Official 2013-14 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    In fact, I think one of the reasons he crumbles in the playoffs and he isn't a top 5 player in the league is because he tries too hard to force that post up ? .

He should use his athleticism more to his advantage like he did in college and in his first couple years in the NBA. Force those big brick-footed nikkas like Z-bo to come off the block and defend him face to face.

Like I said before - so many athletes just play right into their competition's hands when they abandon what they do best just to try to prove ? to people that wouldn't like them no matter what they do.
    RAPH wrote: »
    Noneffective in relation to him not scoring off of it. Also, his numbers plummet in the playoffs (17/6) which is the only time I really watch him play. The few games I do catch in the regular season, all I see is alley-oops and fast break ? via Chris Paul.

... Shaq was crazy nice back in the day. Dude was a beast in every sense of the word. Faster, quicker, and stronger than the competition.

Here are some clips of him starting and finishing the fast break.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVsWuHblBwU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUtIUnj37NE

Shaq boppin' the ? out of Jordan on some playing around ? .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBOyRGHkPL0

etc.

I'm pretty sure Shaq can put the ball behind his back if need be. Like I said earlier, that ? is crazy basic.

Never seen Shaq do this in a game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXiktpVnIXU

Alley oop posts.

Now for the same "2" points he could've posted up and that big nikka would've probably ate his lunch or he would've did his struggle-post move and threw up some ? that would've clanked off the rim for a defensive rebound.

Instead, he forced them to stop him at what HE wants to do. You can tell dude was ready and praying for for a post up, but when Griff faced up and started dribbling, that nikka was about to ? his shorts.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    In fact, I think one of the reasons he crumbles in the playoffs and he isn't a top 5 player in the league is because he tries too hard to force that post up ? .

He should use his athleticism more to his advantage like he did in college and in his first couple years in the NBA. Force those big brick-footed nikkas like Z-bo to come off the block and defend him face to face.

Like I said before - so many athletes just play right into their competition's hands when they abandon what they do best just to try to prove ? to people that wouldn't like them no matter what they do.

Why would they? He can't shoot.Any competent defender would let him shoot all day or let him do those dribbling displays as much as he wants.Don't reach and move your feet,duke from detroit was reachin and went for a head fake which is terrible defense why would you jump at a head fake from griffin.

In the playoffs he crumbles cuz transition buckets get cut,teams pack the paint and play griffin physical.He can't do nothin fundamentaly on the block and has a suspect mid range jumper that's why his fg% drops so much.Griffin is fun to watch and is athletic as hell but his game is mad flawed
  • greenwood1921
    Options

Why would they? He can't shoot.Any competent defender would let him shoot all day or let him do those dribbling displays as much as he wants.Don't reach and move your feet,duke from detroit was reachin and went for a head fake which is terrible defense why would you jump at a head fake from griffin.

In the playoffs he crumbles cuz transition buckets get cut,teams pack the paint and play griffin physical.He can't do nothin fundamentaly on the block and has a suspect mid range jumper that's why his fg% drops so much.Griffin is fun to watch and is athletic as hell but his game is mad flawed

Of course he's not a perfect player. Nobody is saying he is. How many players don't have flaws? You just proved my point with the bold. His ball handling and his athleticism is his best weapon. Why not use'em?

And his jumper has obviously improved since he came into the league... ? , he already has as many threes this year as he did all last year.

You can find flaws in every player's game if you look hard enough. Even HOF'ers.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Dirk,K Love,Aldridge,Amare(before he became washed),Bosh,Horford,? ass ? ,Lee,Pau,Duncan are all pf's that can consistently hit mid range jumpers and most of em have effective post games.Griffin is the one who can dribble like an and 1 guard and jump out the gym but has a struggle post game and can't consistently hit mid range jumpers.Put that in perspective
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Dirk,K Love,Aldridge,Amare(before he became washed),Bosh,Horford,? ass ? ,Lee,Pau,Duncan are all pf's that can consistently hit mid range jumpers and most of em have effective post games.Griffin is the one who can dribble like an and 1 guard and jump out the gym.Put that in perspective

So Lee and ? are better than Blake Griffin, eh?

Well alright.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I didn't say they were better I said They can hit jumpers consistently or had post games.Griffin hits jumpers here and there and his awkward post moves work sometimes but he gets the bulk of his points in transition,2-3 easy oops or passes a game from the point gawd or at the line after corkscrewing himself into a defender to draw the star calls.Lmao when he shoots it look like when u playing nba 2k and hold the shoot button too long before releasing it
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    playin well against da pacers so far, doubt its gonna last tho
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blake Griffin still has time to develop but at this point he cant be the 2nd best player on a championship team.

Clippers ? up by not packaging him for Dwight When they had the chance.

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man I ? with lance stephenson...
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Blake Griffin still has time to develop but at this point he cant be the 2nd best player on a championship team.

Clippers ? up by not packaging him for Dwight When they had the chance.

Word and this summer IF they lose early in the playoffs.I'd send him to new york for melo
  • southsil4lil
    Options
    And lol @ Blake Griffin being on his way to Hall Of Fame.....Chokelahoma fans trying too hard to validate the only decent player they put in the league besides Eduardo Najera
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    And lol @ Blake Griffin being on his way to Hall Of Fame.....Chokelahoma fans trying too hard to validate the only decent player they put in the league besides Eduardo Najera

Another nikka that can't read. smh.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    lol @ "Should'a traded for Dwight". We talmbout "flawed players" and this nikka's solution is Dwight Howard? lmaao.

That's like talkin' about chuck-shooters and saying "should've traded for Rudy ? ."
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    playin well against da pacers so far, doubt its gonna last tho

As soon as you posted this it started
  • southsil4lil
    Options
    I saw HOF and just assumed you were taking things to the extreme as again
  • southsil4lil
    Options
    lol @ "Should'a traded for Dwight". We talmbout "flawed players" and this nikka's solution is Dwight Howard? lmaao.

That's like talkin' about chuck-shooters and saying "should've traded for Rudy ? ."

Dwight Howard took a team to the finals and won a game.....Has Rudy ? ever done that?.....and Blake Griffin hasnt even sniffed the finals
  • greenwood1921
    edited December 2013
    Options
    See if we can come out here and take control early and get it over with. Hopefully we go with our small ball rotations like the one with Ibaka at the 5 and PJ gettin' burn at the 3 and 4.

• Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    I'm pullin for blake to get fundamentally better expeditiously cuz that means skys the limit for the set
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blake is like the new Dwight Howard. People wanna nit pick him for what he doesn't do well as opposed to what he brings to the table. He's been a 20 10 guy which is rare and his jumper while it isn't refined has gotten better. He just has to be more decisive when he posts up... It almost looks like he's over thinking. If he can become more consistent with that mid range J and keep rebounding at the rate he has I can see him becoming a better version of what amare was in Phoenix
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Man, I love it when we shoot FT's at home. The crowd get church-mouse quiet and you can hear every word that come out Perk's mouth.

Toronto player: "That wasn't no foul."

Perk: "Man, don't nobody wanna hear dat ? ."
  • blazn101
    blazn101 Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Love the way the pacers are sharing the ball tonight.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Pacers need to trade granger for a Pass first PG and a pick or something
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Pacers need to trade granger for a Pass first PG and a pick or something

2nd round pick
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    great first quarter for us, just gotta limit the non forced turnovers, sadly Durant wont keep his cold shooting streak the whole game though
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ima need Stevens to unleash Marshonn we down by damn near 30 nd u still wont play him at all? da ? ?