Beyonce ft Jay-Z - ? In Love

Options

Comments

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    flow, delivery, lyrics...
    stop with the "? " excuse...
    many artists write/perform ? /high and their ? is genius... this ? was garbage truck juice.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    This verse wasn't een wack...They were sposta be ? ...? is y'all talmbout...?
    ? in love. Not liquor. Nice try tho
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac spit a legendary freestyle while ? . Jay Z gotta start taking rap a little more serious because those old RD BP TBA fumes he been riding on for past 10 years starting to sputter out super ugly. I would love to hear a Juicy J remix with one of his having sex with your wife sublims to make Jay Z ? like Sean Paul did
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    flow, delivery,

His flow was choppy on purpose...His delivery was kinda high pitched, but I'd attribute that to the feel of the song...

lyrics

His verse was in chronological order...And I ain't hear no terrible lines...Cept maybe the G3, 4, 5, 6 ?

stop with the "? " excuse...
    many artists write/perform ? /high and their ? is genius...

It's not an excuse...And it's not about bein genius...With this song they were trying to capture the way it sounds and feels when you havin ? and wanna ? ...Ion see how they failed, sounds pretty realistic to me...

this ? was garbage truck juice.

Eso es simplemente una opinión ... Una opinión bastante simple en eso.
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    This verse wasn't een wack...They were sposta be ? ...? is y'all talmbout...?
    ? in love. Not liquor. Nice try tho

? ...What song did you listen to?...And how do you get ? IN liquor?...I've been ? ON liquor before...The song is not a metaphor it's a dramatization...
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ the trolling in here.

Stop it slime.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay has got to be the only rapper in the HISTORY of rap where EVERY verse he spits is over analyzed to this extreme I mean we're really going back and forth over a verse on a bey song like its song ole renegade II feat nas and em and jay just came with the weakest verse ever....does every verse this ? spit REALLY need to be put on a scale and analyzed down to every word can't a ? just rap with his wife for the fun of it smh
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Jay has got to be the only rapper in the HISTORY of rap where EVERY verse he spits is over analyzed to this extreme I mean we're really going back and forth over a verse on a bey song like its song ole renegade II feat nas and em and jay just came with the weakest verse ever....does every verse this ? spit REALLY need to be put on a scale and analyzed down to every word can't a ? just rap with his wife for the fun of it smh

When you walkin around calling yourself jehova, ? mc, the best greatness is expected from you.

• za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    It's not about holding Jay to unfair standards.

It's more that Jay hasn't been on point for a while now and this track is further evidence of this fact. I'd give him a pass if he'd had just released an amazing album and had been murdering features all year, but let's not pretend that's what he's been going on. He's been off his game for a minute now and it's disappointing.

One thing I liked about Jay is that he used to ? pop features like this. I always liked that feature he had on Pharrell's joint "Frontin'". He came mad correct on that with a dope flow and wordplay, you know. He showed up to work no matter who the track was for. Misses were few and far in between. The problem is that this isn't 2003 and Jay is well past his prime. I'm not hatin', it just sucks to see one of my favorite rappers in slow, progressive decline. Those are just honest sentiments from a fan.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »

When you walkin around calling yourself jehova, ? mc, the best greatness is expected from you.

One of the realest ? I've ever quoted .. .
  • soul rattler
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

One of the realest ? I've ever quoted .. .

co-sign. Why is this ? so hard for ? to comprehend? This verse may have been cool for ? Trinidad James or Chief Keef cause the bar is that low for them.
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    Okay...What could he have done that would make the verse better?...Hoe would you have liked him to approach this song...?
  • za'kiss
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Stay on beat for one.

And then you know, the basics. Worldplay, metaphors, similes, punchlines, interesting stories. In other word, BARS. And a good flow. Do you need a tutorial on dope MCing? And don't say he can't come correct on a song about love or sex, since rappers been making dope songs on these topics for decades.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He wasn't on beat???
    The Clint Eastwood "Trouble with the Curve" movie metaphor that probably went over your head wasn't good???
    Talking to a female about having her back up that mess she was talking wasn't interesting enough for you???
    Gotcha....
  • za'kiss
    edited December 2013
    Options
  • A1000MILES
    Options
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This guy has tons of classic ? and yall ? about one verse.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    ?
    overanalyzing
    standards too high...
    u ? sound like stans. the ? is wack, no analysis needed.
    no excuses...
    he got murdered by his wife... this is historical... not many MCs can make that claim...
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You ? typing too much about a verse yall don't like. It's just strange to me. But whatever continue your hateathon
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    its a message board... about hip hop...
  • soul rattler
    Options
    Explaining why you don't like something = hating and over-analyzing

Where that ? Jamal at? You sensitive ? need fathers.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked this song more than any of their other songs together.. it felt more real to me.. their a couple thats put time in, had their problems and still having fun, playin around and ? .. plus beyonce bad as ? .. if its true about her and bodyguards, im really considering tryna make that happen.. i actually liked jay verse.. sometimes i wish i could listen to ? with some of yall ears but i probally wouldnt enjoy the music as much.. its a good song
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac spit a legendary freestyle while ? . Jay Z gotta start taking rap a little more serious because those old RD BP TBA fumes he been riding on for past 10 years starting to sputter out super ugly. I would love to hear a Juicy J remix with one of his having sex with your wife sublims to make Jay Z ? like Sean Paul did

the most legendary music in all genres usually involved drugs and alcohol tho. why you think ? become goat ? talkers after they ? ?

• poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He wasn't on beat???
    The Clint Eastwood "Trouble with the Curve" movie metaphor that probably went over your head wasn't good???
    Talking to a female about having her back up that mess she was talking wasn't interesting enough for you???
    Gotcha....

Naw they wanted him to speak on the ills of the black community, or do "a week ago part II" on the verse
  • soul rattler
    Options
    He wasn't on beat???
    Gotcha....

Naw they wanted him to speak on the ills of the black community, or do "a week ago part II" on the verse

tumblr_mhvl9ft9kA1rgam01o1_500.gif
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heard it on the radio Its a bad verse imo.
    might be the worse ? he ever spit BUT its tolerable in context with the track.
    He might've actually been ? .
    everybody don't turn into geniuses when they intoxicated.
    Bey was bullshittin too, even more so than Jay.
    But ? all that did you ? see Beyonce? gotdamn!