Copywriter, 24, Tweets About Working 30 Hours In A Row, Dies The Next Day

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
Mita Diran had worked three days overtime when she collapsed to the floor and slipped into a coma Sunday. Her Twitter feed shows how she had barely slept in weeks, keeping herself going on Thai Red Bull, Kratingdaeng.

copy19n-9-web.jpg
A young Indonesian copywriter who regularly tweeted about her heavy workload died after spending 30 hours straight in the office, it has been reported.
Mita Diran, 24, collapsed to the floor and slipped into a coma on Sunday after weeks of sleeping little and downing energy drinks just to keep going.

copy19n-1-web.jpg
She died hours later.

Diran, who worked for the WPP-owned Young & Rubicam ad agency in Jakarta, repeatedly posted updates about her hectic job online.

copy19n-2-web.jpg
"30 hours of work and still going strooong," she tweeted on Saturday night.

"Tonight, I carry the keys to the office for the eighth day running," she previously posted on Tumblr, adding: "I'm still here. I have no life. Someone please take me out for drinks, kicks and giggles."

copy19n-8-web.jpg
And another tweet, from Nov. 14, read: "Sweetest sleep I've had in a long time. It's a shame I'm supposed to wake up uh, ONE HOUR earlier. Slept through 3 phone calls and 3 alarms!"

Epoch Times reports that her father Yani Syahrial posted on social-media website Path shortly after hearing that his daughter had been taken ill.

copy19n-3-web.jpg
"Hi everyone, since last night and until now my daughter who is a copywriter in Y&R lay in coma in RSPP," he wrote.

"Chances not very good. She collapsed after continuous working overtime for 3 days last night. Working over the limit. I have not slept since then," he added.

copy19n-4-web.jpg
Diran died within an hour.

An employee of Diran's father then posted: "An hour after this msg … her daughter died. She died because too much of overtime working, and too much kratingdaeng attacks her heart.

copy19n-7-web.jpg
"May she rest in peace. Please people. Know your own body limitation, don't push yourself too hard," he added. Kratingdaeng is Thai for Red Bull.

Y&R paid tribute to its young employee on its Facebook page.

copy19n-5-web.jpg
"Mita was a talented copywriter with a gentle smile who will always live on in our hearts," a statement read.

"It is a great loss and we wish Mita's family the faith and strength in each other in going through this extremely difficult time," it added.

copy19n-6-web.jpg

Comments