"...You're right.
  • KamPushMe
    Options
    guess ? forgot about ill be in the sky
    Thats why I said he had good ? back then but now he fell off